“Excellent everything!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Florida
“Excellent everything!”
Reviewed 5 September 2009

Excellent service...front desk, bar and restaurant. The room was clean and had all the amenities. The bed (King) and pillows were very comfortable. Big, flat screen TV. We got a special AAA discount that included the breakfast buffet, which was excellent. The views from the lobby, bar and restaurant were great. There is a horse ranch in the back with lots of horses and there is a Clydsdale horse that they use for carriage rides on the weekends. We felt like we were at an exclusive resort...and I guess it was. We could have stayed there for a week. We'll be back. Thank you to everyone at the Hilton. Thanks to Greg, the bartender also!
Robin and Monica

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
HotelManagerMJ, Owner Representative at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 29 September 2009
Thank you so much for your kind comments. The Hilton Ocala strives to make each guest's stay as comfortable as possible.

Hilton Ocala Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Shapsburg
Reviewed 31 August 2009

The Hilton Ocala is one of my favorite hotels in the country. While traveling for business 48 of 52 weeks a year, it is important to find an establishment that compliments the travelers lifestyle. The Hilton Ocala does this whether you are traveling on business or pleasure and offers a full compliment of services.

The hotel property (rooms, lounge, restaurant, executive club and exercise area) are some of the finest in the USA. The accommodations are quiet, comfortable, and offer internet access. The grounds are representative of the area and offers its own four-legged friend, Buddy. The executive club offers the tired business traveler a full compliment of beverages and the ever changing hot and cold snacks. The restaurant deserves 5 stars for its fine menu.

Aside from the property in general, the entire hotel staff is to be complimented for the superb service they provide. Compliments to the front desk representatives, the chef, and the executive club staff. They are by far some of the best in the country.

Take the time to visit The Hilton Ocala whether passing through or tending to local business. It is a good buy for the dollar.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments. Guests who travel for business know exactly what they want, so we are very pleased you are happy with our service.

Denton, Texas
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Ocala from August 26-29, 2009. I arrive pretty late due to a delayed flight into Tampa, but Mitchel at the from desk was very pleasant and quickly offered suggestions of something to eat in the area. He even called Chili's - although they were closed. I booked the food and wine package - I HIGHLY recommend it. The wine was wonderful, and it was an extremely nice touch to have it waiting for me after a long day of work. As a Diamond member, I got upgraded to the executive floor. The lounge was nicely appointed, and the food offerings were tasty. Christy was absolutely wonderful. I felt that I was hanging out with a friend! On the second and third day of my stay, Kate was kind enough to personally deliver my wine to my room. Housekeeping even placed their special touches in the room - such as placing my toothbrush/toothpaste into the neatly wrapped hand towel. I was very impressed with everything. I found the decor nice and appealing. I am away from home so much, and I really enjoyed spending most of my work week at the Hilton Ocala. I must commend the staff again, they truly made the experience a wonderful one.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words. We've passed along your comments to our staff and they were thrilled to have been recognized. We are happy to have provided you a comfortable and pleasant stay!

lakeland, fl
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Staff was so helpful from the momemt we walked in to the second we left. The staff went out of there way to accomadate us. Great breakfast and very clean rooms

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Thank you for your comment! We are pleased you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Lilburn, GA
Reviewed 3 August 2009

MY sincere compliments to Sergio, the Front Desk Manager, who went out of his way to accomodate a special request that I made during my recent stay. He went beyond the call of duty to do me a favor late in the evening when I could not get back to the Hotel in time for dinner.
I would also like to compliment "Andria" who is a very, VERY Professional menber of the Restaurant's Wait Staff T*E*A*M. Her smile and attention always brighten my day.
I have already made a reservation to return to this Hilton property August 27-30th.

Jim Griffith
Diamond Member

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Sergio and Andrea were very pleased to be recognized by your kind words. Thank you!

South Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Being in the service business, and traveling much to often for business, I am all too familiar with dealing with complaints from customers from time to time. It is most welcoming to receive commendations on our service delivery when our customers see appropriate. Most over look the extraordinary performance as it means having to go out of your way to acknowledge this. For that reason on my recent stay at the Hilton in Ocala Florida I felt it important to note truly extraordinary service and performance by their staff. The first was Brittany in the restaurant. She was extremely professional and accommodating. She made our dining experience most enjoyable. She could not do enough to make our dinner enjoyable with great service and detail. Brittany even so far as to asking the kitchen to accommodate my 94 year old mother in law's request "for just a light sandwich." She could have easily said there are some sandwichs on the dinner menu but she saw that was not the light sandwich Mom was looking for. Brittany is an employee that the hotel should be very proud of. Additionally, Kaitlin at the front desk and Mitchell in the Honors lounge were employees that demonstrated a real desire to make this visit for us a great one with thier service and attention. We have stayed at this hotel a number of times and plan to do so whenever our travel takes us in that direction. My strong suggestion is to enjoy this hotel, staff and all that they have to offer when you can.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Lake Butler, Fl
Reviewed 1 August 2009

My wife and I stayed here for one night just to get away from our house. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff were very courteous and professional. The hotel
eating establishment (Arthur's) was fantastic. Although we did not use any of the hotel's ammenities such as the bar, conference rooms, pool, hot tub, etc. they all appeared to be spectacular. We will definitely stay here again, just to get away.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple