“"A Must-do when visiting Marion County"”

Horse Country Carriage Co & Tours
Ranked #3 of 8 Tours in Ocala
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic horse-drawn carriage rides through horse country! You will pass several large farms where famous horses have been trained or bred and hear the history of the farms and the area. The tour is an hour long, fully narrated, and a fun and educational experience for all ages. You will see a variety of horse breeds along the way, be sure to bring a camera! Bus groups welcome. Tours by reservation only.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I came to Marion County on business looking to see what Ocala had to offer for conference attendees. I wasn't disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that there were horse farm tours in the area; one of them being the Horse Country Carriage Co & Tours. You couldn't ask for a better tour guide than Kimmie. She took us on an open carriage ride through the horse farm countryside. Along the ride, you hear the horse's hooves on the road as you ride through oak trees with their branches above you. I must say it takes you back in time to when life was at a slower pace. Great way to unwind and relax! Kimmie kept us entertained with local stories about the horses and farms along the ride. I visited in July so you must go early in the morning or it gets hot. I think a little brunch at the stables and then a horse farm tour is a great way to get a conference started. I will definitely be coming back especially with my family.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've taken this carriage ride 3 times and loved it every time. They also can provide a great lunch for a group and wow, what a place to have a wedding. Highly recommend you NOT miss this! Kimmie is so informative.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We decided to do this tour on the last day of our vacation and are so glad we did. We got to the farm early and were able to walk around and see all of the horses (and dogs!). The stable manager was very friendly. Kimmie, the tour guide, took us on the carriage tour and couldn't have been nicer. She was a wealth of information and showed us the different farms and horses in the area. She knew everyone along the route and they waved to her as she passed by. She told us about the area and the people and answered all of our questions. It was a very warm morning and she would pull over in the shade so both us, and the horse -Tiny Prince Charming-could take a moment to cool off. The hour passed by so quickly and left us wanting for more. It was fun, relaxing and informative. This is definitely a must do if you are visiting the area.

Kimie C, Owner at Horse Country Carriage Co & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you so much for the great review! It is my pleasure and I'm so glad you enjoyed the trip :)

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My sister, brother-in-law, granddaughter and I visited this morning. Kimmie took us on an open carriage ride with Tiny Prince Charming. Kimmie was so knowledgable about horses and the surrounding farms and horses, and she made it so interesting and entertaining. We toured the stable and made friends with all the dogs and horses. Everyone we encountered was so friendly and helpful. We will definitely visit again!

Cindy... Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm so glad everyone had a great time and I hope to see you again :)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We wanted to do a carriage ride for my great-niece's visit this summer, and I'm SO thankful we found Horse Country Carriage Tours! It was *spectacular*! Kimie is not only an excellent horsewoman, but such a fun tour guide, giving horsey history and local stories too. She had wonderful information about the lovely horse farms we passed, and stories about the famous horses that were bred, raised and trained there. My great-niece had a fabulous time, and I'd say it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, except that we will DEFINITELy do this again on her next visit. Truly, don't miss out on this experience!

1  Thank Heather F

Thank you Heather! It was a truly a pleasure to meet you and your family and I hope you will bring Kinley back for a visit soon :)