“Great place to visit”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The staff was very nice,they always make us feel like home,i been there for the past couple years and is always the same girls,carolyn at the front desk ,renne in the kitchen the little one in housekeping she always make me laugh her name is flor and the head housekeeping is awesome dianna .keep girls doing your job the way you know how to do it god bless

• Stayed: February 2014
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. It is the best compliment to receive this kind of praise for our staff. We will definitely continue to provide this level of service and thank you for being such a valued guest.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

everybody was really nice carolyn was excellent,the breakfast lady was so nice and kind renee,and the staff was great and the housekeeping supervisor was helping us and everything dianna the rooms was excellent nice and clean if i go back to ocala i will stay in there

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

We are so delighted to hear this glowing review about your recent stay at our Hotel. We take great pride in provided quality customer service as well as the highest level of accommodations. It was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My family and I went to Ocala, Florida for a funeral. I booked the room through Expedia stating five adults and 2 children in my party. Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Ocala Family Suite with kitchenett was the result for my accommadation. I also went to the hotel official website and it also stated that the 2 room suite could accommodate my party. After checking in, we went to the room and the room was large, nice and clean. I notice the room only sleeps 4. One bedroom with king size bed and a pull out couch in the living room. I went to the front desk and politely ask the clerk will roller way beds be included with my stay. She then told me that it will be $10 a bed per night. I told her that I book a room with accommodations for 7 and this hotel stated that it could sleep up to 5 adults and 4 children. She then looked on her computer and said that it was no way that room could sleep that many and I said my point exactly. She then began to get very rude with me and I ask her could I talk to the manager. She stated that the manager was out sick. I asked her for the Corporate office number and she told me that they do not have a corporate office. I asked her for her name and notice she had a name tag. She then looked at me and told me to make sure I could read it so it could be spelled right. At that moment, enough was enough. I told her she was very rude, dissrespectful and I did not appreciate that insult. I felt that I should not have to pay anything extra. I found the Corporate number at that time and she then told me that the only thing she could do is comp me roller beds. I could only say "wow" at that time. I did not have anymore energy for her at that time. I told her how many beds I needed and walk away. On top of this, Our key to the room would not work. We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and we were in and out of the room. Every time we had to get them to let us back into our room and at one time we was made to feel as if it was our fault that the key did not work. The house keeper did not clean our room. They stated that they could not get in to clean it, but chose not to get the door fix. Neatless to say, I talked to Customer Service and was told that they would get with the manager. I then talk to the manager on Saturday and she was very cooperative and informed me that the employee should have comp me the beds from the beginning, but she was unable to refund me my money back because I booked through Expedia. She said that she would send me a Free Night Stay. I have never been so mistreated and insulted in my life.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MsK974

We would like to apologize for the experience that you had during your stay. We know how frustrating it is to get to a place and find that what you have is different from what you expected. We definitely understand why you felt that way and it saddens us greatly that you as our guest did not get to feel the value that we aim to give each and every guest who walks in and out of our doors.
Be rest assured that this will never happen again to you or to anyone else who will stay with us. We will definitely address the issue and will not tolerate any excuse for being rude. We appreciate that you took the time to give us your feedback as this is invaluable to our quest to constantly improve and make our hotel the place to be.
Please give us another chance to make it up to you. We hope to see you again and hopefully meet if not exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We stopped over here on our way out of Orlando and found the property to be dated, but the staff was warm and friendly and the breakfast was good. A working-class atmosphere but perfectly serviceable for an overnighter. Beds only rate a 2.5/5 for comfort, but the rooms are a nice size and the furniture and appliances are complete and modern.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Casey T
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you so much for your detailed observation, please know that we truly value guest feedbacks as it helps us to directly address certain matters that are deemed important to meet utmost satisfaction of our valued customers. We sincerely apologize if we have fallen short in giving you a comfortable experience to remember. Please know that we will strive harder to meet your utmost expectations. We wish to also thank you for appreciating our overall staff hospitality, as well as the modern amenities we offer. Thank you for making the effort to share to us your concerns and for also giving us an opportunity to improve. We hope to give you a far better experience should you reconsider and stay with us again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting family on a recent vacation. Staff was friendly and helpful however this property was not up to Country Inn and Suites usual standards. The property was run down and looked shabby. The front lobby floored was scuffed and appeared dirty. I was disappointed in the appearance of the hotel. I do not think that I would stay at this location again, I did not that it was a particularly safe area of town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quiet side of the hotel away from I-75.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Thank you for making the effort to give us your constructive feedback. We truly appreciate all your insights on how we can better serve you. The notice you gave with regards to the friendly and helpful staff services is indeed heart-warming. Please know that we are committed to ensuring that we give nothing but the best experience to our guest, that is why you can be assured that we will assess the points you raised pertaining to the upkeep and the cleanliness in total. Thank you for giving us a chance to correct our deficiencies and to further improve. We value your inputs and we hope that we could be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel should you reconsider and stay with us again next time.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

FYI – I generally reserve potential rankings of 5 for upscale hotels where the quality of accommodations and service should be held to higher expectations. A 4 from me for budget hotels is a strong recommendation – however this one is offered with a few caveats. We wanted to travel further, but fatigue forced us to stop earlier than expected for the night. This hotel is the first one right off of I-75 heading north. The marquee caught our attention offering some interesting enticements. $84 plus tax was the best they could offer for a rate, but the pleasant clerk convinced us it would be worth our stay. We had a horrible night sleep in a hotel the prior night, and she promised us a quiet, comfortable stay per my request. Comfortable maybe – but quiet… not so much. She gave us a suite at the end of a hallway, so at least we had no neighboring guests and the air/heat unit was quieter than the one in the hotel the previous night. However, the traffic on the highway and busy street in front of the hotel provided almost constant road noise, with occasional bursts of revving engines and screeching brakes. I’m not sure if there is a quiet side to the hotel due to the design – you’d have to ask before checking in. If not, noise-dampening curtains would be welcome additions to the rooms. There was also a strong odor from what we assumed were cleaning products – in the hallways especially, but on entering our room as well. Restaurants are nearby for food – cookies are offered free at the front desk, and coffee is always available as well. The bed was comfortable, but the duvet too heavy. Spotted a blanket in the closet on our way out (most likely for the couch, but if I had seen it earlier I would have switched it out for the duvet). Pantene hair products in the bathroom were nice to find. We didn’t use the pool, but it looked a good size. We did take advantage of the Jacuzzi – it looked clean and was pleasantly warm, but the jets could be stronger. Both were in the same location, in a glassed in room just down the hall from the lobby – they kept a door to the outside open to keep the windows from steaming. While we didn’t feel that exactly safe, the desk clerk assured us it was. Breakfast offered a great selection, including yogurt, REAL plain oatmeal (not that flavored packaged stuff) with a selection of toppings, mixed fruit salad that included bits of citrus, waffles (didn’t eat, but offered), eggs and meat. The lady taking care of the food area was very nice and efficient! We might consider staying again due to the positives –but if you are sensitive to road noise like me, ask about the location of your room before you book.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a quiet side to the hotel - not just for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MyTwoCent s
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thank you for giving us a chance to be aware of the things that we need to work on so that we may be able to meet your expectations satisfactorily. Please know that your constructive feedback will definitely be put into consideration as we gauge our overall performance. We are indeed thankful for the positive remarks that you mentioned pertaining to the overall cleanliness of the accommodation, the excellent staff hospitality as well as the great breakfast selection and other amenities. We also understand that you were not so comfortable with the road noise and for that we are sorry. We sincerely hope that we could give you a far better experience should you wish to stay with us again on your next trip.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We were only here for one night. Staff was friendly at our late check in, room was clean but did have a smokey smell. Free breakfast was very good (although it would have been nice if they refilled the eggs) and so was the coffee. It was also a great location right off I-75.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Hearing wonderful reviews from our valuable guests motivates us to continually seek excellence. We couldn’t be more inspired to work harder than hard knowing that all our efforts have been well appreciated. We thank you for giving us an opportunity to show you our willingness to go above and beyond our call of duty to serve you well. It is our goal to give you a convenient and comfortable experience to remember, and this shows that we have achieved that successfully. We hope to see you again very soon.