“Horrible customer service”

Homewood Suites Ocala at Heath Brook
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
“Horrible customer service”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

If you want good customer service please do mo stay here. From check to check out the experiment was horrible. The front desk manager Renee was rude and condescending. I booked through hotwire and asked for a non smoking room and got smoking. She was upset because I wanted to change and said that's what you get for booking through a third party vendor. What!!!! Who says that to a customer. The biggest issue I have is with their lost and found policy, I left my laptop which is totally my fault. I realized I left it 20 minutes after leaving Ocala which means I was fairly close . I called to tell them and they said the housekeeping manager was the only one with a key and wouldn't be in until Monday. I was upset because that very poor customer service. Why wouldn't the front desk keep a key to the lost and found. What if I lived in New York? Their policy is pretty stupid and I don't deal with this when I stay at the JW marriott or residence inn. When I spoke with Chanelle, she was rude and said it's their policy..no apology or empathy. I then called corporate to compiling because I literally have to drive over an hour to get it when I could have just turned around and to no avail they didn't care either. I will never stay at a Hilton brand hotel again, furthermore I am going to tell the group of women who book rooms for a church conference there to frequent marriott and not any hilton hotel. W

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rhonesha T
Lisa E, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Ocala at Heath Brook, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for your input. I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience while here. It seems like there was a misunderstanding during your check in as we tried to explain why third party is sometimes not the most accurate avenue to take. Obviously you felt like we were not empathetic enough. I'm sorry for that and can assure you that we do value each guest's comfort and safety. I must stand by our policy for lost and found items as it has always been in place as such. When guest leave their valuable here they are generally glad to hear that we take such care in keeping it safe until it is back in their hands. I hope that you'll consider a return visit to the property during one of your more leisurely trips so you may have an opportunity to experience our top notch service. Have a good day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Daytone Beach Florida, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I do not recommend this place ..the food was terrible and building is old and not well maintained The rooms were clean but the furniture was stained and old At breakfast they have one tiny toaster and people had to form a line to make toast

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Lisa E, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Ocala at Heath Brook, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
We are sorry to hear that you feel you had a less than ideal experience. We strive to maintain our property at its best and we hope you will return soon so that we may have the opportunity to show you we are a great place to stay while in Ocala. Thank you.
florida
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Anytime that we use the Homewood Suites in Ocala, whether for out of town guests or patients, it's a very pleasant experience. All the staff is very hepful, and specially Director of Sales Lisa Escude goes above and beyond to assure that the guests feel well serviced.

Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 April 2014

From Check in to departure, everything was as it should be with no surprises. This is a well maintained property with well trained staff. Dinner was presented and maintained well, Breakfast was hot where it should be and cold where it had to be. Room was spotless and well appointed. Common areas are clean and spacious.

Room Tip: I like the ground floor and was given a ground floor room that suited me.
Spring Hill, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently had surgery at West Marion Community Hospital which was directly across the street from this hotel. I was given a special rate icw my hospital stay and being able to stay here the night before was a blessing as we live about 90 miles away from the hospital so not having to get up extra early the day of surgery was wonderful. Great hotel, very accomodatiing

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Booked this hotel on the way back from Spring Break. Got the wrong room, we booked a room for five but got a room with two beds and no ability to add a rollaway. Food was terrible, I have never stayed in ahotel where the hard boiled egg was inedible, it requires some skill to do that. Towels, soap and shampoo never got replenished. I would not recommend this place.

Miami, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great new hotel in Ocala, FL, great for business travellers. Close to shopping and near I-75. Great value and excellent service. Beautiful suites. Breakfast and dinner was included on the rate. Staff is very helpful and upbeat!