“Very luxurious suite!”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ocala, FL
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is a great place to stay. The room is very spacious, comfortable bed, shower worked great.
The pool was excellent - clean, water temperature was just right. The breakfast offered had a variety of fruit and foods. Carolyn at the front desk was very helpful in connecting me to the wifi.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ocala, FL, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. It gives us immense pleasure to know that we have served you well. We genuinely invest on giving our guests the best value for their money while making their stay a comfortable one to remember, and for you to commend us on that matter is truly rewarding and inspiring. Thank you for appreciating the staff services as well as the room accommodation in total, we certainly hope to be of service to you again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I found the staff to be very unfriendly. They seem to think that they have more important things to do than to help guests. Rooms were mediocre at best. Mine smelled VERY strongly like cleaning chemicals.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ocala, FL, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

To hear that we fell short in meeting your expectation is indeed regrettable. We wish to extend our sincere apology for failing to provide you with the service of your liking. The opportunity you gave for us to correct our deficiencies is greatly appreciated and we would like to thank you for making the effort to bring this matter to our attention. We would further assess and evaluate the points you raised regarding staff services, so that we may be able to provide you a far better experience should you visit us again next time.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Staff was very helpful in locating my two rooms next to one another. This hotel was very clean, quiet, and friendly. We enjoyed our stay and all members of the staff were professional and helpful. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel when traveling through Florida.

Stayed: June 2013
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ocala, FL, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

The comfort and satisfaction of our valued guests means so much to us, and to be able to ensure it without fail is our primary goal. We truly appreciate the time and the effort you gave to share to us your positive experience. To hear that we have served you well is rewarding enough for us already. Thank you for your kind recommendation, and we wish to let you know that your heart-warming feedback, serves as an inspiration for us to further excel in the delivery of our services. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Lydia and Lorry were wonderful when I called for modifications to my reservation and also during check-in. Breakfast was great and we slept fine (our party had three different rooms) regardless of interstate traffic.

I have a personal note to the couple who lost their room on their wedding night. Believe it or not, the same thing happened to my wife and I in Savannah approximately 22 years ago. I know it still hurts now, but it will make an interesting story in a few years. Everybody makes mistakes. If we were perfect, no one could afford us. Consider it a good omen....my wife and I have had 22 of the most wonderful years any couple could hope for. I hope y'all will be as happy as we are. Enjoy the ride....

Room Tip: Ask Lydia for help....she will do a great job.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ocala, FL, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

We truly bank on giving our guests the best service they deserve and we ensure that we go above and beyond what is needed, for you to notice and appreciate all our hard work is indeed heart-warming and very inspiring. Thank you for making the effort to share to us your valuable feedback. We couldn’t be more pleased to know that we are doing a great job in making our guests happy. May you have wonderful years ahead and many more milestones of laughter and joy to share as a family. We certainly hope that we could be of service to you again very soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

This hotel is, at best, average. Average employees, average sized room, average continental breakfast. The hotel has bathroom fixtures that are probably 50+ years old which made it very difficult to figure out how to get an "average" temperature shower.

This hotel has no restaurant and don't bother bringing back leftovers because unless you have a suite (or whatever the room type was called that I got moved to after I called Club Carlson to find out why, as a gold member I could not get a refrigerator in my room to keep all the food I had just brought back from the publix in) there isn't anywhere to keep it.

I am not sure why these hotels don't bother to tell you ahead of time whether you will get a refrigerator or not and I don't see why it's too much trouble to put one in all the rooms, or, at the very least tell you when you make the reservation you won't have one.

The location is okay in terms of it being right off the highway, but it's inconvenient if you plan on coming and going as there are no easy u-turns.

The employees just don't seem to be very motivated. Some hotels greet you with smiles and ask you how you are and ask if you need anything but this is not one of those. When I asked about getting a refrigerator I was told "only the suites have them" but yet the room I was moved to that had one was clearly not a suite. I'm not sure what the motivation is to lie about the rooms and in the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world, but this person could have chosen to take care of my problem instead of blowing me off.

I cannot say whether I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ocala, FL, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

It is with utmost sincerity that we extend our apology for falling short in meeting your expectations following your recent stay with us. It has always been our goal to give our clients the value for their money, while giving them a comfortable and pleasant experience to remember. Our aim is to serve you well, and for that we apologize if we clearly failed to do so. There will be an escalation of this issue, and you can be assured that we will further discuss this very important matter in order to address the concerns you raised with regards to the entire service in total. We hope that we may be given the chance to serve you again, and give you a far better experience next time.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Usually try to stay at Country Inn suites when possible. This was a one night stay on way to Orlando. The hotel was not up to par with other Country Inns Suites I have stayed at before. Property is hard to get to from Interstate. Room was a little run down could use a remodel. Bed was ok room was clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ron P
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ocala, FL, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for giving us a chance to improve and excel in the delivery of our services by bringing your concerns to our attention. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to write us a feedback, and we thank you for sharing to us your experience while staying with us. We wish to let you know that your voice has been heard and we are deeply sorry if we fell short in meeting your expectations. Rest assured that we will definitely try our hardest to tend to the hotel condition in total. We continually seek to give our guests the best service there is to offer. We sincerely hope that we may be able to provide you a far better experience should you wish to stay with us again next time.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

The hotel was very clean, New comfortable beds and New large flat screen TV. We got in late, around 11:30 after just making the reservation a couple of hours earlier. So we ended up with the last room that they had available. It was an excelent room. We only spent one night and was on the road again in the am, so we did not try out the pool and hot tub, but they do have one. Also have great HOT breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David34240
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ocala, FL, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

The very positive feedback you gave following your recent stay is indeed heart-warming; it is because of guests like you that we aim to challenge ourselves in constantly improving the services we offer. It is our goal to not only attend to the needs of our guests but also find ways to offer a comfortable place to stay in while giving them the best value for their money. Thank you for being such a great inspiration to drive us to succeed. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.