“Family Wedding”

GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Family Wedding”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We went for a family wedding taking place at the hotel. We were there during April school vacation. We paid 99 a night for the wedding rate. Check in was quick, the rooms were clean and typical Hilton, fine. The pool was warm with a nice outside sitting area. The hotel lobby was nice with a bar serving happy hour prices at 5 and lunch and breakfast at good prices. I would stay here again if I was going to be in the area. I would not just come here for vacation as nothing in the area was of interest. If you love horses you may come for vacation as this is horse country.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
We are so glad you were able to share the special day with friends and family - and the Hilton Ocala was able to be part of your visit.
The next time you visit, speak to our staff and they will tell you all the hidden treasures that make Ocala and Marion county great. From Silver Springs State park to the fastest Zip Line adventure in Florida...there is a lot to do here. Hurry back

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked a large sales group into the Hilton for a couple of nights the first week of May. Besides the hotel and rooms being clean and well kept, the staff went out of their way to accommodate everyone, and all their requests. I had some questions, that ended with a hand written note from the manager. I don't see much of that. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Go for the pool view.
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
When we take on the title of "The Heart of Florida Conference Center" we know providing the perfect mix of a business setting and all the "comfort" amenities is what makes a successful meeting. I am very glad that we delivered on our Hilton Ocala promise of "delivering the people" by providing the best service possible.
The next time you plan a meeting or conference in our area we hope you choose Hilton Ocala once again. Safe Travels!
Arlington, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The carpet in my room needed a shampoo. Other than that, the room was very comfortable, clean and bed linen appeared to be clean. I always enjoy my stay in this particular location for business travel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Noted! we have researched your one concerned and have taken immediate action to ensure the carpet is touched up as needed. Thank you for offering that important bit of feedback and hope your business travels continue to include Hilton Ocala
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Although it is not new, it is still elegant and is wells obtained and updated. Great staff, excellent service and the best hamburger (room service) I have ever had! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Pfelia
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
And we can't wait for you to come back!! Since Arvida (Disney) built this hotel in 1987 we have been the pride of North Central Florida and strive to maintain it's original design while staying up to date with amenities and technology. Our entire team applauded your comments and appreciate your quick review following your stay. Hurry back
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Really disappointed that I even stayed here. The service all the way to the room isn't what Hilton stands for. Hope that this is a corporate location and not a franchise. Seems like with franchise owners they dont follow all the rules.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank NinaDawn
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your comments shortly after staying with us. while we strive to make sure every guest leaves happy, we also use constructive comments to make our team better. Those occasions where specific areas that you may have noted for improvement are mentioned would have been shared with our team. We hope you come experience our southern hospitality again and give us better feedback,
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My stay here was wonderful. The staff was so friendly and the customer service is outstanding. I would definitely come back again. I left my laptop charger in the room and it is being mailed back to me.

Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Going the extra mile is what our staff is all about! The housekeeping team at Hilton Ocala knows how frustrating it is to leave something as simple as a phone or laptop power supply behind and we are happy to get them back to you as quickly as possible.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back again in the near future
Dunnellon, Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The oddest thing about staying here is that the name Hilton is not on the building. Instead, there's a subtle bucolic scene with a slogan about hospitality in horse country, an obvious nod to the locale. But the lettering is very small. Due to my confusion and the subtle sign, I entered the wrong door, closer to the meeting rooms than registration. It was late on a Sunday afternoon, and they were just cleaning up after whatever gatherings were there. I eventually found my way to the desk and the rest of my brief stay was great. The outdoor pool area looked nice, though I did not use it myself. My room was quiet and comfortable. There is a full service restaurant in the hotel, which I also did not try. The hotel is within walking distance of other eateries, and easy driving distance of scads more. Also close to the interstate. Staff were very pleasant. The TV does have an annoying habit of turning on really loud to the promo channels, regardless of the volume it was set when it was turned off.

Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
we certainly have not experienced the lack of name recognition with our resort style setting Hilton. From the giant Hilton blue loco on two sides of the building, to the sign entering the gorgeous entrance drive people have come to know the "big pink Hilton" landmark. we will take a closer look at the door signs and see if there is improvement to be made.
as always, we appreciate any feedback that can make us better.