“OK in a pinch”

El Toreo 2
Ranked #42 of 498 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We eat here any time we go to Ocala shopping. This is an OK restaurant for Mexican food. Our waitress, Tanya, was very nice and checked with us often to make sure we had everything we wanted. There are several other Mexican restaurants, one a few blocks away on the same street. This one is better. We have eaten Mexican food around-the-world, including Mexico, California and Texas, to name a few. This is average or slightly above average--and really the best place in this vicinity. My wife and I always get the senior special of one enchilada, beans and rice for $4.95, can't beat the price. The chips and salsa are endless and free. My wife loves the salsa, which is usually spicy. It does not have enough tomatoes in it for me and is too watery, but to each his own. In some places I can not even eat the salsa and in this place I put it on everything! We go here about once a month and will continue to go here.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

first of all I am a native Texan, so I know what Mexican food should taste like, as thats all we have to eat in San Antonio. The food here was absolutely horrible. the beef tacos was absolutely nasty. I think Taco Bell makes better tacos in this place, & I am surprised that they are still in business. In all of my years of traveling, I have had better Mexican food in South Dakota and Idaho. I do not believe that there are any Mexicans working in the kitchen because there is no quality control. All of our orders came out looking like someone had put it on a plate. I have them return my soggy chili rellano as it was not fit to eat with all the grease sitting on the top of it. And here is the real kicker, if you eat all of your chips, they charge you for more. OMG! Mexican food places don't ever do that. Oh how I miss real Mexican food. I have been to La Hacienda, it is OK and pepes is pretty damn close to the real thing. Looks like I need to visit home.

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant 11 times (once a year for the past 11 years). We have never been disappointed, and this year was no exception. We had a variety of foods. The margarita presidente is delicious, all Of the entrees were tasty, but it is the chiles rellenos that keep us coming back. They are unique and different than most rellenos. They are stuffed with ground beef and smothered with a creamy Mexican cheese. Delicious!!! We will continue to dine at this restaurant each time we are in the area and highly recommend it. Our whole family loves it, from the young ones to the grandparents.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Service was good, food was just ok. We had to ask for chips and salsa and the food was not great but not bad either.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

comfortable place, good service, good food, fair prices and convenient to many hotels. we enjoyed our 2 meals there