“Great room, great food”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pensacola, FL
“Great room, great food”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We always stop here on our way to Orlando. The suites are large and clean. On the top floor there is the best restaurant in town Sky. Had the Kobe beef burger.......brilliant.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
jaswartz, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
I appreciate your positive feedback and thank you for your continuing to choose our hotel when you travel to Orlando. I will also pass on your kind words to the management of Sky Restaurant. They work extremely hard to provide all their dining patrons with great food and great service, which has been recognized by the community as they have won the Golden Spoon Award 2 years running!

We look forward to your return to our hotel!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 28 January 2012

This is the first review I have ever written but feel inclined. I stay in hotels often and have been loyal to Hilton hotels for years but in a recent trip I stayed at a hiexpress that was great....so I thought I may have the same experience here. At Priceline name your own price I got this location for $70. What a mistake! If I had not arrived so late last night, I would have gone somewhere else. To sum it up, staff is not friendly, rooms are not clean, door hanger for ordering breakfast as well as info book in room state 6:00am and 6:30am for room service so I go with 6:30 and hang on door then go to sleep. 1st call at 5am says we do not open for breakfast till 7am so I say ok just deliver at 7am, she says well the chef will start your order then so it will be up at about 7:15. Ok fine. Then at 5:30 I get another call from front desk. The restaurant opens at 7am. Why do the books state 6:00am and 6:30??? On top of that, I was awake all night. Not happy and certainly not worth any amount of $$. How can Priceline list this as a 3 star location?.. Advice to all. There are tons of hotels off this exit, choose another even if it is a few bucks more- it will be very worth it!

Room Tip: Tip- choose another hotel!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Melanie C
Thank you so much for your review of the Holiday Inn & Suites – Ocala Conference Center. I apologize that your experience was not what you had expected. We take pride in our wonderful housekeeping department and restaurants and I can assure you that the problems you had experienced have been brought to their attention and dealt with accordingly.

We strive to make sure that every guest leaves our hotel happy, as well as providing all our guests with wonderful amenities such as Tempur-Pedic mattresses in every room, which Priceline has noticed and awarded us with their 3 star rating.

I hope when you’re in our area again, you will give us another opportunity to show you the great customer service, the wonderfully appointed and clean rooms, and the award winning restaurant that our hotel has to offer.
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 15 January 2012

The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. It is very easy to get to from the Interstate. There was nothing special about this, it is similar to other Holiday Inns I have stayed in (meaning nice but slightly on the expensive side).

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
jaswartz, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback on our hotel. I apologize that you felt that there was nothing special to our hotel, but am glad that you had a good stay with us.

One thing that we provide that distinguishes our hotel from all hotels in Ocala and other Holiday Inn’s is a Tempur-Pedic Deluxe Mattress in every room, providing all guests with a top of the line mattress so they may get the best nights rest possible.

I hope next time your in our area you will afford us the opportunity to show you the type of special customer service we can and have been known to provide.
Bastrop, Texas
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We found the hotel to be very Clean and well managed. Amenitities were well covered. The staff was very professional, polite and helpful. The decor of the building was warm and inviting and the rooms clean and comfortable. There is a good. But somewhat pricey restaurant located in the hotel on the 6th floor. All in all we gphad a very pleasent three night stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
jaswartz, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, 21 January 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our hotel and for your kind words about our professional and polite staff. Our managers and staff work very hard in providing you and all our guests with the very best service, food, facilities and accommodations possible. I will make sure to pass along your kind words to them.

Thank you again for taking the time to write your review. Next time your in Ocala we would love to see you again!
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I didn't make reservation to stay there. In fact, I was tired, and the staff was very friendly to make me and my family feel confortable there. The internet connections is good, the room is very clean and well maintened, and close to restaurants and fast foods.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with our hotel. I know there are a few options when you first come into the area and I’m glad you chose our wonderful hotel and allowed us to make you and your family comfortable.

I’m also glad you noticed our free wireless internet connections. We have recently upgraded that system to allow for better connections and quicker speeds.

Next time you’re in our area, please afford us the opportunity to again be your hotel of choice.
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel on our way down to S Fl. Hotel was easily accessible from interstate. They got us right in at 11pm. Room was average. Tempurpedic bed was very comfortable. Disappointed no breakfast was included for $120/ night.

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you so much for your response. I am sorry you felt our hotel was just average. Our staff works very hard to make sure each and every guest comes away with a good experience at our hotel. Thank you for also noticing how comfortable the Tempur-Pedic mattress was in your room. We provide these mattresses in every single hotel room to give each customer a great nights rest!

As a full service hotel, we do differ a bit from limited service hotels who provide the free continental breakfasts. This is because we do have our own restaurant on site that provides fresh, made to order breakfast each morning. We also provide lunch and dinner services from one of our 2 restaurants in the hotel.

I hope next time your in our area you choose to stay with us again!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Clean and comfortable with Tempur-pedic beds. Recently renovated and for a Holiday Inn, it was surprisingly nice.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo