“Perfect for a business trip in Ocala”
Review of Hilton Ocala

Hilton Ocala
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 October 2011

The hotel is in a great location for a trip to Ocala and even backs up to what looks like some horse stables. The price is usually very reasonable and the stay very comfortable. The Executive lounge was ok, it had some snack food and drinks, but all alcohol has an additional charge. Breakfast was just average as well. The waitstaff were very attentive and nice, but the food was just barely acceptable. The eggs were quite poor in quality and the rest of the food medicore at best.
Overall, comfortable place to stay for a quick trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank LBenko
Karl K, Owner at Hilton Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Thank you for yoyr feedback. We do find that many guests are pleasently surprised at just how large and welcoming the exterior amenities are at the hotel. With our full-court basketball, tennis, beach volleyball, enormous pool and spa deck, as well as the 6-acre grass & oak paddock out back...there is plenty of room to relax. And yes...you can take a job or quiet walk through the horse farms that are adjacent to the hotel.
We look forward to your return visit, and future comments to help our team improve every day.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Ocala

Reviewed 8 October 2011

I am a hilton honors member that was traveling south from my cabin in NC with pets. VERY PET friendly hotel but there is a charge that comes with that of $49.00. The setting is perfect if you have a dog because the back property is one big field manicured with horses in the back. Perfect for pet walking.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful. My major complaint were the below items that attention to detail could have corrected...for example.

1. My door key did not work..now mind you, this was a PAIN because I was loaded down w/ luggage, cooler, cat, dog and food and the freak'n door didn't work--traveling alone --no one to fetch a new key. I had reserved this room in advance and if the hotel had been paying attention to detail this would not have happened. Ended up needed batteries--oh please!
2. Bed comfortable but sheets felt like sand paper--whats up w/ that?
3. Make up mirror broken--light broken--attention to detail would have had that thing working or replaced.
4. The refrigerator needed to be defrosted. Pretty sorry little refrigerator had a freezer so small, I don't know what would fit in it. I rented this room for the refrigerator and couldn't use it (this was a huge suite-too).
5. They had 2- elevators but only one worked and slow, slow, slow.

It is an older hotel but very nice setting and very nice staff worth going back to again. I would suggest to Management that a little more attention to detail would make this a top notch hotel. I'll be back to see if they've improved...so look out.

Room Tip: pool view rooms would be preferable
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank bbosock
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Your comments are very valuable in making our team the best possible. There are some things that are unpredictable, and I certainly feel that our team responded to your needs in a timely manner. We look forward to your return visit, and I certainly hope you have the time to meet me and our management team while here.

Reviewed 29 September 2011

The guest rooms are as expected for a Hilton - clean and quiet. I stayed at this hotel for a business meeting and the banquet staff was exceptional. Attentive and responsive!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JanetCincy
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2011

Janet,
Thank you very much for the comments regarding your recent visit to attend a business meeting at the Hilton Ocala. As the most experienced and respected Conference Center in the Ocala area we take a great deal of pride in providing a high level of service and professionalism. Our meeting, banquet, and culinary team has all been on property together for many years, and that "chemistry" is part of what seperates us from everyone else. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

I recently stayed at the Hilton Ocala for one night for business. I was truly surprised at how nice this location was to stay. The hotel staff were extremely helpful. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The rooms had a good size desk for business travelers. Only complaint on the room was that there was a little bit of an odor...I think this is due to the fact the hotel allows pets. I ate breakfast at the restaurant and the buffet was great. Lots of options on the buffet and the food was good. The lobby/bar area are great too!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Your comments were well appreciated by the entire team here at the Hilton Ocala. Each time we are fortunate enough to have feedback from one of our guests we make sure we learn from the comments. Our incredible facility truely delivers a Piece of paradise in the heart of horse country. we hope to see you here again soon

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Wow, in reading the reviews on this property it is almost like the authors did not stay at the same property we did. We reserved an executive level room for a Gator football weekend only to find out we could not stay on that level with a small pet. I have no problem with that policy, however, the room we were assigned on a lower floor was dirty, smelled bad of smoke and the A/C not effective. The rate was not adjusted either. This property needs some serious TLC.

The next surprise came the following morning in the resturant. A buffet with no food or service and the hostess just kept on seating people. I told the folks waiting to be seated on the way out "good luck".

As a Hilton Honors upper tier member I sent a letter to customer service regarding this stay. I got back a letter from the General Manager basically rationalizing the performance of the property and an invited us to stay there again to see that things are not really as we saw them. That's it.... NOT!

I would steer clear of the Ocala Hilton.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David B

David -
As the areas most sought after hotel and conference center, we take a great deal of pride in both the caliber of our facility and level of service. If at anytime we fail to meet your expectations we will always take the necessary steps to ensure your future stays with us are perfect. Please contact the hotel the next time you are planing a stay in the area, so we can show you what our everyday level of southern hospitality really is about. GO GATORS

Reviewed 10 September 2011

this is a great hotel, we got the horsemans rate soit was cheaper than expected, they have horse racing as there decore so it was really interesting to see the jockeys racing shirts on display, they do accomadate the horseman with room for parking trailers and letting your horses out, they also have a huge clydesdale who pulls a buggy for rides, he is beautiful. we also had a complimentary breakfast in the hotel. so we will b back

Room Tip: ask for the horsemans rate
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments. If there are two things we understand, it is the importance of the horse and throughbred industry in the Marion County area, and how important people like you who support that industry are to our area.
The acres of beautiful land that encompasses the Hilton Ocala does include ample horse trailer parking and room to let your equine roam for a bit, as well as a large outdoor heated pool, tennis, volleyball, and basketball courts, and our rfelaxing enormous pool deck and dining patio.
We look foward to your next visit with us at our "piece of paradise in the heart of horse country."

Reviewed 24 August 2011

As a Hilton Diamond member I spend a lot of time in Hilton Hotels. I gave this one only 4 stars because I have seen nicer and grander Hiltons. Having said that, this is a wonderful hotel. Good room decor, nice setting and very clean. I have to mention that the front desk person, Erin J., was exceptional. I tried to check in early after a sell out the night before. Erin saved me an Exec floor room and offered to store my luggage. All of the staff was friendly. The room was very inviting. The Exec Floor Lounge was on the small side but very well run.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business