“Excellent Service - excellent facility”
Review of Hilton Ocala

Hilton Ocala
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersGold level
Boone, North Carolina
“Excellent Service - excellent facility”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I enjoyed my stay immensely. The room was very comfortable - clean, well apportioned, comfortable bed. I was offered an upgrade, and the room was a real plus! Maxi. In the Concierge Lounge on the 9th Floor is the best! Friendly, accommodating, just the kind of person you want in the service industry! Front desk personnel were great, too.

Room Tip: There's a beautiful horse farm behind the hotel - ask for a southern facing room to enjoy it.
Green Features: Hilton is a leader in this area. So they are to be commended for being a leader in this.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Thank N. J. M
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Maxie shines again! Time after time we hear how much fun and accommodating she is on the 9th floor VIP lounge.
The Hilton Ocala team appreciates your wonderful comments and look forward to your return visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
USA, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Make sure you hold your bedding up to the light...light reveals OH SO MUCH. Bathroom was deplorable...dirty wet liquid on counter. I had to clean it before we could use it. Water pooled up on counter and floor...toilet clogged. However, the maintenance and restaurant staff were WONDERFUL. Restaurant was very clean and professional.

Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Your comments are always taken very seriously. We do take a great deal of pride in our lovely Hilton Hotel. Though our soft and cozy bedspreads are down-filled, if held up to a bright light source (lamp or window) sometimes there are darker feathers that are apparent . If there is any allergy or other problem with the down comforters , we hope our guest will let us know.
Again, thank you for your comments
Tallahassee, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel is near nice restaurants and shopping (we walked to Ruby Tuesday). Self parking at the hotel was easy and convenient. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet had a lot of choices and the food was very good. We had to wait for coffee and juice but in all fairness, only two people were working and the place was packed. They had a singer performing at the pool the night we arrived and he was very good.

Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Horraayyy...Glad you had a great visit and we hope you hurry back.
While our full-service Arthur's Bistro restaurant does get quite busy for our awesome breakfast, we do offer self-serve complimentary coffee every morning as well.
Thanks for the comments and safe travels
Ocala, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

No problems, pet friendly.. elevator and front desk warm. Elevator smelled like many animals had been visitors. Staff very friendly and made everything work. Gave me a discount receipt for conference rate breakfast when asked for. Big place.. lot going on. Nice pool - though didn't enter water. Staff with smiles and courtesies made event memorable. Thanks Hilton.. I'm not easy to please. How about a mangers reception?

Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
It seems we did our job and you felt quite at home with our staff and cozy facility. While we don't have a manager's reception I could recommend the upgrade to our VIP level floors. There you will find our 9th floor lounge featuring morning hot breakfast, afternoon appetizers and discounted drinks, and the warm fresh baked cookies at 8pm....all of this hosted by Maxie in the morning and our great staff every afternoon.
Look forward to seeing you return soon
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I enjoyed staying at the Ocala Hilton Hotel. It has a scenic view of a lovely wooded area out of the back of the hotel and a view of the pool. The hotel service was excellent and the room was very comfortable and clean.

1 Thank Drew M
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We tend to love our little piece of paradise in the midst of the busy I-75 area at SR200. The 6-acre oak-lined grass paddock now features a "fitness trail" compete with lifestyle exercise stations...so no matter if it's a quiet stroll, quick jog, or complete inside/outside workout...our outdoor space is perfect.
Thank you for your kind comments, and hurry back
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My 2 friends and I stayed for 2 nights. Even though we requested non smoking rooms, one room distinctly smelled of smoke and was musty. I was sleeping peacefully in my room when at 2:45 am the alarm clock went off even though I had not set it. I arroused from a deep sleep and managed to turn it off. When I awoke (again) at 6:00 am I made sure to turn off the alarm feature and the radio feature. The next morning at 3:30 the alarm once again went off . to my horror it was a lawyer add. Really jarring at 3:30. I turned the alarm off as I had the night before but despite my efforts the alarm kept going off another two times. When I checked out, I told them of the problem. Three days later I left a nice message for the general manager to call me about a problem. I got no response. This ruined my sleep and each day thereafter.

Green Features: they enironmental friendly practices were non existant
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
There are no excuses for the incidents you experienced while staying with us. We are taking serious steps to make sure the alarm clock issue is part of our room attendant's normal checkoff procedures.
Our GM will contact you shortly and hope to restore the faith in Hilton Ocala that the majority of our guest communicate.
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stacy Rollins at the Hilton Ocala was an excellent guide as she toured me around Ocala and the hotel for a potential upcoming conference location. I was amazed at the different site-seeing opportunities for guest. The Horse Farm carriage ride a MUST! Zip-lining and horse back riding for those who like challenges. There is the famous glass bottom boats at Silver Springs State Park for those who just want to relax and enjoy the scenery. I look forward to bringing our conference to the Hilton Ocala in the near future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
AS Ms. Rollins stated after returning from your whirlwind tour with you..."there is so much to see and do in Marion County." we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and everything great about our area, and look forward to seeing you here in the near future