“Hard Beds”

Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here on our way to Ft. Lauderdale for our cruise on Carnival Freedom. It was a typical Hampton Inn, very clean, staff was very nice and the free breakfast is always very welcomed. It is a good place to stay. My only problem was the bed was as hard as a rock. I may have been just that bed, but I got very little sleep that night. My wife actually slept on the couch because the bed was so hard. Would I stay there again, yes definitely. I like Hampton Inn's and think this problem was just a fluke.

Room Tip: The back up the hotel faces the interstate, the noise wasn't bad but you may want to ask for a r...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Fern H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I am sorry you found the bed uncomfortable. I don't have an answer for you because all our beds were ordered at the same time and are Hampton Standard. Since I don't know what room you stayed in I can't check to see if anything is different in that room but I will have the guys pay close attention when they are flipping mattresses to see if any thing is different. Thanks for the heads up!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is conveniently located off I-75, near restaurants. The room decor is modern, was quiet and the beds were comfortable. The wifi was good - didn't lose connction until I left the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to others that will be coming into the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stop Over or staying a week we do our best to make your stay comfortable. Thanks for your time to write us a review.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Choose a room away from the interstate. I also try to stay away from the elevator. New hotel and very helpful staff.Standard breakfast as all Hamptons but we did need recommendations for our evening meal and front desk gave us great tips. Great stop over location on the way to or from the gulf coast of Florida. The 5 stars was mainly because it was not but a year old.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the interstate. I also try to stay away from the elevator. New hotel and ver...
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were only going to spend one night here. We found the hotel and its staff so nice we stayed a second night! The rooms were very clean. Everything had been updated. The lobby was well decorated. The staff were extremely friendly.

This Hampton Inn is more expensive than the one in Belleview, but after staying there a few times we have come to realize that this location is worth the extra $$. You are within walking distance to some good restaurants and very convenient to the interstate. The outdoor pool area is nice, but backs up to the interstate off-ramp. The landscaping offset any problems that might have caused and we were able to spend a great afternoon relaxing in the pool.

If you are on a long road trip or if you are visiting the central Florida area, I recommend giving them a try.

Room Tip: All standard rooms with two queen beds are near the elevator. However, you can't hear the eleva...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Fern H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank You for the wonderful response. We are real glad you got to enjoy the pool area I think is is nice out there also. We do have such a great location being close to shopping and great resturants. Stop again!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

There are two Hampton Inns in the Ocala area.
This is the more North one off of I-75 Exit 350. This
hotel for some reason is more difficult to find on the
internet than the one off of I-75 Exit 341.

This Hampton Inn is quite new and I have stayed
here twice. I called Chris, the Assistant Manager, and he
made sure to have egg substitutes ready for breakfast.

The rooms are very nice, although much smaller
than the suites room that I got at the Homewood Suites
in Port St. Lucie later in my Florida visit.

This hotel has easy access to I-75 and there are
many nice restaurants on SW College Road within a
short drive including Thai, Sushi, as well as many standard
American-fare restaurants.

When business brings me to this area, this Hampton
Inn will always be my first choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Fern H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thanks for the heads up on the eggs it is nice to be able to give the guest what they want. Our suites are only one room unkike the Homewood where you usually get a 2 rooms suite since they are attended for longer term stays. I am so happy that we rate at the top of your list and we hope to see you again soon. Don't forget to let us know!!!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had a 1 night stay while travelling by car with the kids. The hotel is convenient to the interstate, and even though our room was on the interstate side, the road noise was not noticeable. Staff was very friendly and professional at check in. We quickly got our room, and we were happy to see that the rooms are very clean. Beds were comfortable, linens were great, bathrooms were clean. The breakfast area was standard for Hampton, and the morning staff kept it well stocked. It was a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I do have a great staff, and my housekeeping department is above average in every way. The staff is what makes the hotel and we have a group of outstanding people! We are always thrilled to find that our guest had a great stay and hope you will return.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Thank you to the entire staff they really made me feel at home. I always try my best to stay at this hotel when ever I am going through this area. It is always clean and the staff really goes out of there way to help me enjoy my stay. Room was clean and comfortable. Thank you....See you guys soon

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kristy B, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2016

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites – Ocala! We appreciate your feedback, it helps us in assuring that we are achieving our goal of successfully taking care of each and every one of our guests.

I hope you found everything with your stay perfect, and that you consider us your home away from home!

If there was anything that did not exceed your expectations, please let me know so that I may address my team members. We want to ensure that every stay with us is comfortable and relaxing.

Please feel free to contact us via e-mail or by phone at 352-867-0300.

Thank you again for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites – Ocala. We love having you here!