“Elegant atmosphere and great southern cuisine ”
Review of Ivy House

Ivy House
Ranked #18 of 497 Restaurants in Ocala
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

First and foremost the desserts are all homemade. Our first choice had just sold out and it would take 20 minutes to make a new batch so we "settled" on the best chocolate cake I've had in years. The fried cod was perfectly done. I had fried green tomato BLT on sour dough bread. The cornbread is to die for. Although there are also some nonSouthern items I didn't try any so can't report. Restaurant is an old Victorian house that is very nicely appointed.

1  Thank FloridaTheresa

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We traveled from Tallahassee, FL to Ocala, FL to attend our niece's graduation celebration at the Ivy House. The atmosphere and food was wonderful and certainly worth the trip. We highly recommend eating at the Ivy House, particularly for those "special occasions".

1  Thank Noledad57
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The ivy house is a great reataurant to get a down home good southern meal.
The best is the Krispy Chicken with ohh sooo good Mac n Cheese. Comes with real fresh roll and salad.
Fried shrimp is good. Desserts are awesome.
Very southern menu- great service- and a small boutique to shop in as well! Who could go wrong!

3  Thank Mham516
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I popped in for lunch with my 2 year old and a friend. It took a little bit to get seated, but they were busy. They also took really long to bring a booster seat. Other than that, it was great. The raspberry tea is delish, and the portions are more than fair. I had the lunch special - chicken crusted with pecans, white acre peas, salad, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn bread, yeast roll...soooo good. My daughter had the kids meal that was incredible! $6 for a plate - a big piece of oven baked crispy chicken that was amazingly good and home made mac and cheese. Our friend had the turkey chef salad, which was a little better than above average, but still a very good portion size and fresh. It was really refreshing to see kids plates that were real home made food instead of tyson chicken nuggets and kraft mac and cheese (the type of stuff we would rather not feed our child.) I think we will have to make a return visit :)

Mimi H, Owner at Ivy House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

While shopping in Ocala, my cousin and I decided to have lunch at The Ivy House. What a smart move that was. The appetizer and entrée were delicious, but the dessert was absolutely to die for. It was literally the best dessert I have ever had. Can't remember the name, but it had the word "Tulip" in it.

1  Thank Trish1129
Mimi H, Owner at Ivy House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for your review. You had our famous "pecan tulip"