“4th of July”

Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersGold level
“4th of July”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I usually stay at Hilton Properties. This was the best Hilton I have been at. The Property is gorgeous. It sits on a few acres surrounded by Horse farms. The staff made me feel special and valued as a customer.
This was an escape weekend for my husband myself and my "dog". We met our kids and grand kids at one of the springs and had a great time.
The facilities could not have been better. A beautiful bar (yea!), wonderful food (yea!) A gazebo and pool outside that beckoned us to take a book and relax for a change. Thank you Hilton for the Service, The cleanliness ( I am a germaphoib), the entertainment, (2 bands & a dinner orchestra)
I recommend this hotel and I recommend the Brand. The staff really wanted us to be happy. And we were!!!!.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and the live entertainment every weekend. Friday's "Party on the Patio" features live entertainment poolside every Friday...while Saturday features live jazz in Arthurs' Bistro.
There are so many ways to relax or be entertained at Hilton Ocala - and coming in August our new PAR COURSE fitness trail as part of our 6-acre grass paddock "back yard" So hurry back

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

First time to the Sunday Brunch recommended by our friends and we had a great time! The food was delicious and Sherry (our dining attendant) was excellent! Will definitely be back again! Every aspect of the experience was spot on, including the accompanying entertainment provided by the gentleman at the piano. What a great experience!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Some people just imagine being surrounded by the finest dining selections, a chef carving prime rib and made-to-order omelets, an endless assortment of salads, breads, entrees, and a dessert table piled high with decadent treats...all while a live pianist plays in the background and you sip on champagne. Others just come to Sunday brunch at Arthur's Bistro inside the Hilton Ocala. The $19.95 brunch is amazing (discounts for seniors and children)....so thanks for discovering what everyone is talking about and your kind words.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I along with her parents enjoyed the Sunday brunch served in the Hotel (Arthur's Bistro) Our server was Sherry. She went beyond the basics ensuring that we had a first rate experience. The food, properly prepared, was fresh and delicious.
Sherry was very attentive, keeping our beverages refreshed, clearing the table of used dished and flatware.
Thanks to Sherry and the quality of the food, we will definitely return in the near future.

Green Features: The Ocala Hilton not only talks the talk, they walk the walk!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
We love it when our guests mention one of our staff by name - we certainly have passed along your comments to Sherry and the rest of the Arthur's Bistro team.
Sunday brunch at Hilton Ocala is one of the highlights each week, as people come from points all around the area to feast on the best dining experience and value you can find!
We look forward to you returning.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We especially enjoy the brunch on Sundays. Good selection of food and we appreciate the service from Sally. David the manager handles the running of the brunch excellently and with a smile. Do suggest everyone give it a try.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
You have obviously discovered one of Ocala's best kept secrets, and certainly best dining values in the area. The amazing Sunday Brunch at Arthur's Bistro inside Hilton Ocala boasts some of the finest dining and culinary treats around. I hope you tried everything from the chef carved prime rib, made-to-order omelets, soups, salads, and of course the main course entrees. This weekly Sunday brunch even includes complimentary champagne and mimosas...so hurry back and indulge.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Took my girl out for a quick meal and ended up having more then i bargain for we recieved great service will was spot on from when we first walked in until we left even after we payed our bill he continuously kept our water glasses full and table cleaned I would
definitely be back soon

• Stayed July 2014
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed the service and atmosphere of Arthur's Bistro here at Hilton Ocala. From a simple lunch to a wonderful multi-course dinner you will find no better value and service than the renowned American Fusion dining of Arthur's Bistro. We hope you return soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

If you're in town, I highly recommend this place. Stayed here Saturday, June 21st. I was in town for Open Water Diving certification. Well, not necessarily in town. I drove about 30 miles away from the springs and definitely worth the drive. From the greeting of guest services to the very end of my stay...superb customer service.
After a long and exhausting day in the water, I checked in at this hotel. The lobby is huge. You can see the bar/sports bar on the right and then a restaurant on the right of that. Guess services were friendly. The lady had no problem switching my orginal requested double bed to King size. The room was very clean and it smelled clean. Hahahaha... I will not stay in a room where there's a hint of odor. Bathroom was very nice. After getting cleaned up, I decided to check out the bar where I met Greg...one of the bartenders. Very friendly and on point with my drinks. as I was sitting at the bar, I can hear live music coming out of the restaurant. Anyway, the food and drinks were awesome. I went back to my room and realized that the main phone by the bed did not work. I called guest services and in less than 15min...no kidding.. one of the techs came and immediately repaired the problem.
I highly, highly recommend this hotel. Not only is their customer service superb...their General Manager Jeff Bailey is top notch. I received a personal email from him regarding my concerns about the hotel...personal not computer generated...thanking me for my input. If it weren't for that kind of personal treatment, I wouldn't have done this review. THANK YOU Hilton for having a wonderful staff!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
The only thing more exciting then those awesome open water dives is the level of service Hilton Ocala provided you during your stay.
Thank you very much for your kind words, and they have been shared with our entire staff.
Schenectady, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for four days while visiting family. There are pros and cons. Overall I would say average but for a Hilton we were a little disappointed.

Pros:

Great staff
Bartender made very generous drinks
Pool area clean and not too crowded
Rooms clean but a con here too. See below!!
Easy access to highways, restaurants

Cons:

For a Hilton the suite we had well a few issues: shower/tub diverted to drain would not stay in place to drain so you showered in your tub literally. It drained eventually but should have been addressed. We asked but nothing done. Their was a vent in bathroom but nothing to turn it on.

This big issue for us was our suite, the separate bedroom in the suite had an air conditioner unit that didn't work. The main rooms unit worked great but leaving the door open between rooms was the only option but not something we wanted to due other family sleeping or still being awake.

A side not Ocala Comic Con was being held in the hotel during our stay. We paid the $15 for admission and checked it out. Not big comic people in our family but we had a great time.

So overall I give the Hilton a 3 star rating, I would not hesitate to give it a four if they pay a little more attention to room upkeep in the future and I would stay here again too.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Whenever a concern arises about the physical condition of our rooms or mechanical equipment it is immediately addressed - so thank you for bringing the A/C to our attention.
We are glad the family had fun at the annual Ocala Comic Con convention...it certainly is a fun event for kids (of all ages).
We are confident that you will enjoy the attention to detail on your next visit