“IGNORE THE EXTERIOR GIVE IT A SHOT”
Review of Amore - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had been reading reviews in the local paper on this restaurant so we tried it. We went on a Friday night and were greeted by a lovely young lady. We were seated in the middle of the restaurant.

Food was very good. We asked if the veal was REAL vs the patties It was real and you heard them pounding it out from the kitchen. They need to add more pasta, pasta is very inexpensive so a bit more could go a long way satisfying the customer. I had the scampi and it was also good. It had 6 large shrimp. Salads were very crisp. Waiter was attentive.

It has had some sprucing up, but needs to improve the exterior. It is located in a former gas/convenience station atmosphere outside is a bit of a turn off. They have their business area set up right on the front table and it is stacked with papers etc.There was also child doing homework at the adjacent table both are right as you walk through the door. . Move your business area to the back of the house. First impressions can make or break you.

Only negative is spruce up the exterior to make it more enticing and move your business area to the back of the house. Your food is good and that should be your first and last impression.

1  Thank GolfOcalaFlorida

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I along with my sister and brother-in-law went there today for Mother's Day. It's the first time there and we will not be going back! First it was impossible to find a working phone number for them to find out if they were even open for Mother's Day, or if we needed reservations.We decided to check it out anyway. They were open and had a special Mother's Day menu which consisted of four basic dinners: Prime Rib, Ham, Lasagna or Baked white fish. Note: Their take-out menu did not list any days/hours of operation, we had to ask. Anyway, the Fish would have been my choice until I asked what kind and the answer was Swai from Vietnam. These fish are raised in the filthy Mekong river in Vietnam. Needless to say, I skipped the fish and chose the Lasagna. My husband chose the Ham, Sweet Potato with Tomato Basil soup. Well the soup was so thick you could eat it with a fork and it tasted like a can. It truly tasted like a can of tomato soup with rice. No taste of basil at all. His ham and sweet potato were okay. When my sister and I ordered the Lasagna the waiter told us he would have to check to see if they had any left. Well this was 1:45 in the afternoon, they only had 4 dinners on the Mother's day menu and Lasagna was one of them. And the waiter told us this was the only menu we could order from today. He checked and told us they did have two more servings. That ended up too bad because it was not good at all. I asked for either Parmesan or Romano cheese to top off my Lasagna and he brought me a shaker of cheese. When I tasted it, it had absolutely no flavor to it at all; it certainly wasn't freshly grated. All three salads we received were warm. Salad should be cold and crispy....It had to be sitting out on some counter before it was served. The bread stick served with the Lasagna must have been warmed in the microwave as it had a hardness to one side of it and it also tasted very bland. My brother-in-law ordered the Prime Rib which was served over-cooked and it was very thin. His sweet potato never made it to the plate as they gave him a regular baked potato. He didn't want to complain so nothing was reported. No way is this a good Italian restaurant. Don't waste your time! Roma's on route 27 in Ocala has excellent food and service and we should have gone there!

8  Thank DonnamarieTCF
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Lunch with the boys today, had to try the new place/ Looking good, dark interior, but rest rooms are clean, waitresses friendly and efficient. Myself and one other had the pasta (angel hair) and meatballs. Marinara sauce was a touch bland (but for seniors - perfect!) three big meatballs, small salad, comes with bread sticks. Very good.
Third in the party had to Rueben said it was very good flavor, but the sauce was "runny" - Ha, he finished it all! French fries were very good (I stole some) haha

4  Thank Gary U