“Oasis in Ocala”

Hilton Ocala
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

I booked a room from Priceline for $56...best deal ever as this property is great. Right off I-75, access was easy. Joseph, the bellman, greeted me with a nice smile and warm welcome. Gail at the front desk was efficient and gracious throughout my stay. In fact the entire staff was pleasant.
The communal areas - lounge, lobby, patio & pool area - are spacious, beautiful, and flawlessly maintained. The grounds are nicely landscaped & huge. One of my favorite spots was a gazaboo overlooking a enormous grassy area from where I could see the stable and watch Buddy the resident carriage horse.
Happy hour - 2 for 1 - lasted until 8 pm and a guitar duo providing the entertainment. Guests on the patio were visted by one of the musicians who was taking requests. Good times.
Minor maintenance issues in the room were immediately and satisfactorily addressed.
While there I saw a relegant 50th wedding gala plus kids enjoying the good sized pool. Was on the elevator with a six year old holding carrots to go out and feed Buddy whom he had met the nite before.

• Stayed: September 2012
Karl K, Director of Sales at Hilton Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Now you can see why we like to say "A resort feeling" each and every time you stay with us. Congrats on snagging a Priceline room...due to the popularity of Hilton Ocala those are not always available....but the enormous amount of one-of-a-kind amenities we offer is why people people choose Hilton Ocala time and time again. Our resident "Mascot" clydesdale "Buddy" is always happy for a carrot, apple, or Buddy Snack available in our gift shop.
Glad you got to enjoy our Friday PARTY ON THE PATIO...where we feature free live music on our 18,000 sq foot multi-level pool deck that overlooks our 6-acre oak-lined grass paddock. Of course happy hour is everyday, 2-8pm.
we hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,927)

Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

I stay at the Ocala Hilton once a month for a week and if your a horse person this is the only place to stay. The restaurant makes an amazing NY Strip crown with mushrooms with Parmesan over it WOW.
Unless your buying a red wine by the bottle do not buy by the glass as it will come out of the chiller as cold as Chardonnay. It was a dinner killer.
Besides the wine it was a good experience as usual

• Stayed: September 2012
Karl K, Director of Sales at Hilton Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Just as every perfectly marinated and grilled NY Strip served in Arthur's Restaurant deserves the perfect wine at the right temperature....you deserved the best hospitality possible at your "home away from home." That is our goal with every guest that trusts their stay with us every visit to Ocala.

Thank you very much for your wonderful and candid comments regarding your past stay with us. I have shared the thoughts on the wine you received and the Food & Beverage staff is taking the necessary step to ensure a perfect experience on your next trip. I might even recommend you try our Blue Crab Bisque appetizer with your next dinner here....it is amazing. We look forward to your next visit, and never hesitate to ask for me or any member of our management team should anything fall short of your expectations.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stayed overnight here for business and darn sure glad I did. I was finally able to get a good night's sleep as the room, ac/temp, bed, and pillows were very comfortable and to me that's very important. The room was very clean, updated, and I was impressed with the porcelain/granite type flooring which continued on the walls from floor to ceiling...very nice indeed. The staff was professional and amenable and they are situated in an excellent location just off I-75. The bar was fun and the drinks and food were excellent.

The only problem I had was the next morning when I went down for breakfast, I was running a little late and the service was running a little slow. I did not get my OJ I had asked for and my toast finally came after I was finished with my eggs and bacon...but what the heck, I'm not going to lose sleep over small details...it happens. Here's the scoop: I definitely recommend this hotel with NO reservation and look forward to coming back to Ocala to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Even though we strive for perfection with every guest, we are very glad your stay was what you expected from Hilton Ocala. As the area's leading business and corporate stay hotel we take a great deal of pride in making sure our business travelers get a comfortable night's sleep, and enjoy a well-rested delicious breakfast. Despite the fact our fabuloust breakfast buffet lets you dine at your own pace, the perfect slice of made-to-order toast or even special order eggs and omletes that comes with your buffet can seem to take a little longer than a trip through the steaming hot and fresh buffet. We sincerely hope you stay with us the next time in the area....and we will have that toaster warmed up and ready for ya.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

The hotel seemed older, but they have kept it up well. Staff was friendly, and the room was very clean.
Very convenient to I-75, and it worked great for me to stop for the night.
I usually never eat dinner at the hotel I stay at, but there was not much else close by other than chain restaurants. The restaurant was surprisingly good, and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Nothing makes our team feel better than when our normal level of service and hospitality surpasses what you expected. Yes...we are celebrating out 25th year as Ocala's "Voted Number One Hotel" in the area...with our 196 over-sized rooms and hallways, fantastic lobby bar and cafe, and the renowned Chef Randal White heading the culinary team...we are very happy you had time to experience all we have to offer. we hope the next time you pass through our way, you take the time to walk out back in our 6-acre oak-lined grass paddock and say hello to our resident Clydesdale "Buddy"

Reviewed 2 August 2012

I have stayed here twice for conferences. This is one of the best all around Hotels I have ever stayed at. Convenient to I-75, restaurants, and shopping. I would highly recommend staying here. It will be well worth your money.

• Stayed: August 2012
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Your short, concise, and candid comments are very much appreciated. The number one comment we get from our guests is "I never knew this place was so nice...it's like a little bit of paradise in the middle of town." Sure...we are located within a block of busy I-75 and SR200...but once you get to the end of the oak-lined winding road you find 6 acres of oaks, palms surrounding oru 9-story modern and comfortable hotel, and an outdoor oasis to enjoy your favoriate meal or beverage. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

It's OK hotel, but don't expect Hilton quality and details, The propert need refreshing and energy, starting with the furnature, The breakfast was decent, gym is useless, better to hang a picture of some one working out' But one thing I have to say, the staff are proffesionals, specially the manager. and that a lone make me go back to stay if I pass by Ocala.
C U around.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you for your comments. Your comments reflect the knowledge of owners that we are focused on always being better....and you will be very happy to know that our valuable guests will see an beautiful facelift of our lobby bar, restaurant, and conference center common areas late summer/aerly fall. This enhancement of Arthur's Restaurant, the Starting Gate lobby bar, and other areas will include a modern twist to our southern charm, including new furniture and more.
We hope to see you back again soon

Reviewed 12 July 2012

The Hilton in Ocala is definitely a must on our trips in and out of Florida.
The Front Desk personnel are so helpful always making us aware when we arrive of any specials that we may participate in during our stay. Rooms are clean, great TV and comfortable beds. Dining is a great experience. Food is of great quality and generous portions, the pork chops super.
Breakfast staff very friendly also made us aware at the buffet we could request eggs prepared by the chef. Very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sam F F
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Bravo to Team Hilton for making you another satistied guest during your recent stay. Thanks for pointing out some great features such as the "made to order" feature of our daily breakfast buffet....from omletes to eggs-anyway-you-like-em...its all part of the Healthy Start to your day. You happened to pick my own favoriate dinner selection - the enormous apricot glazed pork chop made by Chef Randal at Arthur's restaurant.
We hope we are part of your next trip to the area.