“Great stay”

Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Anderson, South Carolina
“Great stay”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I booked my hotel with hotwire.com which I had never done before so I was a little skeptical. From even before I got to the property Dawn was very helpful and continued to be throughout the trip. I spent most of my time up late with my kids and Carolyn was such a nice person. I will most definitely stay here again if I'm back in this area and would recommend it to anyone staying in the Ocala area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
We are happy to know that we were able to serve you satisfactorily during you stay here. We highly appreciate that you took the time to share to us your wonderful experience. Your comment regarding our very reliable and helpful staff is indeed very heart-warming and inspiring. To know that we have done an excellent job in serving our valued guests is enough to motivate us do so much more in the days to come. We couldn’t wait to be of service to you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We stayed here for a night away with another family. Both of us have a little boy. It was PERFECT for this! The front desk staff was accommodating in putting us in rooms next to each other. The rooms were clean, and also were big enough for all of us to hang out together for the evening and play games. We spent alot of time in the pool and hot tub. It was clean and nice. After a great night, they sent us on our way with a very good (and free) breakfast. It's right on the highway, so would be a great place to stop for the night on your way through.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
We thank you for the time you took to write us your feedback. We are pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations; rest assured that we will constantly aim to outdo the quality service given to our guests the next time they return. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the comfort the place has brought you, the notice you gave to the hotel staff services offered has motivated us to do so much more so as to keep our valued guests happy. We look forward to seeing you soon.
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The only thing that is NOT fun is difficult to get into and out of, unless you're headed South, you must do a U-Turn, not easy in the Ocala traffic. Room 409 was close to elevator, quiet and very clean. Betty at the front desk was friendly as well. Lots of great food for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
We sincerely appreciate the time you took to write us your wonderful feedback. We are more than happy to know that we have made your experience a comfortable one. The positive remarks pertaining to our staff services and the hotel cleanliness, as well as the served breakfast has greatly motivated us to do so much more for our valued guests to deliver the best service they deserve. We look forward to be of service to you again.
Mississauga
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Great location for on and off highway access and no disappointments for the third stay here. Breakfast area. clean and well stocked with fresh fruit etc. etc. walking distance for food so don't have to drive once checked in.

Room Tip: ask for quiet location
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
The loyalty of our valued guests means so much to us, thank you for constantly choosing to stay with us. It brings us great inspiration and motivation to challenge ourselves to be better than best and give our valued guests a pleasant experience to remember. We thank you for taking notice and appreciating the effort we give to keep the hotel clean and meeting your standard with the breakfast served. We couldn’t wait to be of service to you again.
Ocala, Florida, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This hotel gave away my room on my wedding night an hour before I got there! We went to check in and the clerk told us that they didn’t have our room and they gave away our room because our credit card was declined. I knew that that was a complete lie as we have no credit card debt at all and I have since contacted my credit card company. I immediately asked for paperwork proving that statement and they could not produce it for me. I asked them why they didn’t call us, and they said they called us several times before they gave OUR room away. We just took their word for it because our phone had died during our wedding. Later we checked our phone and we had one message and only one missed call that said nothing about a credit card problem. I then asked what happened to all the stuff that was put in our room at the clerk picked up a plastic bag from behind the counter. Stuffed inside was champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, a sign with best wishes on it, and oh yeah, my beautiful new wife’s lingerie. That’s right, somebody put their hands on her lingerie. Needless to say she chose not to wear them that night.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doug G
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
We sincerely apologize if you have been put through such an upsetting experience especially during your wedding night. We are deeply sorry for all the trouble that the cancellation has brought you and your wife. It has always been our goal to give our clients the value for their money, while giving them a comfortable and pleasant experience. It has always been our aim to serve you well, and for that we apologize if we clearly failed to do so. There will be an escalation of this issue, and you can be assured that we will further discuss this very important matter in order to prevent this in the future. We hope that we may be able to serve you again, and give you a far better experience next time.
Owatonna, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Whenever I smell cleaning products that is so strong, I get worried. I got a headache within an hour, I don't know if it was Fabuloso or Lysol, but it was over bearing. They offered to spray a neutralizer which helped slightly. I sprayed it in the bathroom and then she said that it would make the floor slippery. So I wiped it up and the washcloth was filthy. I guess those floors haven't been washed in a while either. Internet service was not good either, we had a stronger signal from the La Quinta next door.

Their cookie cabinet was filthy too; more finger prints than you could imaging. I doubt they had cleaned that in a while, just kept on adding cookies without cleaning it. I guess I am glad they were out of cookies so I didn't have to make the tough choice of cookies or germs.

Bottom line, it was far too pricey for a dirty hotel. Many of the Country Inns are nice, this is NOT one of them. We stayed at 5 different ones on this trip and this was the only one with a lot of issues.

The staff was not very professional in appearance, neither the night one or the morning one. The evening attendant tried, but the morning one didn't even know what to do with a complaint.

Room Tip: At a different hotel......................
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
We thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Your inputs will greatly help us in correcting the deficiencies you pointed out to us. We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences incurred throughout your stay with us. Rest assured that the issues regarding hotel cleanliness, internet service as well as staff services will be evaluated accordingly and be given prompt actions. We hope to give you a far better experience should you reconsider visiting us again.
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My tag line says it all -- the hotel is fine except for the fact that it is basically on the exit ramp to the interstate which meant it was very noisy all night. Vroom, vroom, vroom. Trucks passing all night. So despite that the hotel is fine -- good breakfast, cookies in the lobby, indoor pool, etc -- if you are a light sleeper I'd chose a hotel a tiny bit farther from the interstate. Even a block would help.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side AWAY from the interstate. Although due to the angle of the hotel, both s...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Your feedback is greatly appreciated by us. However we would also like to apologize for the disturbances you had to deal with. Our location can sometimes have much street activity thus giving off unwanted noise, nevertheless despite that fact we still try to do our best to make the stay of our valued guests as comfortable as possible. We aim to deliver excellent service, and your reviews will help us in achieving it. We hope that you’d visit us again.