“Real good place and people”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ocala, FL
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed 3 June 2010

i came and stayed here with my sister and her friend and me and my 1 year old baby. we had called after midnight before we got there and spoke with the lady about saving us the last 2 beds room. When we came in she had it saved for us. And they even had a room with a jacuzzi in it that my sister loved. the front desk lady even left the pool open a little later so me and my baby could get in. We had a great time in the inside pool and my baby loved it. The breakfast was the best part. It was free! and it was good too. My baby loved the hot chocolate the had in the lobby area all the time. We would definitally stay here again next time we come back to ocala.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 May 2010

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel while visiting family in Ocala. Our primary goal was to find an affordable suite, where our toddler could have her own room and not have to sleep right next to our bed. The family suite at this location was perfect, and affordable.

Our only issue with the hotel was that our requested crib was not present when we checked in. We called down and they immediately brought up a pack-and-play for us to use. We would have preferred a crib, but our daughter had no trouble sleeping in the pack-and-play so in the end it worked out fine. However, since we had to bring our own bedding for the crib, it could have been a much bigger deal since we might not have had sheets that fit the smaller pack-and-play.

The room was large and comfortable, plenty of space to stretch out, excellent A/C, no problems with the bathroom, shower, etc. Very pleasant all around.

Every time we interacted with the staff they treated us well, never a cross attitude. Even when we needed to use the business center in the hotel 5 times in one day (trying to manage some legal issues back home, needed to receive/sign/send some documents) they were friendly and cheerful.

The breakfasts were above-average for a free breakfast as well.

The location is highly convenient, but the opposite side of that is the noise. Right next to the highway and near a major intersection, you will hear trucks and motorcycles and cars well into the evening. But it never once interfered with our ability to sleep, even our 2-year-old daughter's.

We'd definitely book this suite again next time we're visiting family in the area.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2010

I was nervous about this place because of the mixed reviews. I would rate this place as a clean 3-star. Nothing fancy but Ocala is not a destination, it is a stopping place. Breakfast was a cut above because it included hot options, like fresh waffles and scrambled eggs. Swimming pool was indoors but it was fine with me because it was cool outside at times. Toiletries were luxurious. Fresh baked cookies in the lobby 24/7. Location is great - near a major mall, Starbucks and many inexpensive chain restaurants. Next to the interstate so convenient for a quick snooze on the way to somewhere else. Do not be afraid to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2010

This was a very nice place, although the pool downstairs was out of service on the day we were there. The room and bed were usually the quality found in far more expensive places.
Check in was pleasant, and the lady said I should have their gold card, but only one in ten of the hotels in the chain takes pets. Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annbury
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I have travelled to Ocala 3 times in the last month so I think I can offer a fair opinion on the hotels in this area. Our first trip to Ocala we stayed in this hotel. I stay at Country Inns often and will tell you this was probably the worst one I have stayed in.

On the face it looks like a typical country inn but on the inside its definately an OLD hotel. The indoor pool looked like a 70's throw-back and both of my kids refused to get into it due to its appearance. Its also located right next to the elevator and main hall so every guest gets to watch you "relax".

The room REALLY disappointed though. Again WELL USED. The room is spacious but stained floor, sheets, furniture tell the tale. Our first room (we had to be moved) wasnt AS bad as the 2nd but below CI standards. Our toilets handle broke on Friday night at 8pm or so and I called the front desk to have maintenance come and fix. Well much to my surprise there is no maintenance person available! The young front desk girl spends 5 minutes on the phone with me trying to "diagnose" the problem. I tell her LOOK the handle is BROKEN and it needs to be replaced. She offers to come up to the room and see what she can do. So I am like ok... come on up... Well not to my surprise she cant "fix" the problem and after she goes back downstairs she calls and offers another room on a different floor. Well having to move 2 kids and my wife to another room at 9pm at night after a long day isnt on my list of fun things to do I really didnt have a choice if I wanted a working toilet.

The 2nd room was worse than the first. Same worn room with nastier floors. We had to keep our socks on as the stains on the floor were probably the least of what we needed to be worried about. But hey the toilet worked. We stayed at this hotel for two days which was probably one day too long. I would only stay at this hotel if I was travelling solo and wanted a quick place to rest my head while on my way to somewhere else.

The breakfast was typical Country Inn fair. Not great but if you navigate through some of the choices you can probably make something decent. I found it odd though you needed to have "tickets" to present to eat I guess they have had issues with people who arent staying in the hotel eating (scary).

When I was checking out the clerk asked if I had any issues and I explained what happened but wasnt offered any sort of comp or discount for my troubles. I would have expected more... oh well...

In short I would stay away from this hotel. For about $20 more the Holiday Inn Conference Center is just across the street and is much nicer. It is also owned by the same people to boot. As mentioned above dont let he Country Inn name fool you this is no where near as nice as a Country Inn corporate owned hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Booked the rooms for my brother and mother who was in from New York. Service was great - Grounds very nice looking - Breakfast abundant and tasty - and the inside pool was nice because to me it felt like New York outside. Very good experience.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Stayed at Country Inn while home renovations occurred, front desk staff Kwame, Sandy, Tiffany and Katrina could not be more accommodating! Friendly and helpful housekeeping staff too. Traveled with dogs, they're welcome here. Very convenient location off I-75 on SR 200, every type of shopping and dining within 3 miles. Would definetly stay again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo