Traveling from Wilmington, NC, to Cape Coral, FL, always requires an overnight stop when you get our age. The problem is often where to stop and get a nice hotel at a reasonable price.
This time we decided to break our trip at the Sleep Inn & Suites, Ocala, FL. That would leave us about 3 1/2 hours to Cape Coral.
We were pleased to see that our choice of this property was a good one. (We have generally had good luck staying at various Choice Hotel properties!)
From the check-in process, made very smooth and pleasant by the on-duty desk clerk. She was even able to provide information on nearby restaurants and gave us coupons for free appetizers.
The rooms were very modern, clean, comfortable and quiet. I emphasize quiet, because the hotel is located right on I-75 and highway noise did not interupt a good night's sleep in a very comfortable bed.
Breakfast, advertised a an enhanced continental breakfast, was quite good. There were multiple waffle grills toasters, boiled eggs, very good sausage gravy and biscuits. There were plenty of choices of cereal, and fruit, sweet rolls, coffee, juice and milk. Stephanie, the person taking care of the breakfast room, was a pleasant and efficient addition. Her precence made even an early breakfast a good experience.
Price for rooms is slightly less than what one would expect for such a convenient location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sleep Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview is conveniently located off of I-75 (exit # 341) and Highway 484. This Green Certified and Gold Award winning hotel is situated adjacent to the Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing. Local area attractions include Ocala Equestrian Center, Florida Greenways, Florida Horse Park, Florida Horse and Carriage Museum, Rainbow Springs, KP hole, and Belleview Santos Bike Trail. This hotel is also in close proximity to Belleview, Marion Oaks, Summer Glen and Dunnellon. This smoke-free hotel offers a free daily deluxe continental breakfast. The Sleep Inn also offers free wired and wireless internet throughout the hotel, fitness center (treadmill, elliptical and bike), free weekday Wall Street Journal newspaper, outdoor heated pool, business center, and guest laundry. All Guest rooms feature Showtime/ESPN/CNN, irons, ironing boards, hairdryers, coffeemakers, refrigerators, and microwaves. Designated pet friendly rooms are also available upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sleep Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn And Suites Ocala - Belleview
- Sleep Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview Hotel Ocala
- Sleep Inn Ocala
- Sleep Inn Hotel Ocala
- Ocala Sleep Inn
- Sleep Inn & Suites Ocala - Belleview Florida