“GREAT STAY”

Ranked #27 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“GREAT STAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Very nice place to stay - feel like a home away from home - if you need a place to kick back and relax this is the place.
All conveniences nearby - winn dixie, walgreens and restaurants.
its the perfect place to spend some quiet time so refreshing and relaxing
I think this is the place I will stay on my way home from business in North Florida

Andrew A - Fort Lauderdale, Florida

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

So my boyfriend and I stopped by this hotel on the way to Disney World. We had looked at the pictures and reviews online prior to arrival. It seemed like a decent deal but once we arrived we were shocked at the horrible experience we had! We arrived to check in and the outside of the building and the landscaping was pathetic, but then the entrance to the lobby was very nice and clean. Unfortunately, that was the deceiving. There was a terrible odor in our room that smelled it had been soaked in chlorine. It was HOT in the room, and our A/C unit did not work(even tho we had it on HIGH and at 62 degrees for over two hour). Then when we went to the front desk to get towels so we could shower since we were sweating our butts off, and all they had were HAND TOWELS! The man told us he would get us some clean and bring them up to our room, and another hour passed and he never showed up! We finally decided to leave, so we went to the front desk to let them know how horrible our room was, and we were told we were not going to be charged. Then the next morning(we stayed at the Comfort Suites down the road: Which we would def. recommend!) we checked our bank account, and of course, we were charged for the room!!! $70!! Are you serious!! When we tired to politely resolve the matter, we were treated like dirt. The man working wouldn't give us OR THE SHERIFF the managers name! I hope this helps your decision. We travel a lot, I am not exaggerating when I say this was absolutely the WORST experience we have ever had at a hotel! Not only were the rooms HORRIBLE but the man at the desk needs to learn some respect. Dont let the nice lobby, the pictures online, and the employees dressed in nice suits fool you, like they did us!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank AngryCustomerATL
yasmin t, Front Office Manager at Golden Palms Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
I am sorry that you did not have a good experience the front desk employee did try and give you an upgrade as well and you did refuse and the next day you had called and we did give you the refund as well I am sorry that we could not please you and hopefully we may be able to please you if you gave us another chance .

Thanks Debbie

Travellers are raving about these Ocala hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed at Golden Palms for 2 days at the beginning of August. I travel to Ocala ALOT. My regular, go-to hotel was completely booked so I stayed here. It was a nice place! I stayed on the bottom floor (which i had to pay $10 extra per night for) in building 2, but the room was very clean and it appeared to be remodelled recently. In fact, the unoccupied rooms on the bottom level had the curtains open, and the rooms I saw on the bottom floor were clean and looked as though they were remodelled too. The staff was completely helpful. I had no issues whatsoever. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: it's worth the extra $10 a night to get a room on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Judith M
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

My experience with Golden Palms Inn & Suite was very nice. After reading the reviews I wasn't sure what to expect but after seeing for myself, I realized you can't please everyone. My stay was comfortable and the room was clean. I was most impressed with the helpful staff from the checkin, housekeeping, and checkout. This hotel has a beautiful courtyard where my dog was able to run around and play. She really liked it and I enjoyed watching her while sitting under a huge shaded tree. At checkin they showed me a few rooms because I read in earlier reviews that there are a few to chose from. We loved the Jacuzzi rooms because they aren't like you average hotel rooms they actually had themes and larger Jacuzzis. We went with a room that had a flat screen that faced the courtyard so we could let the dog play. They also had Free Wifi which for my family was very convenient. Over all I would recommend this hotel to my friends traveling through I-75 and especially if they have a dog, because our dog loved the courtyard and my kids loved the pool.

Room Tip: try the rooms with a flat screen, or a jacuzzi. If you have kids and or dogs this is a great locatio...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
bridgeport wv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

I must have come through Ocala when there was a convention of some type, Room prices were skyrocketing at 95.00 and up. I needed a hotel that would allow my pets, so I just pulled in thinking ok if they are a pet friendly hotel I will just stay and pray the rooms are nice. The girl at the desk was very friendly and showed me one of the rooms. I was impressed with how clean they were, then when she taold me the rate, I was sold. It was almost 1/2 of what the others were charging. The only thing that I wasn't too keen on was the location of the pet friendly rooms, I really had wanted a room that faced the front so I could keep an eye on my vehicle. Othere then that I was very please with my stay and the friendly courtious staff.

Room Tip: If you get the chance upgrade your room, those rooms are wonderful, You just get a good at home feel...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We've stayed here many times- most recently with another couple. Again, the rooms were clean, the beds slept comfortably, and the pool is always blue and beautiful. I did notice a little more wear and tear than usual though since our last visit. A few things could use a fresh coat of paint, there were burn marks in our blanket but everything appeared fresh and clean, just old.

Room Tip: Also we stayed in a deluxe room- if you can, pay the little extra for one of these! They're pool...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I wanted to stay in a really nice hotel and a friend told me that the Golden Palm Inn & Suites had Jacuzzi suites so I went down with my husband and asked to see a room. I was VERY impressed. The entire hotel is very nice(especially compared to the other hotels near by) I had a wonderful night needless to say and the staff was very helpful and accommodating. I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: the jacuzzi suites are beautiful, I'd assume the rest of the hotel is just as nice :-)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple