“Wonderful experience”

Horse Country Carriage Co & Tours
Ranked #3 of 8 Tours in Ocala
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic horse-drawn carriage rides through horse country! You will pass several large farms where famous horses have been trained or bred and hear the history of the farms and the area. The tour is an hour long, fully narrated, and a fun and educational experience for all ages. You will see a variety of horse breeds along the way, be sure to bring a camera! Bus groups welcome. Tours by reservation only.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were in Ocala to attend the concert by KC and the sunshine band and decided to stay a few days to explore the area. We went to Rainbow springs and then had a wonderful morning at Horse Country Carriage Country. The countryside was beautiful and Kimmy kept us entertained as well as enlightened during our tour. The facility was perfectly landscaped and welcoming. My grandchildren love the carriage ride but were enthralled by being able to feed carrots to the gentle horses. Overall, it was a wonderful experience that I would recommend to everyone!

1  Thank Stephanie K
There are newer reviews for Horse Country Carriage Co & Tours

Reviewed 6 June 2013

We planned my daughters 4th birthday party to include a carriage tour and BBQ lunch with Horse & Country Carriage Tours as our guides. We were left speechless and more than satisfied with our experience and would highly recommend using this venue for your next special event. Our guests left the party saying they would send us thank you cards for inviting them to such an impressive facility. It will meet every expectation you have and will leave you searching for an excuse to come back.

2  Thank sarahthyberg
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I was unsure about booking this tour what I would be in for, but Kimmy made my family and I felt comfortable and Entertained. My daughter Charlee who is 2 loved to see the horses and didn't want to get off the beautiful carriage. It beats any coin operated machine that she normal gets. In the tour she talked about the history and some of the good gossip around the area. I had no idea what went on behind the gates. The tour is about an hour long, but the location that farm that we left from is breathtaking. People have high dollar weddings there so you know it has to be first class. I also found out they can do BBQ and large groups. I would love it if my company booked something there.
After the tour we saw, goats, piggies and little ponies. This city girl gives this tour a 5 star. Keep up the good work Kimmy! These horses have been in movies too ask here about it. Can't wait to come back for a family date.

1  Thank stacey r
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We (my wife and I) took our 2 pre-teen granddaughters to Horse Country Carriage Tours and enjoyed one of the most fun Sundays we have had with them in Florida. Kimmie met us at the gate, took us to the stables, and we watched as she hooked the two beautiful horses to the carriage and off we went. You can tell Kemmie loves her job and we throughly enjoyed her narrative and stories of the beautiful farms we visited. She would occassionally stop and the girls would go to the fences where they were able to pet the horses which would follow the carriage as it passed their pasture. The horse farms are beautiful, and Kemmie knows the local horse history (we grandparents learned a lot also) of the area and relishes in telling the stories. Back at the stables (which is the University of Florida equestrian center) we got to tour and meet the stabled horses, we fed them carrots and apples we brought, and the grandkids got the good experience of the horse farm and environs. I think the kids (as well as Grandpa and Grandma) thought this was truly and wonderful experience and I would wholeheartedly recommend Kimme and Horse Country Carriage Tours.

1  Thank WES1430
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This was an incredible experience. Kimmie was so kind and knowledgeable about the beautiful horse farms of Ocala. There are plenty of opportunities to meet and pet some of the horses along the tour. The carriage is beautiful and the friendly Percheron Draft horses are spectacular. I cant say enough about what a wonderful experience this was and I would recommend it to everyone. Bring your camera because there are so many amazing horses and horse farms you will want to remember.

1  Thank ronda c