“Loved it but won't stay on 1st floor again.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocala
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I have mixed reviews, we stayed 2 different times, coming and going from Disney World. The 1st time was wonderful. The 2nd time was not. We made reservations but upon arrival we were given 1st floor across from fitness room, adjacent to meeting room with the stairs/entry door behind our bed wall. I asked for a different room but only smoking rooms available. I didn't sleep that night due to the noise, the fitness room is open 24hrs and I'm not sure if it was a team or famliy reunion going on but they thought 1am was a great time to workout. I spoke to them. spoke to front desk. I was told "sorry" that's it. I thought I would get a discount off night (I should have been paid to stay there that night) but no discount. We were told "sorry about the noise" when we checked out.

Room Tip: Don't stay on 1st floor!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank lakoria

Reviewed 12 July 2011

Walked in after a 12 hour drive to finish making arrangements for my Dads funeral. As I walk in with my son, neice & nephew; a prostitute walked in with us. Wrong on so many levels. The floors are filthy top to bottom. I wont walk on the carpet without my flipflops on; The room smelled as though a frat party had been thrown in it the night before; the bathroom is digusting with dirty water on the floor as soon as we walked in; the toilet nearly overflowed with one small tissue; theres an inch worth of dust everywhere; the sheets are not clean and the A/C DOES NOT WORK IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER IN FLORIDA! Skip LaQuinta altogether. Im sure Motel 6 would be nicer and much cheaper than this dump. Im complaining to the corporate office in the morning as well as the BBB & health department. And I'll be adding photos since Im a photographer.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Tls67
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My family and I stayed here for a funeral in June. The hotel staff was extremely courteous and helpful with our erratic schedules. They coordinated our block of rooms and made sure that we had a few rooms in between us for privacy. The price was awesome, and it was a good value.

The hotel appeared to be mainly single business travelers, and it was quiet and well kept. The breakfast in the morning was standard middle class hotel fare, with waffles and cereal. The pool was our favorite part - it was larger and deeper than most hotel pools I have seen, and there were umbrella tables and a nice area for family to sit on the pool deck if they didn't want to swim.

We enjoyed not having to worry about unnecessary details while we were in Ocala, and La Quinta made it easy to relax as much as possible.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We had a great stay. The room was clean, the staff was nice, the area was well lit; we would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We stayed for 2 nights and found our room very clean and staff is great! Lots of shopping and places to eat, it is close to 75 but we liked that for easy on and off hwy as we came in and left! Wal-mart was close as well as Kmart and drug stores and gas stations. I saw folks w/ dogs but nothing outside showing me they made a mess near doors or in parking lot. They were painting outside of building and looks nice. We got a great rate for a holiday w/e and i would stay here again!

Room Tip: Book online for best rates
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Stayed here a week due to vehicle problems. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Extra towels provided as requested. Breakfast is a frenzy because of other guests, but staff keeps it well stocked. Overall the room was clean but if your a stickler for details, you won't like it. There's noticeable dust on areas that aren't used often like the back of the TV, tops of electrical plates and headboards. Pool area could use some attention; patio furniture is moldy, umbrellas ripped and moldy. Pool and whirlpool are clean and landscaping is pretty. Quiet except for highway noise. Only one guest clothes washer and dryer available at $1.50 load.
Lots of restaurants within an easy walking distance. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2011

This used to be a great hotel, but time and use is starting to take its toll on the old girl. It is time for a good renovation probelm to bring back the sparkle in her smile. The rooms are large and spacious and the bath rooms are also. But the carpets are not as clean as they could be and the inside of the elevators are just nasty. It is time to get serious about fixing the place up. Parking is also a problem. I was there the night of a big horse show and got the last parking space. The Hilton is next door for he same price. Got to be better La Quinta.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business