“Great stay at the Golden Palms!”

Golden Palms Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I recently spent a week at the Golden Palms while in Ocala on business. From the time I checked in, until the time I checked out, everyone was so friendly and helpful. The lady that runs the Hotel is just a real sweetheart and you can tell she deeply cares about the guests.

The Hotel is nicely located right off I-75 and Hwy 27 and is convenient to most loacales in Ocala. I was highly satisfied with my stay, have no complaints and will stay there again the next time I am in Ocala. Thanks Golden Palms for making my stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: I got a room inside by the pool and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 March 2014

They did renovate some rooms , but they really need new linen . I stayed for 3 nights & It was dog or cat hair on my sheets day of arrival . That was disgusting , I reported to front desk & gave me fresh clean ones. It's very ragedy !

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank BreBreeze
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was forced to stay in this hotel because all other hotels were booked, but hey they advertised as a Luxury hotel without the high price. What I got was a high end Motel 6 from the 80s. Just horrible. Asked to be refunded after 5 minutes and they said computers would not allow such. Hair on toilet, holes in sheets, dust all over the place, etc. They charged $150 for a $44 room.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank busybody09
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I selected this hotel based on the web site, but it was nothing like what was on its site. When I arrived, I saw the same room pictures behind the registration desk and was told that they were "select rooms", not the general room - no kidding! The hotel staff was pleasant but that's where it ended. The hotel is very run down, hallways were dark and dirty, room was shabby, including the shag rug. There was a chair in the room that was stained, the bed sheets were worn and the bottom sheet was not fitted so it pulledd off as soon as you rolled over. The shower floor was sticky and dingy grey. The pool, which looked beautiful on the web, was lined with dead leaves and dirt. And there was no dead bolt on the door. The only reason that you might consider this hotel is if you had a pet - they do allow pets and have a large outside aera for them. But get your tetnus shot first!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter but you have to go through the dark halls to get there. Also the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lastarkfarm
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed at the golden palms, for 3 months and I must say that the service was great, they always went out of their way to accommodate my needs. From the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out, the service was great. From the front desk staff to the house keepers I got nothing but great service. If you are a business person looking for a safe reliable place to stay during your stay in Ocala, I highly recommend The Golden Palms & suites.

Dan Rodriguez
Lvc Networks

Room Tip: they are all great rooms
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed here in an executive suite for almost a week, everything I requested was granted, which I really appreciated. I arrived late and was already checked-in by Brian, an awesome, friendly guy at the front desk. The room was clean with a Flatscreen TV, Fireplace, Full Refrigerator w/ Freezer & a Microwave in the room. I even requested a later check-out and had no problems. These folks made my stay a pleasure and I will stay here again when I am in town. The owners were always present and even the maintenance man & technician were prompt and professional around the premises. You can see they're doing many renovations and I was told they have a restaurant under construction here. I honestly can say Golden Palms is on their way to becoming one of the prominent hotels to stay in, when in the Ocala, Fl. Its also conveniently located right off of the exit from I-75, literally. Thanks. Try them out. - GB

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room, Kentucky Derby room, Fireplace room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank G B
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Brian at the front desk was an absolute joy--so friendly and helpful! He made this a wonderful experience! Hotel was very clean and extremely convenient in location. The only negative things were that ice machines were broken, and it would be nice if breakfast was offered, aside from just on the weekends. Also, would prefer a little later checkout--most places I stay are 11am, and this was 10am. Overall, highly recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family