“Great remodel!”
Review of Courtyard Ocala

Courtyard Ocala
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This one is a safe haven from the super-slab. When the tedium of I-75 has finally worn you down, the recently renovated Courtyard will provide Marriott's high standard in a comfortable setting. The new Bistro look entrance provides ample seating for the light fair offered. If you are looking for a richer dining experience the crossing hwy, SR200 offers every well known chain in American cuisine plus Chinese, Thai, and Indian. A convenient touch screen information portal next to the registration desk can get you to big box shopping, auto service and more. I gotta say, Marriott has put a bit of $ into this rehab and it was worth it. I'd been here several years ago and it was hard to recognize the remodeled interior space. I was there for a conference. Conference space is relatively small, but if that's what you've got, this is ideal.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the far side of the Interstate, I didn't hear a bit of hwy noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mentlflos

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had a pleasant stay at the Marriott, the front desk staff were friendly and very hepfull in guiding me to local spots of interest, my room was comfortable and very clean. I also enjoyed the pool area. Next time I'm in Ocala, The Courtyard will be my spot to rest and re-energize.....

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Arrival and check-in were smooth. Room was nice, and the beds were comfortable and luxurious. We had requested a wheelchair-accessible shower with our room. and was pleased with it. However, the air-conditioning was not working and a quick call to the front desk had a maintenance man at our door within moments. He did some things, reset it, and told us to give it a while to cool down, then left.

We spent almost four hours in the room, sweltering, before I called again, and the front-desk lady, Jennifer, offered to move us to another room. I asked if it had a wheel-chair accessible shower, and was told yes so we agreed to the move. Reaching that room, we found it very cool, but that it only had a regular tub/shower combo and so I called the front desk again. Jennifer was very apologetic, and promised to call me right back. She did, and let us know that the maintenance crew was repairing the AC unit and that we could return to our original room once repairs were finished.

The maintenance man came and got us, explained to us what had happened, and apologized for the inconvenience. He told us to stay and rest in the current room as long as we needed, before coming back to the original room. Upon returning to the original room AC was working fine, and room cooled off very rapidly.

I mention all of this only to point out how exceptional the staff was in handling the issues, and how they at no time expressed exasperation or sense of inconvenience. Jennifer was very on top of things, and the maintenance man was quick and thorough. We were also pleased with the in-lobby Bistro, and the lady there, who was helpful to me when it came time to choose a meal. I am on a strict diet due to liver disease and the lady there (I don't remember her name) was very helpful by answering questions and working with me to settle on a meal suitable for my needs.

All in all, pleased with our stay, and will return again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Living up to Marriott expectations, my rooms was very clean, roomy, and exactly what is was pictured to be. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Parking was excellent, as was the pool area. This is my second time staying here; I will be back!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a balcony room. Not all rooms have a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
James M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear UF Rhonda

Thank you for your kind words about my staff and our Hotel. Our repeat guests quite often quickly become like family and we look forward to your return. Please let us know if we can be of service in any way.

JWM-GM

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I travel to Ocala twice a year to visit my in-laws: June and December. Over the last 12 years, I've stayed at a variety of places and the Courtyard has become the proclaimed winner! With their beautiful lobby re-model, easy access to I-75 and SR-200, and walking distance to several restaraunts - this location has become my "Ocala Home". The rooms are standard Marriott quality, with June being a little humid and the rooms reflect it by no fault of the property manager. I booked a king suite which has a patio that lead right out to the pool, shaded in parts to help keep my daughter's Michigan skin from frying to a crisp. Nice breakfast café (not included) at a VERY reasonable price...under $15 for three people. Hotel staff was very friendly and kind. Main hotel lobby very comfortable for visiting with the family. I won't stay anywhere else now, for the price it just can't be beat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a walk-out patio to the pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
James M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Kcenders,

Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel. We always look forward to our regulars returning to their “Ocala” home while they are traveling. I appreciate your mentioning our beautifully remodeled lobby and I am pleased to inform you that we are in the process of scheduling the rest of the Hotel which will also be getting an entire facelift in the not too distant future. We look forward to your return visit next year, until then thank you again.

JWM-GM

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Our stay at this hotel was about what I expected; the entire Courtyard chain needs a facelift. The lobby has been updated recently with nice tables/chairs, a food bar and many other amenities such as flat panel TVs, etc. However, once you leave the lobby you suddenly realize that you're back in a dated Courtyard hotel, for some reason the leadership team can't see past the lobby. The rooms were OK, however the bathroom needed some work, especially in the shower area and of course the below window AC had its typical noise. In summary, it was a short one night stay and it served its purpose not to mention the location is great which is right next to Interstate 75 with just a short 40 minute drive to Gainesville.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
James M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear G G

Thank you for noticing our beautiful newly upgraded lobby and all the amenities that we offer here at our Courtyard in Ocala. I am pleased to announce that we are already slated to start doing some amazing things to our rooms also.

Like you said, we get a lot of comments from many of our guests about our convenient location to I-75 and especially Gainesville when the Gators are in town.

I must commiserate with you regarding our AC units; this is a concern of every Hotelier that runs a property that is older than 10 -12 years old. Regretfully construction standards were not what they are now when we were built. We are currently looking into the new “Green” AC units to see if they are quieter.

We hope you will still consider us next time you are in town, JWM-GM

Reviewed 23 May 2014

First the good--service of staff and attitude were great. Rooms need work. My broom had black mold growing around the window. Old fashioned individual air con was noisy. Sheets were low quality. Rooms are not soundproof, woke to a crying baby in room next door at 3 am.

• Stayed: May 2014
James M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Chicag0AB

Thank you for the positive comments about my staff. I have to admit I have a great staff; they are always looking for ways to make our guests enjoy their stay and it’s easy to have a great attitude when you enjoy where you work. I commiserate with your comments about the crying baby as a parent we have all had to deal with that issue. We are an older hotel and construction standards regarding soundproofing were not the same then as they are now.

I value your comments about the AC unit and the window problem and would appreciate knowing which room you were in so I can address the issues directly. If you would be so kind as to contact me directly and let me know what room you were in: I would be appreciative.

Respectfully yours, JWM-GM-GNVOC