“Different, but good”

Blue Highway Pizzeria
Ranked #9 of 492 Restaurants in Ocala
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Blue Highway is a a casual, family-friendly neighborhood restaurant specializing in traditional Neapolitan style pizza and calazones. Small plates, salads, paninis, sandwiches, pastas and desserts are served. A good selection of local craft beer and wine is also available. We take great pride in our culinary culture; serving the highest quality fresh, local, organic (when possible), and expertly prepared food, served with love.
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I didn't know what to expect, but noticed the place was always packed so met a few friends for lunch. The staff is very friendly and they give you a lot of food! I ordered the flatbread and expected a thin crusted item with terrific toppings, but I got this huge piece of dough with stuffings inside. It was good, but I prefer the Carribean flatbread from Crispers. I'll go back and try another menu item.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Our waitress was very friendly and helpful, she suggested the pizza and my wife and I ordered the Lombardo, which was fantastic, all fresh and hot. Also the soup was extremely flavorful and the calamari was about the best I have had. Will be back and keep Blue Highway as one of our favorites.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Upon entering we noticed that the place was packed. It was lunchtime and a weekday but was greeted and seated immediately. Our waitress took the time to answer all our questions about the different pizzas. We placed our order for drinks and the Verduda Sicilian style and proceeded to watch the kitchen perform...they made it all look so easy..orders going in and out with such speed. We were served our drinks right away and our pizza soon after....it was amazing...being a New Yorker and Italian, I was brought up on pizza...take my word for it, it was AMAZING! The service was great, the atmosphere very comfortable and again the pizza was amazing. This is now our NEW FAVORITE PIZZA PLACE!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We were visiting with my parents in Ocala, and found this restaurant so decided to try it. The restaurant is clean, waitress seated us right away, and took our drink order. Shellie the waitress was keeping up with my Dad's sense of humor and was very fun, energetic, and kept up with our order. The best thing a restaurant can do to keep business coming in is to hire the best people, and that is what Blue Highway has done! Shellie was very informative with what we were ordering, and we ordered two different pizzas, one thin crust and one sicilian, both of them were very tasty. We also ordered an appetizer of BBQ Chicken wings and a salad, those were delish, I will be going back! Thank you Shellie, you are the best!!!

Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Our Waitress was so anoying and would not leave us alone I think her name was Amonian (Spanish looking) so I ordered a salad and I was like can I get that as an apitizer she's like sure so the I see my salad siting on the counter and I was like is that my sald just siting over there and she was like yes so I said why is it siting there she was like its not going to melt theres no heat lamp there (esscuse me what did u just say)the she says you said u wanted it with your meal and I was like no I did not she then attempted to argue with me for 5 min saying I said I wanted it with my meal finally she gave me the salad and she kept saying your food will be out in a flash and she was being overly exited and jumping around when we got our food (finnaly) she came. Back ab 10 times asking how it was it was not good at all and it was very expinsive I will never visit blue highway ever agian p.sblame your waiter for that