“Nachos and chips fresh, hot, and delicious”
Review of El Toreo

El Toreo
Ranked #65 of 481 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Lakeland, Florida
“Nachos and chips fresh, hot, and delicious”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Had a craving for some good Mexican food, was driving past this restaurant, saw lots of cars in the parking lot, so I pulled in -- glad I did. The Nachos Supreme were delicious, fixed just the way I asked for them, and had more than enough to take some home for dinner. Have a hunger for Mexican food, I recommend you try El Toreo - very good food and a nice clean restaurant.

Visited August 2014

Dunnellon, Florida
“Really liked the food”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I really liked the beef enchiladas, in fact, I ordered them twice in one week. The refried beans are much lighter in color than I'm used to seeing, but they were good. The salsa was very good. The only sort of complaint is that I was dining alone (that's not the complaint!) and they sat me at a hightop table near the bar that had water dripping on it from the air conditioning or something, which they were aware of. Since I was dining alone, I guess they figured I didn't need the side of the table the water was dripping on, and as it was a weekend evening, they probably wanted to maximize the table usage. I could have asked to be moved, but really, I was so hungry and the food so good that I stayed. The bar does take up a lot of real estate in the place, so it may be a lively bar scene. I was there just to eat, and will go again.

• Visited June 2014
“No refund, No exchange...”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

If you order something that you don't to much care for or if you accidentally order the wrong thing they DO NOT do a courtesy exchange you will still have to pay for it because they say "they can not serve it to no one else"...and I have been to many other popular and unpopular establishments that will do a courtesy exchange if you do not like that certain dish or if u ordered something by mistake....but all and all there drinks are good....but the one 200 is much much better.

• Visited April 2014
Inverness, Florida
“Excellent Food, Service & Value”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This has become our favorite restaurant for Mexican food. Monday night is Fajota night, and not only is the food excellent and served sizzling at your table, but the portions are huge. Great service and very fair prices!

• Visited May 2014
“Good food”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The food is good but this is another local restaurant that needs a good cleaning and facelift. The other location on 200 is much cleaner. The restrooms at this location needs HELP.

Visited March 2014