“Nice Hotel and great staff!”

Residence Inn Ocala
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed 8 January 2014

What a nice place to stay. We had booked a room at the Hilton Homewood Suites for 9 nights that is located close by which we had stayed at 5 years ago and it was superb. Well it's not so superb by a long shot any longer so we went looking. We are so glad we did. The staff is fantastic and the room was awesome. Definitely would stay here again and will seek out the Residence Inns in the future. Breakfast was very good every morning. To be fair I must point out only one thing that needs to be improved upon. Table need to be cleared and cleaned a little quicker in the mornings. Had to do it ourselves several times but that is the only thing I can say bad. Nice pool and jacuzzi too. Thanks for a nice and comfortable stay.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We were traveling from Miami to Panama City and needed a place to stop for the evening. We had my daughter, son and two babies. We were a little cramped, but the unit was very nice. The kitchen was large and perfect for what we needed. However, we had indicated that there would be 4 adults staying in the unit, but there were only sheets and pillows for the bed in the master suite. We had to call down for more sheets and pillows, but they only had two pillows left, and the sheet that they sent was super thin, and there was no blanket. Also, the fireplace didn't work, which was a disappointment to my granddaughter. We stay in Marriott properties frequently and I didn't feel that this was indicative of the Marriott standard for quality.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Needed a place to rest for the night. The staff was very friendly. The hotel was very clean. The room was larger than most with nice furnishings and kitchen area. Comfy bed. Good breakfast. Will stay here again. Rate was 119.00 used rewards.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The hotel room was excellent, great size and very clean. The room had a small kitchenette with a coffeepot, refrigerator, plateware, etc. Bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The room was also big even with the sofa bed pulled out.

The breakfast was not good. Most everything was stale and the waffle mix had curdled. There are many other choices in the area and truthfully nearly anything else would be better.

Overall I would stay again, just eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We've stayed here several times, and will continue to stay here when we visit the area. The hotel is lovely, the experience from making reservations, to checking in, to breakfast, to needing just about anything, the staff is welcoming, knowledgeable, and ready to help out, with a smile. The rooms are large, clean, and supply lovely extras to make our stays very comfortable. We'll definitely continue to use The Residence Inn in Ocala as our "home away from home" and highly recommend it!!

Room Tip: we like the rooms on the 3rd floor, poolside
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Stayed for several nights while in town to visit relatives. I had a room on the second floor that actually seemed bigger than similar suites at other Residence Inns. I was just steps from the stairs with the door leading the a lovely large pet area - BEWARE, though. It appears that many guests are not very vigilant about picking up after their dog.
There is a Cracker Barrel within walking distance, and lots of sidewalks to take a nice walk with your dog.
Comfy bed with a plug in the bedside lamp for my phone. Fairly fast wireless.
Best surprise was that when I checked in, because I was only staying three night the pet fee was only $45!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We wanted to stay in Ocala on our way to Sebring, Florida. We didn't get away from the Atlanta area 'till after two o'clock, so we were getting to Ocala late for us. My wife checked reviews on her cell phone and suggested Residence Inn. It was dark by the time we got to the exit and we found it a little hard to figure out where to turn into the property and where to enter the building.

Once in the building we were very impressed. This is a beautiful building and our room was a beautiful room with a small kitchen including a two door refrigerator -- not full size but plenty big for a hotel. The television is quite large and is on a swivel so that it can be turned to the living room area or to the bed area.

The bathroom is right next to the bed area with a split design that has the sinks outside the bath/toilet area. That makes it difficult if one person wants to get ready for the day while the other wants to continue to sleep. It looked like it would be easy to add a second door that would allow the entire bath area to be closed off ending this complication. I would recommend that be done even though it would reduce the open feeling.

We left Georgia after church and a meal with friends. Before leaving, we changed clothes, so we had only worn the clothes half a day. In the morning I thought I would just put my white sox back on because I had kept my shoes on all but an hour or so in the hotel room and I doubted they were at all dirty. When I checked, they were filthy. The room/suite seemed very clean, but I doubt the carpet had been cleaned in a long time. It was a darker carpet, so it didn't look dirty, but it couldn't pass the white sox test.

I get up much earlier than my wife and I like to work on my laptop while she sleeps. The only way to do that without disturbing her was to keep the lights off. I've done that before, so it was not a big deal for me, but it is a consideration.

Up very early that day (4:00 a.m.) I was the first to the breakfast buffet which is open from 6:30 to 9:30. It was the best breakfast buffet we have ever experienced. There were potatoes and a potato-onion-pepper-sausage mixture that I combined and had to fight myself to keep from going back for more. There were scrambled eggs that were just right to me and some kind of ham. I had the eggs, but skipped the ham. As with many places, you could make your own waffle. There were plenty of other choices, but these were the highlights to me.

All in all, the hotel is very convenient to I-75 but far enough off that noise was not an issue and it has much more to like than to frustrated about. We recommend it the way it is now and suggest that a little more bathroom privacy and more attention to carpet cleaning would make it even better.