“Good food lacks great customer service!”
Review of Betty Cakes

Betty Cakes
Ranked #2 of 11 Bakeries in Ocala
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Whatever happened to service with a smile? I am always so excited to visit Betty's,but after my most recent visit, I have come to the conclusion that the staff needs training on customer service. They rarely smile, they don't say thank you, and they seem totally overwhelmed! The area is small, they are really busy...I get it! Welcome to food service ladies! Put on your happy face and create an enjoyable atmosphere to make loyal customers want to return.

6  Thank Thetraveldiva2

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I went to visit my friend who lives in Ocala for her Birthday and when I asked her where she would like to go to lunch for her Birthday she exclaimed, "Betty cakes!". So when we went there I was surprised to see this cute little Cafe' inside a gift shop. And by the way the gift shop had so many cool things I couldn't wait to finish lunch to go check it out. My friend and I both had the chicken salad with the buttery croissant. And I kept talking about the cake since it looked so good when her sister showed up to buy a Birthday cake there for her! So we went home with a whole cake! I only had one piece but it was pretty good. She said it was a "Spider" cake. The icing was really good, I am not used to one layer cakes and do like cakes with fillings but none the less it was good. If I ever get a chance to go back I think I will try a cupcake!

1  Thank Sheila L
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stopped at Betty Cakes on the way out of town. It is a delightful cafe that specializes in cakes. In addition to the dessert menu, the soup, salad and sandwich offerings were special. It was obvious that many others in the lunch crowd were also enjoying the food. Try the Reuben or the chicken salad. We will go back.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Have eaten lunch several times at Betty Cakes and was always pleased. My husband surprised me with the Almond Joy cake for my birthday--Oh my! Chocolate cake was so moist and the icing was just like an almond joy! Well worth the price! Highly recommend the cakes!!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Best Cakes in Ocala. A little on the pricey side but well worth the consistency and quality that they provide at this establishment. Had an issue with an order one time and they went above and beyond to make it right.