“Craw fish one of my fav's”

Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille
Ranked #5 of 481 Restaurants in Ocala
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Thank you for visiting Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille! A distinctively different menu, the food of Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille captures the essence of a city not only known worldwide as the birthplace of Jazz but also the birthplace of a unique style of cooking. We've taken the best of Cajun, Creole and Southern flavors infused with a current day twist to create some of our most popular dishes like Shrimp and Scallop Orleans, Grilled Chicken Baton Rouge, Crab Crusted Blackened Red Fish, Bourbon Street Salmon and French Quarter Beef Tenderloin to name a few.
Florida
“Craw fish one of my fav's”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've had many things at Harry's. Loved most of them. Two of my favs are the craw fish and the grits. Plus a great scallop and shrimp dish. Also love the Eggplant Napoleon.
Definitely high on my list of great eats!

“Mixed”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Food: very good, a little salty, slightly mainstream for what they're going for. The Napoleon is killer good though; baked scallops delicous. All is very salty!
Drinks: good on paper, not strong AT all
Service: totally horrible last time I went, time before that I had a young man from NJ and he was awesome but both times the bar has taken like 15 minutes make a drink!!

• Visited June 2014
“Great food with a relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to sit outside and the weather was perfect. The atmosphere was relaxing. My husband ordered a Po Boy sandwich with fries oysters and a side of red beans and rice. He said the red beans and rice was delicious, hearty with an earthy flavor. I usually enjoy the crawfish étouffée dish, so I decided to order fried catfish over rice, topped with étouffée sauce. I was not disappointed. The dish was perfectly balanced with flavor. The catfish was very fresh and tasty. My only complaint was that the greens tasted overly salted, but the meal overall was absolutely enjoyable.

Ocala, Florida
“Picture Window to Ocala Center”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

From a Southeast corner, Harry's commands a mighty view of the newly rebuilt Town Square. For those wanting an outdoor experience chairs and umbrella draped tables offer street side seating. Inside, the high ceiling and period lights remind me of my old grade school classroom. The entrance is the bar side and hosts live music (you'll have to check when playing starts). The dining side is enhanced with one huge picture window showing the Town Square. Seating at the window is provided with four roomy booths.

We haven't tried the entire menu because we are ever pressed to repeat our favorite dishes. Start with a loaf of hot bread served with an interesting butter/cream cheese/scallion spread, then order the She Crab Soup. Harry's has a tempting hot sauce, but do be frugal -- it has a kick. Adding a little to the She Crab Soup will 'tang' it up a bit -- if needed! An entree of Pork Tenderloin Medallions topped with portabello mushrooms & cracked black pepper sauce is best accompanied with Fried Grit Cake with tasso ham cream sauce ($1.00 upgrade). -- OR -- Trout Arugula seared and topped with a light lemon beurre blanc, finished with a fresh arugula dill salad and nola rice and add a side dish of Sweet Creamy Southern Corn Grits with a hint of fresh sage. Not wanting to mask the flavors, we always order ice water. This is our taste treat!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Richard S
Georgia
“Good cajun cooking right on the square”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

You can't beat the location. Right on the square in Ocala with outdoor tables overlooking the greenspace. The food lived up to the location. We had a lunch of fried catfish with a crawfish etoufee sauce. The catfish was perfectly fried. The etoufee didn't have much seafood in it, but it had a good taste.

Service was good. We would definitely come back.

• Visited May 2014