“Great Value On A Hilton!”
Review of Hilton Ocala

Hilton Ocala
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersGold level
wexford
“Great Value On A Hilton!”
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I have stayed at this Hilton many times and it is a great value for the money! Service is always top notch and staff are all friendly and professional!
When I am in the area I will always try to stay here and I have no problem recommending this to friends and colleagues.

1 Thank rudylottie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 3 November 2010

While it is easy access from I75 when you arrive at the hotel you feel like you are in the country with horse farms and serenity. Many of the staff are long-term employees. The staff is well trained and very friendly. The food is delicious. The room is so comfortable that you have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed 3 November 2010

We stayed at this Hilton after one of the late Gator games. Arrived early in the afternoon and got checked in (room not available). Everyone was helpful, polite, and interested in making our stay comfortable. Drove back late after the game and got into our room almost immediately. Very clean, comfortable, definitely made for a relaxing night. Had a nice breakfast the next morning with a very attentive server. Loved, loved the relaxing view in the back. Only wished Buddy had been giving rides earlier...would have enjoyed going around the "country" property. I would highly recommend this hotel to people who want a nice, safe place to spend the night.

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I've travel to Ocala about 4 times a year.Thisis the best Hotel in Ocala to stay at. They are always very friendly and very helpful. Very easy and convient check in and check out process. Rooms are always clean and fresh.

Wish more hotels on my travels were as wonderful.

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 26 October 2010

The good: Convenient location. Lots of shops and restaurants close by. Clean, basic rooms. Staff were polite. Food in the restaurant in the hotel was good. There was a small fridge in the room, despite the website saying otherwise, which was handy. For those of us who sleep with fans, the thermostat had a fan setting. There are conference rooms, but I didn't see those, since my conference was off-site. Room service was very prompt. Check-out was very fast and painless, and they delivered the receipt under the door before I got up. Parking is all free (no valet service), and close by the hotel entrance.

Not so good: I reserved a room overlooking the pool with a king sized bed, and I got a room with two double beds overlooking the tar covered roof below. I'm one person; I don't need or want two beds. Extremely narrow trash cans. The television reverted back to max volume whenever I turned it on, no matter how low I had the volume when I shut it off. This was disturbing, and the front desk said it could not be fixed since it was a "feature" of their tv's. It also took several minutes and poking at remote buttons to get to the tv channels from the hotel menus every time I turned the tv on. The restaurant in the hotel was out of several items, such as potatoes and beef tenderloin. The food was rather expensive. The door to the room had a gap all the way around, not just underneath, so the room was overly bright at night when I was trying to sleep. There was absolutely no soundproofing. I could hear everything the quieter neighbors to the left said and did, much less the screeching child in the room on the other side. No safe in the room. Internet was not free. No free paper, except on my last (Friday) morning. There were supposed to be horses to see behind the hotel, but there weren't any whenever I looked. The equine "theme" touted by other reviews was nothing more than some jerseys and statuary in the lobby and a couple horse pictures in the rooms.

Overall: It was clean, and the staff was nice, but I'm not sure it was worth the price. The rooms and amenities were no different than any other (cheaper) hotel. Maybe I had overly high expectations of the name Hilton, but it wasn't as high end as I expected, except for the prices they charged.

1 Thank nlforrett
HiltonOcala, Front Office Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, 3 November 2010
We are disappointed to hear that your stay was not what you expected. Our staff has been notified of your concerns. Thank you for your feedback and we hope that you give us another opportunity to accommodate you in the future.
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 13 October 2010

My new husband and I came up from South Florida where we were just married that same day. We had planned on stopping at the Hilton Ocala for our wedding night, before proceeding up north to the remainder of our honeymoon. We were lucky enough to get a room, as the place had been booked for that day (and we saw why upon checkin, it was very busy with a convention in town). Our room was very spacious (suite) - Room # 407 with a balcony (which could have used a chair or two out there). However, the only complaint we have is the carpet in the room, which was totally outdated, worn and dirty. It was orange and looked like it was from 1960 (and I think it was), yet the rest of the room seemed up to date, (although some of the furnishings were showing their age and wear and tear too). But, the carpet really "stood out" as something that should have been replaced, but hadn't been. We were scared to walk on it in bare feet! But, with just that one complaint, we were happy with the room overall. I had also been looking forward to a carriage ride with Buddy (being our wedding day and all) but his foot was hurt so he wasn't giving rides that day. We were disappointed. So, we went back to visit him, but he wasn't in the mood for visitors either. Hope he's feeling better now. Lastly, the HIGHLIGHT of our stay was the room service dinner from Arthurs!! It came up very fast and was presented beautifully. I had a filet mignon that melted in my mouth, and my husband had a seared lamb loin with chimichurri sauce that was equally divine!!! Just a perfect romantic in -room dinner!!! Again, it was the highlight. The service we received from the reservation process, to the front desk, to the bar in the lobby, to the room service delivery, was all very professional and friendly. So, again, the only complaint would be to upgrade the carpeting in the room(s).

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank indianakaty
Dear Indianakaty -
First allow me to congratulate you and your husband on your recent wedding. We feel honored to have been your choice while staying in Ocala. Also please accept my apologies about what occurred during your stay with us here at the Hilton Ocala. I personally had a conversation with our GM and Executive housekeeper about this review and we have recently since that discussion had the carpet replaced in your suite. So thank you. I have also informed our Food and Beverage Director and Executive Chef of your compliment of the room service meal you enjoyed while staying with us. Again thank you for all your feedback and for choosing us when in Ocala.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 August 2010

This hotel sticks out on your drive own I-75 through Ocala. It is a distinct pink color, and is a decent sized hotel. It is literally right off the interstate, but, it can be tricky to get to once you get off, as it is down a service road.

The hotel is themed with horses, as Ocala is the hub of Florida's horsing industry. Their a paintings and other artwork about horses throughout the hotel. A cool tidbit is a horse-drawn carriage that is on hotel grounds for patrons to experience. I did not, but you can suspect that it is a fun, little addition to your stay if you want it.

The hotel is nice, with a restaraunt and social lobby bar are adjacent to the lobby. The elevators can be slow at times. The conference area was useful, nothing special. My room was not small, but not big. It was much like any other hotel, clean and useful.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Ocala.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business