“Decent food, nice view and almost never crowded”
Review of The Club

The Club
Ranked #294 of 492 Restaurants in Ocala
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I love their Sunburst Salad with grilled chicken, walnuts, blue cheese and strawberries. The view of the golf course is peaceful and beautiful and almost never too busy so can meet with friends and have a nice conversation without it being crowded and loud. Service can be slow sometimes so don't be in a hurry and if you are please let staff know so they can get your order in quickly and get your check to you expeditiously.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Ten friends stopped in after golf for lunch, we found that the wait staff was on-their-toes, drinks cold and delivered fast! Meals came out hot and fast! My burger was done just the way I like it, onion rings were hot and plentiful. Everyone seemed to enjoy their food!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Our "Monday Lunch Bunch," stopped in for a meal. Was surprised when the waitress was "spot-on," greeting us and taking our drink orders. Disappointed that the menu choices are so limited for lunch. One trouble, my Diet Coke," tasted & Smelled like rotten eggs (I tasted everyone else's as they had no ice cubes and they were fine, therefore, I'll go out on a limb and say it was the water in the ice cubes - very unappealing!) Our meals came, I had the Rueben Sandwich with fries, and Cole slaw - very good! One of the others had the same thing and he agreed - very good. You got a big helping of fries. Sweet!
One of the guys ordered the "Philly Cheese Steak," but said they would allow it into Philly. Said the bread kept falling apart and the cheese wasn't quite "right" - never the less, I thought that the meal rated another visit.
Was disappointed when the waitress failed to show up with the tabs, we had to ask another waiter for her to come out.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Wonderful choice of lunch specials, excellent service, reasonable prices. I had an excellent Reuben sandwich, perfectly prepared with good lean corned beef and sauerkraut. Located in the middle of the Candler Hills section in On Top of the World, the restaurant offers good choices on the menu, pleasant and friendly service, and appropriately moderate prices. Nothing fancy, but just right for lunch or other informal meal with friends.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Went to Candler Hills with a group of eight one evening. It's a very attractive setting and the waitstaff was great...friendly and made suggestions on our meals. I was somewhat surprised that they mainly offered sandwiches and a few dinner offerings, but the sandwiches were very good and everyone had a pleasant get together. Will probably go back again, but prefer a menu with more options. Service was very good...I must give them credit for that!