“My comfort.”

Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Valdosta, Georgia
“My comfort.”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I always choose Hampton Inn if they are available because I know I will be comfortable and the service is great. The desk clerks are always asking if there is anything they can do for you. Have used the breakfast facility three times and it was always excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Fern H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
I thank you for your comments, you have noted that you know you will be comfortable and the service will be great.

We work hard every day to ensure a positive guest experience thanks for making us the #1 Hampton Inn & Suites in Florida again for our 2nd quarter of 2014!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
Sarasota, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

From the time of arrival to the time of departure, the service was awesome. The staff was very friendly, the lobby is new and very clean. I arrived after 4pm and the coffee was fresh and hot. They also had iced tea and other beverages available. The room was large and clean. The only disappointment was no jacuzzi by the pool but due to the weather, we weren't able to use the pool anyway. I brought my small dog and there was a convenient dog walk area which was clean and offered "pick up" bags. The breakfast was great since they had some healthy choices such as oatmeal, yogurt and fresh fruit. My kids enjoyed the scrambled eggs and bacon.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Fern H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Sorry you had bad weather, seems like that's all we have had lately! When the pool was under construction I asked about a hot tub and was told there was no room plus they are nothing but problems (keeping clean and sanitary).
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean. Our room was on the same side of the building as the highway, yet we did not hear any noise. We were very pleased with our stay and definitely plan to return to this hotel in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank You for taking the time to let us know.
ann arbor
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Family of four making our way to Orlando and we arrived in Florida earlier than planned. We normally stay over night in Atlanta but kept driving until we reached Ocala. Great location near interstate in a nicely developed area that has lots of decent dining and shopping. We skipped a few hotels that we have reward cards for in favor of the Hampton Inn. We were quite pleased that we did. Check in was a breeze even though we showed up at 12:30. The room was great. The hotel is nicely kept and fashionable. The hotel pool was great and the parking was easy. We we only there overnight and it was as enjoyable as the large expensive resort we moved to the next day. The manager checked us in and was great. We will look for this hotel again on our next Florida vacation.

2 Thank cadchick1
Fern H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We hope that the rest of your vacation ended up as good! Ocala area has alot of family activities including Horseback riding, bicycling, canoeing, diving, tubing and we even have a zip line now! Next time just stay in Ocala!!!We would love to have you as our guest again...
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My wife and I, plus several other family members stayed at this Hampton Inn for numerous nights in late May and June while attending to family matters that, sadly, culminated in the passing of my in-laws---both passing a week apart.

This stressful time was helped enormously by the availability of this Hampton Inn---perfectly located for our purposes, equidistant from the hospital and the assisted living facility that we had to shuttle between.

The staff was there for us above and beyond the call of duty, accommodating us with early check-ins and late check-outs as we required, upgrading us to a suite gratis, plus sending maid service up so we could stay in the room to make sure our cat didn't escape (this Hampton is pet-friendly----a real plus for us).

They even had sympathy cards sent to our rooms on our final visit. I don't know how many other hotels would do that.

The rooms were great--well-appointed and clean and the Hampton breakfasts were uniformly excellent. And the breakfast staff always kept everything well stocked and replenished, even on the days when the hotel was filled with families in town for the Babe Ruth League baseball tournament.

I'm sure we couldn't have found a better place to stay during this time and will always be grateful for the staff's attention to our needs. They are the best.

Room Tip: Get rooms on the parking lot side, as opposed to the other side that faces the Interstate.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Fern H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
We were truley sorry for your loss. My team tries to let the guest know that we are here for them if we can help.
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Top Notch service and attention. We stayed at the Ocala Hampton in June for our All Star teams tournament. Room was great, staff was fantastic. We had stayed at another hotel 2 weeks prior and definitely felt the difference. Breakfast was great, pool was cool. Not easy to satisfy the needs of a large group, but this Hotel stepped it up and meet our expectations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thanks so much for the review. It's nice of all of you to take the time to write a review for us. I've always been told you can't please everyone but we do try! Thanks again.
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I took it upon myself to book rooms for our two baseball teams that were traveling to Ocala for the State Tournament. I have to admit I wanted to be in charge so I would ensure we would stay in a nice hotel that had a lot to offer. There were a few hotels that were cheaper but I was after not just a decent price but also a place we could call home for the 5 days we'd be staying there. I found it on tripadvisor. The #1 hotel in Ocala had to be the one for our teams. I was right. When I called with my inquiry the staff was more than happy to block off a number of rooms for us. When we arrived my kids were thrilled to see lemonade and cookies upon our arrival. I loved the look of the gorgeous hotel lobby -it was so inviting! The staff quickly checked us in and I went down to visit the fitness room. It had state of the art equipment and Free headphones were really nice surprise. The rest of the teams started checking in and we all really loved the atmosphere and how accommodating the staff was. They even helped set up a hospitality suite so we could have movie night for the kids for two different nights. It was such a pleasure to stay at a hotel that was as comfortable as being at home. The refrigerator was a really nice size and the room included a microwave-some moms were crafty and made smores for the kids. We even set up a night to play cornhole outside with the kids. Honestly-i feel they went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. When my younger son told his teammate that if the lost the game they were playing that they would have to leave the hotel-the other boy said- I don't want to go home-I love the hotel.

PROS:
Free coffee 24/7 (that is truly amazing)
Free Lemonade, iced tea & Cookies in the afternoon
Free WiFi (easy access)
Beautiful Lobby (updated and new)
Newly Remodeled Rooms (lots of extra pillows)
Nice Linens
Accommodating Staff (for everything)
Free Hot Breakfast (changes everyday) (omelets,sausage patties, turkey links, oatmeal, waffles,breads, bagels, biscuits, cereals, drinks)
Easy Parking and lots of it

CONS: None! Book it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 1coolmomof2
Fern H, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Our hopes are that your entire team (at least 99%) found us to be that great! Thank you for helping get the word out there with your team.