“I was impressed”

Golden Palms Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I must have come through Ocala when there was a convention of some type, Room prices were skyrocketing at 95.00 and up. I needed a hotel that would allow my pets, so I just pulled in thinking ok if they are a pet friendly hotel I will just stay and pray the rooms are nice. The girl at the desk was very friendly and showed me one of the rooms. I was impressed with how clean they were, then when she taold me the rate, I was sold. It was almost 1/2 of what the others were charging. The only thing that I wasn't too keen on was the location of the pet friendly rooms, I really had wanted a room that faced the front so I could keep an eye on my vehicle. Othere then that I was very please with my stay and the friendly courtious staff.

Room Tip: If you get the chance upgrade your room, those rooms are wonderful, You just get a good at home feel...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We've stayed here many times- most recently with another couple. Again, the rooms were clean, the beds slept comfortably, and the pool is always blue and beautiful. I did notice a little more wear and tear than usual though since our last visit. A few things could use a fresh coat of paint, there were burn marks in our blanket but everything appeared fresh and clean, just old.

Room Tip: Also we stayed in a deluxe room- if you can, pay the little extra for one of these! They're pool...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I wanted to stay in a really nice hotel and a friend told me that the Golden Palm Inn & Suites had Jacuzzi suites so I went down with my husband and asked to see a room. I was VERY impressed. The entire hotel is very nice(especially compared to the other hotels near by) I had a wonderful night needless to say and the staff was very helpful and accommodating. I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: the jacuzzi suites are beautiful, I'd assume the rest of the hotel is just as nice :-)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I travel with my two children quite frequently and we are always looking for safe hotels that have a pool. This hotel offers a great rate and a safe stay. It was quiet and the room was clean. Thank you Golden Palms staff for a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for best rates.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This was just a place to lay your head. It was dirty the ac did not work all that good . I guess you get what u pay for. The carpet was coming up in the room . It sorrta had a smell to it. The tv sucked come on they could do better then this. The breakfest was a waste of time thats all I can say.

Room Tip: not here it was just bad
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Timothy G
Reviewed 12 April 2013

i've stayed here on several trips. I've never had a negitive experience. The rooms that i've had, have been what i have come to expect (CLEAN).The owners are very accommodating and the staff is very polite and eager to be of assistance I personally prefer the Presidential Suite. Not all rooms are the same.(FANTASTIC) You have choices, Two Room Suites, Jacuzzi Suites, etc. Who else has that??? At unbeatable prices?

(The Truth) Mr. Parker

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank scott p
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed here because there was NO vacancy know where else. The worse mistake of my life! Once you open the door to the room, it will fool you. Once you step in that trash can, you get sick. Bad odor! I had to literally sleep in my clothes, shoes ready to roll. I was on his computer that night and felt something starring at him it was the biggest roach he ever laid his eyes on. It crawled into the dinosaur television. My stepfather pulled the covers back the linen was nasty, the towers were yellow. And the water pressure was disguising felt like it was misty raining! Omg another roach in the bathroom and then comes the nasty continental breakfast. While writing this review it felt like something was crawling on me. Once I called to the front desk , the clerk tried to makeup some excuse that nothing had been reported to her. She tried to out talk me but I told her this place should be CONDEMNED today. if you read any GOOD reviews pertaining to this motel they are written from the EMPLOYEES! The name should be changed to Palms Inn and drop the GOLDEN AND SUITES. And then had the audacity to charge me $139.00 and know damn change back.THE END!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business