“Underwhelmed”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 17th and 441 (Pine Ave)
Description: Ipanema Brazilian Steak House is a Churrascaria in the finest sense of the word. Our twelve authentic cuts and presentations of meat are seasoned with salt and roasted rotisserie-style over mineral coals imported from Brazil, basted continuously by their own natural juices. Served by traditional roving Gauchos, they are complemented by an opulent salad and vegetable bar, delectable desserts and delicious wines, beer, and cocktails.
Corinth, Vermont
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

After reading the review on TA and talking to a few locals, myself and a friend were excited to eat here. I made a reservation online, which was easy and convenient even received a text to confirm an hour before. We were seated and our server took our drink order. I had ordered a mojito, she came back with my friend's order but informed me because of the lime shortage they had no mojitos. I understand the shortage, I also understand they are very expensive, but so is eating here- carry limes. We both went to the extensive salad bar, which had a large variety of cold and a small variety of hot items. The gentlemen with the meats started to make our way to our table, the variety was great. Online they indicate their meats are seasoned with rock salt, and that is no joke- several large pieces of rock salt was still on the food and ultimately crunching around in my mouth. The bacon wrapped filet mignon was awesome, the lamb was overdone as were a number of the beef cuts except the tenderloin and the ribs had no flavor whatsoever. Our server (Madison) made us feel rushed, her service style was quick, short, to the point and not welcoming. She checked on us what seemed like a few too many times. For a place that has cloth napkins and real table cloths with most patron dressed well, you would think the servers would remove the water glasses to refill them instead of splashing the water across the table and across my leg. The only time our server was friendly was at the end of the meal when she gave us the bill. A manager-type did ask us if there were any cuts we would like, after we flipped our cards over indicating we were done- still a nice gesture. We looked at the dessert menu and my friend tries to order the Key Lime pie, to which our server indicated because of the lime shortage, yada, yada, yada. At any rate, at a restaurant of this caliber it is SOP to inform the customer before they even see a menu of what they are out of, so there are no soured expectations. My friend didn't order dessert and neither did I. Two people, one drink each and no dessert $100. The restaurant decor is nice, the hostess and manager were nice as were the meat servers, the food was OK and our service could have been worlds better.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jason C
Fabian G, General Manager at Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Jason,
Thanks so much for taking the time to dine with us this past Sunday night.
We are honored you heard such great reviews and decided to experience it
for yourself. We are also delighted that you enjoyed our endless filet
mignon and very popular filet wrapped in bacon. We have a great reputation
concerning our meat quality and selection and work hard to keep it going. I
am so sorry that you couldn't enjoy it in its totality! I understand some
of the cuts made it to your table too cooked for you liking. That is
certainly not out heart or intent. We serve a lot of people every night
with temperature preferences ranging from rare to well done! Our Gauchos
are always happy to bring you what ever temperature you like. You can
always tell the Gauchos your temperature preference and they will surely
bring it to you. I wish you would have said something so I could have
brought you the lamb chops the temperature *you enjoy! *There is no excuse
for us not having sufficient limes for your mojito! This situation in
Mexico doesn't make it any easier I will say that. To summarize, we have a
great product which we believe in, just like all our reviews reflect, but
we are so sorry we dropped the ball. I would like to send you a gift card
so that you would give us another shot- this time on us. We want you to
rave about us like everyone else and I know we have the potential to do so!
I sincerely hope you will give us another shot a wowing you. Please reach
out to me at fabian@ipanemaocala.com so that I can send you what I
promised. We hope to serve you again.

Fabian

• Polish first
Florida
“Our special ocassion place”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a total protein experience. Do not go there to nibble on delicacies it is all about the meat. The food is excellent and they do have a good salad bar. It you love lots of beef, chicken, and pork (and it is good not just quantity) then this is the place. If you are a tiny eater and don't like a lot of meat then please skip it.

• Visited April 2014
Fabian G, General Manager at Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hello.

I just wanted to thank you for coming in to dine with us and for taking the time to write your review. Have a great day! We look forward to seeing you again.
Central Florida
“Slow service. Slow checks. Limited options. Poor value.”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We prearranged lunch for a group of around twenty or more on a Thursday. We were not permitted to get certain sandwiches we wanted. They were slow to even tell us menu and options. They wanted to SHOVE us to high priced all you can eat menu or a pricey FULL buffet. We are ladies, and we liek to eat what we want. There was an awesome sandwich I wanted but they would not permit it. Wait staff was not helpful and waited forever for the checks. I've been to Brazil. I have the go no/go meat option. This was overpriced, They did not care one bit. Never responded to my inquiry. I've never been back and I never will. They did not value me nor my friends as clients. We eat out weekly as a group. We are used to taking two hours for lunch.THIS WAS LONGER. And they wasted time not telling us up front...or even as a group. We waited at least a half hour before they began to SLOWLY take orders and they did this one by one..and then by the time they got to me, they said no I cant have this and I cant have that. I should have walked out then and there. If it is on menu I should be able to order it. I'm surprised they are still in business.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Foxes999
Fabian G, General Manager at Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dr T,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us on Trip Advisor.
Ipanema has not served lunch on a Thursday since December of 2012- when the
restaurant was sold and purchased. Under the new ownership and management,
the restaurant has undergone a lot of changes- we like to think for the
better. Since the change we have had excellent trip advisor reviews among
other acclaim aids. I only wish you would have taken the time to review
when the old owners and management team was still in place. We have worked
very hard to rebuild the restaurant and earn back the trust of the patrons
loyal to Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse. We hope to have the opportunity to
serve you again- and earn your business. Kindly take time to read our
recent reviews since the new ownership/management.
We sincerely hope to serve you again and we apologize on behalf of those
who did not uphold the standard of Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse.
Best Regards,
Fabian
Citrus Springs, Florida
“YummY!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I have been going to Ipanema Steakhouse since they opened. It is our favorite restaurant. We love the food, which is a continuous array of excellent meats, and it is worth the price. I also enjoy their large variety of items on the salad bar. Their dinners run for approximately $42 and their Friday lunch runs for approximately $25. That is an excellent treat. Their service is excellent. You have servers dressed in the authentic costume of a Gaucho, which are nomadic and colorful horseman and cowhand of the Argentine grasslands. They have 13 different cuts of succulent meats and grilled pineapple with cinnamon and sugar that they bring to your table and slice freshly off the open fire wood grill. This is a royal treat and you should definitely try this awesome restaurant. Brenda

• Visited March 2014
Fabian G, Owner at Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Hello. We just wanted to thank you for dining with us and taking the time to write such a nice review. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Best regards.
Florida
“My 4th visit here- consistantly perfect.”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We always visit on a Saturday night which is always busy but service and food is outstanding. This visit was on a Sunday night, not so crowded but the service again was outstanding, the food cooked perfect, and we love the extensive salad bar. Always a great experience. Thank you.

• Visited March 2014
Fabian G, Manager at Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Hello I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kinds words and taking the time to write such a nice review. Have a great day and we look forward to serving you again. (a 5th time).