“Great food and wonderful staff”

Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse
Ranked #27 of 504 Restaurants in Ocala
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 17th and 441 (Pine Ave)
Description: Ipanema Brazilian Steak House is a Churrascaria in the finest sense of the word. Our twelve authentic cuts and presentations of meat are seasoned with salt and roasted rotisserie-style over mineral coals imported from Brazil, basted continuously by their own natural juices. Served by traditional roving Gauchos, they are complemented by an opulent salad and vegetable bar, delectable desserts and delicious wines, beer, and cocktails.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We shared a wonderful night out for our 50th Wedding Anniversary at this restaurant, it was lovely! We have been here before and really enjoyed the food and the ambience, so we thought it would be the perfect place to celebrate! The staff is very attentive and the food is exceptional! Thanks for a very memorable night, Fabian and Staff

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I found this resturant on ta. We are from out of town and were planning on going tubing the next day. It was my husbands birthday and wanted to find a special place in Ocala. And we did we loved everything about this place. Highly recommend. Lots of choices on the salad bar. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Went last night. The food was good - not great. Many of the meat cuts were lacking in flavor, and I wasn't about to simply cover each bite with chimichurri sauce. The service was flat out horrendous. Embarrassingly bad. We sat several times waiting for pineapple while the guy circled the room, hitting up other tables multiple times. I flagged him down once and told him I would like some, yet he still ignored us. A manager even came by and I told him that's what I wanted, but still nothing. It seemed intentional after a while. It took far too long for our check to come out, and another unfamiliar waiter picked it up and didn't return it for nearly 10 minutes. Inexcusable. On top of that, the restaurant has the nerve to suggest a 20% tip on the receipt. The icing on the cake was the large group next to us taking flash photos for their entire meal without management telling them to give it a rest. The food was decent but not worth the service and atmosphere.

1  Thank rebelupbaby
Fabian G, Manager at Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Jake, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience at Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse. Over the years, we have upheld a very high standard in dining and I apologize that our great re pore didn't make it to your table. The type of service described in your review is completely unacceptable here at Ipanema. I too would have been flustered at seeing a suggested tip (automatically placed on all receipts for the convenience of the guest)! The Brazilian tradition of seasoning our steaks is extremely minimal- The menu gives a description of how the meats are prepared with just rock salt so the guest can experience the meat alone- and not steak sauces or rubs.

Also- sorry about all the flash photography from your neighboring table-many of our guests were celebrating their high school graduations with their friends and family- we understand how the flash can be overwhelming.

I hope you accept our very sincere apology. We are here to serve-and it looks like we didn't meet the goal. Kindly PM me and would love a chance to make it right for you- and hopefully a shot to give you the experience you came to expect, and deserve here at Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse. Hope to hear from you soon. -Fabian Gomez

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We felt that the side bar foods were excellent. Good variety and quality. But we were very disappointed in the meats served. We thought they were all tough. Not exactly what I would expect from a steakhouse. We think we might consider going for lunch and just eating the side bar. But we will never go for the meat again.

1  Thank Dianne B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a great place for an anniversay dinner!! I look forward to it every year. It's a beautiful restuarant and excellent service. I do not recommend it for children because it has limited choices and personally I like to quiet for a romantic meal. I highly recommend this resturant but be prepared to eat!!!