“I totally recommend.”

Residence Inn Ocala
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
“I totally recommend.”
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 wks. It is very nice and has everything you need. I took my toy poodle with me and had no problems. The hotel is clean and the location is very good. They dinner social events are a plus. I enjoyed this stay and would totally stay here again if I am ever in Ocala. This hotel really exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Stayed here for a quick overnight trip and wish I had more time to enjoy it. Great looking property inside and out. Desk clerk couldn't have been nicer, and breakfast was good enough. Would no doubt stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Quiet area if you have room away from the Highway. Nice touch "Manager's Hour " 6:00pm-7:30pm (M-TH ONLY) wine & beer + food. The food is nice but very boring after the first week, since it recycles over and over. (The same salad every night: mixed lettice w shraded carrots/ potato salad exccept one night there is NO salad at all). I would like to have some vegetables, I'm going through fiber withdraw! What they do have is very tasty.

The fitness center is adequate and usually very quite.( But be warned that is NOT 24hr as listed on the web site is 7:00am-10:00pm ONLY). If you want to work out before 7:00am or after 10:00pm, you will have to go to another location (ANYTIME FITNESS), which is a major inconvience for me. I like to be able to work out in the same hotel as I'm staying!

Staff are nice, and the place is clean and safe. I'm in town for a month long assignment at a local hospital, and I've stayed in two other hotel before I've settled in this one, I am pretty picky when it comes to hotels, and the reason I did not give the highest mark is due to the fitness center situation, and I usually stay at 4 and 5 stars hotels and I'm just spoiled.

Bottom Line: It is the BEST place for extended stay in Ocala. (ask for discount rate in person for long term stay, they will try to give you a break)

Room Tip: Away from the Highway, higher floor
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 November 2012

My crew and I stayed at this hotel for one night in October and it was very nice. I liked the upgraded and spacious rooms. They are like studio apartments with a kitchen. The TV's need upgrading as they are still big, bulky and not HD. Other then that this place was a great stay and the staff was very friendly. They have free breakfast (it's ok) and free food and beer/wine each night which is cool. I'd stay here again for business.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Florida Keys, Florida, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Stayed at this hotel for three nights. The rooms are clean, nicely decorated and fairly large, having a suite is a bonus. The beds are comfy and the staff was really nice. We had to end up adding one night and it was no issue for Jose to add us the extra night. We didn't eat the breakfast although it looked great, there is a cracker barrel next door and who can resist cracker barrel for breakfast?
The pool looked clean as well as the rest of the property. Housekeeping had no issue leaving extra shampoo and conditioner at my request so my fro even looked good. This hotel is located about 12 minutes from Florida State Fire College, not a bad distance so we were able to make all family activities fairly quickly during our weekend stay. We will be staying here again in December and have already booked and after hearing us talk about this hotel our family will be staying here as well. Great place and a great value, pleasant staff and comfy beds...you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I was so surprised by this Residence Inn. Rooms were decorated beautifully. I arrive at 10 PM on a Sunday night (after traveling for 10 hrs) and was very tired and cranky. Kevin (at the front desk) was great. Upbeat, made me feel like the hotel was so happy I arrived!
My room was so relaxing; I wished I arrived earlier to relax in it before my business trip the following day. I've been a Hilton Diamond member for years, but found the Ocala Hilton to be a bit dated, and worn. Breakfast at the Residence Inn was good with a lot of choices. There was a gas fireplace in my room, but the pilot light was not lit. As it's still warm here, I get that, so I didn’t complain. The bedding and pillows were fantastic!
I rarely write reviews unless I am unhappy, but I was very impressed with the hotel so I wanted sing their praises and thank Kevin (PM front desk) and Jose (AM front desk) for making me feel welcome! Will stay here for biz every time in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank OcalaRoadwarrior
Arab, Alabama
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed here overnight on our way to South Florida. Three hours before I arrived I called and asked for a rollaway bed, and when we arrived it was in the room. The room was spacious, and the beds were comfortable. The location was convenient as it was just off of the Interstate and had a Burger King and other fast food available nearby. The only thing that was not the best was the breakfast, but it was adequate enough to get you to the Cracker Barrel (which was two blocks away.
I would definately recommend this hotel and I will stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family