“So close to a perfect rating!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Ocala

Residence Inn Ocala
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Fairhope, Alabama
“So close to a perfect rating!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

We always rely on Tripadvisor reviews before choosing a hotel. This was no different and we were pleased with The Residence Inn-Ocala. We were on the 3rd floor in a 2 BR suite. It was way too hot in our room when we arrived. Afternoon sun was right on our room but once it finally cooled off, the A/C ROCKED! The only reason I did not rate it perfect is the living room furniture was terribly uncomfortable. We quickly just went to bed to watch our football game, as the sofa was terrible. Thankfully, we had the second bedroom for our children because I can only imagine how uncomfortable the foldout would have been on that sofa. The only other complaint I have, I shared with the front desk staff to pass along to the manager. The waffle maker at breakfast worked fine, BUT the batter was too thinned out and the batter cups are too small resulting in thin, incomplete waffles. Only about a 3/4 waffle. Easy to remedy, though. The pool was nice and clean, water nice and warm. The music out by the pool was a good touch. The breakfast was good and the server was available and quick to get me a cup of ice. Oh yea, one more complaint. The interior doors in our room would not stay open. We had to find heavy items to use to prop open the doors within our suite. They would drift closed as soon as you would try to open them again. Comfy bed and pillows! And decent towels.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

We had been driving for 12 hours and just wanted a place to sleep - we tried Gainesville but there were no rooms available anywhere near I75 so we decided to suck it up for another 30 miles and go to Ocala. I am so glad we did! This Residence Inn is beautiful - a real gem. The staff was incredibly nice, the room immaculate and perfectly designed for our needs. We would have stayed another night if we could. We make regular trips to Florida and this hotel is definitely on our must stay list.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

We had the smallest suite and it was very roomy and had everything anyone would want for a short or long stay. Fully equipped kitchen, Large living area, Great bed, nice bath.
Pleasant people
Good location!

Room Tip: We chose the least expensive and it was wonderful.
Green Features: They had all their duck in a row. With using the least amount of water, to reusing towels, and recycling.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Newmarket, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

Have yet to have had a problem with any stay at a Residence Inn and the Ocala Florida location is no different. Customer service has always impressed me at their brand and this staff was up to the challenge. I was on route to St. Petersburg from Ontario, Canada and when one of my kids needed a rest stop, I decided after a long day of driving it was time to call it a day. When I pulled off I-75 it was with a sigh of relief to see the sign for Residence Inn. I pulled up to the front of the hotel and offloaded my two boys who needed to go to the bathroom 'now'. The staff helpfully and effortlessly directed me to the restrooms and got great joy out of seeing the two relieved and rambunctious little ones investigating every nook and cranny of the hotel as I checked in. The staff happily met my needs and requirements for room type and location and watched out for my kids as I unloaded some gear onto the trolley from our vehicle. As it was a week night there was the customary guest complementary snacks available. Hot dogs, pizza and salad were in order and several brands of beer and wine available as well, which for all involved went over like gold.

The rooms were clean and well kept, fresh feeling to them. Typical room for this level of hotel quality, nothing stood out as far as being missing or out of place. Room was of average size, bathrooms had plenty of towels and sundries. Water pressure and temperature no issues. The front desk called within minutes to ensure all was well and directed us to the pool area and where the towels were. The pool area was a definite highlight for me. Nicely situated on the grounds, and landscaped perfectly to give it a private like feeling. Pool temperature was perfect for a nice warm Florida night and the pool and pool area was large enough and safe enough for me to relax with my kids.

The beds were comfy and there were enough ‘marsh mellow’ pillows to satisfy everyone. I am a light sleeper, but I crashed hard and slept well. The breakfast in the morning was well stocked and maintained with typical items available both hot and cold.

This was a one night / short stay for us, but I cannot see any major issues arising in a longer stopover. I will stay here again if the situation arises and do recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I am 100% travel with my job. Both Platinum Elite with marriott and diamond with Hilton. Hands down, I received the best customer service ever at this hotel by front desk clerk/manager/greeter Kevin. He was polite, informative and simply hilarious. Thanks for making my quick stay- which was a vacation for once- simply glorious!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tbr0wn178
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We had a quick over night stay at the Residence Inn in Ocala. We booked the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite for our family of 4. The suite is spacious. The hotel was clean and quiet. Our room #222 had an amazing air conditioning unit. It kept the room SO cold...loved it! Water in the bathrooms got very hot. Free breakfast served in the mornings. Breakfast area was clean & food was good. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an overnight stay near Ocala.

Room Tip: We loved the 2 bedroom/2 bath suite # 222. Very quiet - away from elevators, stairs and the parkin...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Travel4Fun465
Niles, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Air condition noisy, large temperature spread. Vent was directed directly on the bed, with no way to adjust air direction.

Still, Marriott, see what A/C Sheraton has.

Every thing else was EXCELLENT. Stopped overnight coming back from the keys.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmhotel1, General Manager at Residence Inn Ocala, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Allan S.

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn on your trip back from the Keys! I wanted to let you know that the vent can be changed. It takes only a request from you and our staff can quickly reverse the vent to send up and out. Occasionally we get the request and we are happy to make the adjustment. We are happy to hear that everything else was excellent and hope that if you return we hope you will stay with us again!

Carol G