“Awesome morning at Kimberdon Farm!”

Horse Country Carriage Co & Tours
Ranked #3 of 8 Tours in Ocala
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic horse-drawn carriage rides through horse country! You will pass several large farms where famous horses have been trained or bred and hear the history of the farms and the area. The tour is an hour long, fully narrated, and a fun and educational experience for all ages. You will see a variety of horse breeds along the way, be sure to bring a camera! Bus groups welcome. Tours by reservation only.
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My sister, brother-in-law, granddaughter and I visited this morning. Kimmie took us on an open carriage ride with Tiny Prince Charming. Kimmie was so knowledgable about horses and the surrounding farms and horses, and she made it so interesting and entertaining. We toured the stable and made friends with all the dogs and horses. Everyone we encountered was so friendly and helpful. We will definitely visit again!

Kimie C, Owner at Horse Country Carriage Co & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Cindy... Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm so glad everyone had a great time and I hope to see you again :)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We wanted to do a carriage ride for my great-niece's visit this summer, and I'm SO thankful we found Horse Country Carriage Tours! It was *spectacular*! Kimie is not only an excellent horsewoman, but such a fun tour guide, giving horsey history and local stories too. She had wonderful information about the lovely horse farms we passed, and stories about the famous horses that were bred, raised and trained there. My great-niece had a fabulous time, and I'd say it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, except that we will DEFINITELy do this again on her next visit. Truly, don't miss out on this experience!

1  Thank Heather F

Thank you Heather! It was a truly a pleasure to meet you and your family and I hope you will bring Kinley back for a visit soon :)

Reviewed 17 November 2013

What an amazing day. My wife & I were on one of our special dates and I decided we should go on a horse drawn carriage ride. After scouring the internet, I decided upon "Horse Country Carriage Co.& Tours", and I am glad I did. We had such a wonderful and memorable ride, it was so relaxing. Kimie is so personable, knowledgeable and friendly, that is just added that much more value to the trip. I highly recommend this for any type of occasion the you may be celebrating or just to have a nice relaxing afternoon. Thank you again Kimie for a wonderful time!

2  Thank BCHann
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My mother was celebrating her 90th birthday and I wanted to do something very special. We took the carriage ride and it was the most beautiful ride through some of Ocala's horse farms. I have lived in Ocala over 12 years and never knew there existed so many farms down such a beautiful road. The carriage was so comfortable and we were so impressed by Kimmi's knowledge of the history of these farms. It thrilled me to see my mother so happy and asking so many questions and Kimmi knew all the answers. She even had a Happy Birthday balloon and a piece of cake in the carriage for her. Kimmi is a wonderful guide and it was a very special ride and day, not only for my mom but for me. Thanks

2  Thank Pamela R
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I had promised my niece a horse farm tour,and I found this one one the web. We had a wonderful ride in a comfortable carriage down a beautiful road with farms on each side, stopping along the way to visit with some of the horses. I have lived in Ocala over 30 years, so I know a lot about the area, but Kimie shared with us some of Ocala's horse history that I didn't know. She entertained us the whole time with facts about the horses, history, and some of the farms in the area. When we returned, my niece was equally entertained feeding carrots to the horses in the stalls and petting the dogs that were around and checking out the pot bellied pigs behind the barn. They have a very nice area for a picnic with pretty flowers all around. The farm where the ride starts is Kimberden Farm and it hosts the University of Florida's Equestrian Team. Being a UF grad myself, that was another plus for the trip! They also offer lunch or dinner tours for larger groups and we plan to do that in the future. My niece had a great time and we did too!

1  Thank sciboss