“Good interstate travelers hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocala
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We made a last minute stop along the highway at the La Quinta in Ocala. The rate was very competitive and the hotel was very convenient for our trip. It's a nice hotel, but I would not want to stay there for an extended visit. The rooms were comfortable, but you can hear most of the activities above and beside you. The bathroom doors are not very conducive for privacy (almost like cafe style doors with no locks) and the shower had very low pressure. I was also surprised to see a huge number of dogs in the hotel. I'm not sure if that was normal or if they had a show in town, but it did give me some concern about cleanliness--of course, it's perfect if you are traveling with pets! Lastly, all of the staff members I met were incredibly kind and helpful!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We were trying to find a hotel at the last minute driving down to the tip of florida. we were driving late and so we decided to check out the LA QUINTA. When we got in, the woman at the front desk was very kind, sweet, and liked to talk. The staff were nice overall. The location was okay, being right on a busy street. We went out to the outdoor pool and hot tub. We might kind people. The pool was pretty clean, except for a few leaves on the bottom, but there were lots of trees overhead so it would be difficult for the staff to keep up with it. The hot tub was pretty deep, I had to watch my step getting in lol. The room was really good for $105. My only complaint is the bathroom doors had a small crack in the middle, didn't lock, whoever was in the bathroom didn't have lots of privacy. The bedspreads were clean, but were so heavy I almost couldn't get out. The beds were comfy. Nice, decent flat screen TV and a desk with two chairs. The AC worked well. Free breakfast in the hotel. Overall this was a great hotel, except for none of us smoked and had to stay in a smoking room, or a room with one king bed. I would come here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have been traveling to Ocala every month for business and decided to try the La Quinta. Boy was that a mistake. Even though I reserved a non-smoking room due to my asthma, i was told on check in that only smoking rooms were available. So I had to take the room. The hallway to the room reeked of cigarette smoke and the room was not much better. They switched me the next day to a non-smoking room. Besides barking dogs in the hotel, the room was okay except for mold in the bathroom. During the second night in the room, I woke up in the morning covered in bug bites, Whether they were from fleas or bedbugs I do not know. I immediately demanded another room change which they did. Room #3 was free of bugs and needless to say I left the hotel the next morning. I demanded a room credit and the manager did credit me for a night. The breakfast was the typical continental. There were dogs everywhere so this is not a hotel to stay at if you are allergic.m Also parking was difficult.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Frankfort, Kentucky, USA
Reviewed 23 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Stayed here one night on our way to our vacation home in Southern Florida. We travel with a dog so we really appreciate that La Quinta hotels are pet friendly. The hotel is a little tricky to find but very close to the interstate and within walking distance to many restaurants. There was a Basset Hound Rescue BBQ in the area that weekend so there were lots of dogs in the hotel. There was some barking in the parking lot when we arrived ( we were greeted by about 7 Basset hounds!) but never heard any barking in the hotel itself. The hotel grounds were very pretty and well maintained. People did seem to pick up after their pets which I appreciate. Our room was clean and comfortable and quite spacious. Breakfast was adequate but very basic. We would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret A
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We recently spent the weekend at this hotel and were very pleased with the friendliness of the staff and the room was very pleasant and clean. We had our dog with us and he was treated well, also. The location was perfect and close to many restaurants and shopping. The breakfast was nice, too.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends