“Howard Johnson - Ocala”

Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 October 2012

The staff were friendly, but the room was not as clean as I had hoped. The location was conveniently just off of the interstate. I found two large water roaches when I entered the bathroom and the bathroom window was ajar. The bathroom did not appear to have been cleaned properly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Lisa, I want to apologize on behalf of our management for your poor experience at our hotel. This is not a typical situation and I would love to have the chance to speak with you further and try to make it right. You can reach me directly at becky@hdghotels.com or at 352.867.1347 ext 607. Thank you.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We needed a place with truck parking and those can be kind of seedy sometimes. Despite being very busy the first night, our room was very quiet. Free breakfast is adequate, rooms are clean, all staff friendly and helpful.easy access to I75.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you Beth! Our Howard Johnson of Ocala does indeed have ample truck parking. I know this can be a major concern for those who are traveling with larger vehicles. Our hotel parking area can accommodate horse trailers, U-Hauls, Semis, RVs and more. Thank you for telling others about our property!

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I had to meet a buddy at 3 a.m. to go to Tampa for our trip to Costa Rica. The hotel was in a great location and the rooms were nice. I've stayed at this hotel many times and will always return when I have the need.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Thank you Robert! We truly appreciate your taking the time to tell other travelers about us and we can't wait to see you back next time!

Reviewed 26 September 2012

motel was clean and the folks there were very nice I would stay there again and will.parking was good and the rates were also good, motel has a rest. And the food was good.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you Gary! You mentioned our food. Our Howard Johnson Ocala offers not only a complimentary breakfast (Belgian waffles, homemade banana bread, cereal, oatmeal, etc) but also has an on-site restaurant which serves very reasonably priced specials (~$8.99) daily. A few of these include chicken fried steak with veggies, baked zitti with veggies, and flounder (Mmmmm!) The best part is every entree comes with a free soft serve ice cream for dessert!

Reviewed 26 September 2012

The room was very clean, including the bathroom. The continental breakfast was all we could eat and poolside (including a hot tub) was great with plenty of tables and chairs with some being covered. The staff was very congenial and cooperative. Easy on and off I-75 with plenty of eateries close by. All this for an extremely inexpensive price.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your recommendation of our Howard Johnson of Ocala, Florida! You mentioned one thing that many travelers do not know about our hotel; that we have a large heated pool with hot tub and that we can assign your chosen room nearby this pool. If you love to swim (or soak) it is a wonderful surprise!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We spent one night in Ocala during our trip to the Florida Keys. I chose this hotel because the price was great, but wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised. The property was very clean and the front desk staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Our check-in was quick and easy and the room was basic, but clean and spacious. I loved the free wi-fi and continental breakfast in the morning. You can not beat this place for price, value and location!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for making the Howard Johnson Ocala a part of your family vacation! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. There are one or two budget hotels in Ocala that can beat us on price but most travelers don't realize how much they sacrifice in cleanliness, quality, and added amenities by staying elsewhere. Thank you for telling others about us so that maybe they will give us a try too :)

Reviewed 23 September 2012

This hotel is very affordable and CLEAN!! I travel with disinfectants and I didn't need to use them at all. The beds were comfortable, but don't expect a bed like your own. The pillows leave alot to be desired, but I also travel with my own pillow so that wasn't an issue. I didn't see any mold or mildew, or stains on the sheets. The sheets smelled clean so I believe they were recently laundered. I swear, I inspect a hotel room before I start unpacking because I cannot tolerate unkept rooms. Overall, I was happy with the accomodations and I plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Judith, thank you so much for your review! We hope that you do get a chance to return to our Howard Johnson hotel in Ocala, Florida. You mentioned how clean the sheets smelled. That is because we ALWAYS launder the sheets between guests as well as for stays of more than a few days. Our housekeeping staff are proud to provide a level of service that far surpasses most budget accommodations and we are pleased that this made your stay a great one. Thank you!