“Beyond expectations! ”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Beyond expectations! ”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Great little gem here . Rooms all open into open air atrium style lobby with glass elevators. Asian fusion influence in the decor tastefully done. Room with 2 queens had wonderful foam mattresses. Surprisingly excellent! Too had we only needed it for one night.

Stayed April 2014
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your most recent experience with Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocala Conference Center. We are thrilled to hear that you had such a good time and that you were so impressed with our layout and decor. It is our ultimate goal to give you a 5 star experience at a reasonable rate and it is rewarding to hear that our efforts have created the desired effect. We are looking forward to impressing you even more during your next stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel has Temper-Pedic beds! I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel that had that as standard. Let's just say it was amazing. The hotel is extremely clean and well kept. The room had a large stand up shower. The atrium is impressive. The restaurant Sky was closed, but we will come back to give it a try.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed by our beds and our standards of comfort. As it is our top priority to impress each guest, your feedback is rewarding and encouraging. We look forward to your next visit and hope you will have the opportunity to enjoy the food in our wonderful restaurant!
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I booked here solely because I did not want to busyness of Tampa. Its location is ideal right off of I-75 with an abundance of dining options nearby. The rooms are clean and well kept. A very comfortable stay. I will definitely return. The interior has a very inpressive asian theme.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I am so glad that you had such a good time with us and that you enjoyed our convenient location, unique decor and modern cultural style. Your comfort is our number one priority and we are pleased to know that you were so comfortable in your room and that you were satisfied with our housekeeping services. We are looking forward to your next visit!
Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Didn't have a reservation, but no problem finding a room. Front desk staff was friendly and welcoming. The jewel of this restaurant is the Asian Sky restaurant. Excellent food and reasonable prices. Word of advice- most of the entrees could be shared by 2 people. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our restaurant and our valued staff who do their best to go above and beyond your expectations of service and hospitality. Your comments are very rewarding for all of our efforts in making sure you have the best experience we can give.
Holden, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We always stay at Holiday Inns and so when we saw there was one here we pulled in, weather was awful, pouring rain!! Girls at the reception were so friendy and helpul! The lobby was not like any Holiday Inn we've ever stay at and the beds were so comfortable, name brand of some kind. We had a great breakfast the nxt morning too!!! Definitely woukd stay here again!!!! Staff and everything was great!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Beds are great!!! Breakfast good deal.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you so much for the fantastic review and rating that you gave our hotel. We are so happy to hear that we were able to provide you an enjoyable experience and one that you will remember. Our staff will be glad that you appreciate their efforts to give you excellent service. It gives us great delight to read that you were comfortable in the room and that you liked the breakfast. We do strive to provide the best comfort to our guests. We are excited to welcome you back on your next trip.
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I reserved a room at this hotel online for an overnight biking trip at Silver Springs for my husband our son and myself we live 3 hours south of here. My husband worked late so we got a late start we got on the road we called on the way there told them were on our way they said ok. Got there 2 hours later at 11 pm on Saturday night (the International Horse Show is going on at this time there are not vacancies for miles).We walk in and the gentleman was so rude he gave our room away because he thought we weren't coming he never even called us or e mailed us first he just assumed it was 11pm we weren't coming told. He then went on to tell us they had no rooms and we needed to leave he lied said there was no contact info. We had to turn around go home got home 3 am. Called manager next morning she said that there was no contact info e mail or phone # and we FORFEITED OUR ROOM FOR THAT! I was furious they had sent me confirmation e mail! I knew I put cell number on form!! These people gave our room away wrongly, then called me a liar! I said choice words called corporate Holiday Inn they seen original form I filled out and my hubs cell number was on there ( which I already knew), the man just cancelled our room didn't call nothing. So we are waiting to hear back but no matter what we will never stay here EVER! I am a regular on Trip Advisor and normally write glowing reviews but I just can't on this place! It is a new Hotel looked very nice from what I seen In lobby but way were treated ruined whole place. To give away our room one thing but then to lie and try to cover it up and treat my husband and I disrespectfully in front of our son then just throw us out without acknowledging his mistake or apologizing then reaction from manager I think is a TOTALLY different thing and takes a bad thing and makes it terrible!! If your thinking of staying here I would think twice. A business is only as good as it's staff! I had to give at least one mark to submit this that's the ONLY reason it got 1!

Stayed March 2014
4 Thank ANW81
It brings us deep regret to hear that you experienced such poor service at our hotel. We apologize that we have failed to honor your reservation and that the treatment you got from our staff and manager was not how we should treat a valued guest. Please know that the concerns you raised will not go unnoticed and we will definitely make a thorough investigation to ensure that it will be corrected and it does not happen again.
Please accept our sincere apology for all the inconvenience this experience has caused you. We hope you will reconsider and give us another chance to show you that we can change for the better and give you a joyful and memorable experience.
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed overnight on a recent business trip to Ocala. Overall I'm impressed with the facility, the cleanliness, and especially the friendliness and helpfulness of the front desk staff. They went the extra mile to correct a problem with our reservation.

I take one star off only because my reservation was incorrect. Upon arrival, we expected a room with 2 queen beds. I had the original reservation with me that stated so. The room saved was for one king bed instead, which obviously didn't work for 2 business travelers. I gave up the room to my travel mate, and was given another room at a special rate instead. When I got up to my new room, it was already occupied… I'm glad the actual occupant wasn't in there at the time. The front staff gave me the last available room (handicapped access) which was fine, and better than sleeping in the car.

The room was clean, and the bed comfortable. Only complaint was how loud the A/C unit was. It kept the room nice and cool, tho. The room could use some updating, but that certainly didn't keep me awake overnight. The hotel was booked full for a basketball tournament, and I couldn't tell there was another person in the building, it was so quiet.

We had breakfast in the downstairs restaurant. Service was pretty slow, due to only one waitress working. I saw a few people get up and leave before they were waited on while we ate.

Overall a good stay, I would stay over again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank f220
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us a detailed feedback and rating regarding your recent stay. We are glad that you appreciated the cleanliness and comfort of the room as well as the friendliness and efforts of our staff members, they will certainly be excited to hear about it. We are sorry that you had an unfortunate incident with regards to your reservation. We will review our process to ensure this type of error does not happen again. Thank you for telling your suggestions since it help us a lot to make improvements on our service.

We are excited to welcome you back with us soon.