“If it is too cheap to be true, run you are not getting a deal”
Review of Super 8 Ocala

Super 8 Ocala
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Some where in NY
“If it is too cheap to be true, run you are not getting a deal”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is my first review on TA. I just had to sign up because it was just that bad. The bathtub was green! And that was not even the original color! It had that much mold. The bathroom was so dingy and nasty that I was tempted not to take a shower and risk smelling funky. We booked a non smoking/ queen sized bed room. The front desk said we didn't and refused to give us one. We had driven 16 hrs to get there so we went and got bleach and Lysol trying to make the best of the situation. To say the bed was uncomfortable was an understatement.
The TVs were so old that the words on the screen were fuzzy. No I am not being dramatic. Luckily I had brought my own towels because the towels there was very discolored.
There seems to be a lot of truckers there. So the owners don't care to improve the rooms.
I kept on thinking I would go home with bed bugs or worse! I have stayed at super 8s before never have I had such an experience.
We booked a 4 night non refundable room, after 2 nights we left. I didn't care that I was loosing my money. I checked into another moderate priced hotel for only $20 more a night and I wanted to hug the bed, the carpet, etc.
The only good part of staying here was the free wifi. Even that was bad because it was not secured or password protected. I just pray that my poor computer does not get a virus.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
OcalaSupereight, General Manager at Super 8 Ocala, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for staying at our Super 8.
We certainly regret the list of problems you encountered while you were here, our records do show that you were refunded by the third party agency for the unused nights.

We also do not have any record of these concerns.
It is our hope that you give us another chance to meet your lodging needs, and please do let us know if there is something not to your satisfaction, and give us a change to make it right.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Poor service at the desk. Rooms old and in rough shape, didn't feel clean.

• Stayed January 2012

Travellers are raving about these Ocala hotels

New Boston
Reviewed 25 October 2011

When I pay under $50 a night I don't expect much more than a clean room and a decent bed. The bed was fine, the bathtub was not. Before I ran water for a bath I pulled up the tub mat to check under it. It was a disgusting mess of old soap scum and mold. We've stayed at Super 8s in various states and never had a problem but we won't stay at this one again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
OcalaSupereight, Manager at Super 8 Ocala, responded to this review, 31 October 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for bringing this loose bathtub mat to our attention. I has been replaced, and our housekeeping staff has made it a priority to ensure all rooms are sparking clean.
We apologise for your experience, and hope you will return
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Fixtures were old and rusty, there was a hole in the roof in the shower, walls were cracking, carpet was dirty. The place is old and falling apart. "Non-smoking" room smelled like smoke and air freshener. Bed was very hard and uncomfortable, but at least the bedding was clean. Continental breakfast was REALLY lame. Certainly not worth $50 a night .................

Room Tip: Go somewhere else..............................
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Seminole, Florida, United States
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We had a group of 30 plus that pre booked our rooms - they under sold 3 of our rooms and did not tell us, we requested only non smoking and they gave us 8 of the 10 smoking rooms, the rooms were not clean, bathrooms were very dirty, room keys did not work on half the rooms. And the manager was very rude, considering we were 10 of his 90 rooms in the hotel he could have been polite. 6 members of our group had to find another hotel because he did not hold enough of our rooms or because the smoking rooms were that bad!!! NEVER AGAIN will we do business wit this Super 8.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $20 or $30 and stay at another hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for the 10 room booking that you group made with us, and we are pleased that we were able to accomodate your 3 extra rooms at our sister hotel next door. A special event had all the rooms in Ocala booked, so this was lucky.

We certainly hope to see you the next time you are in Ocala.
Sc
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Yes the place is older & in need of a good makeover but all & all not bad. For the price is it fabulous.

I found it to be clean and the ameneties adequate. The staff was friendly & very accomadating.

My 1st room was unacceptable due to some beer drinking rednecks grilling in the parking space in front of my room with a barking dog tied onto a chain. Worse was they wanted to chat me up. Afer a long road trip I am not in the mood to talk to anyone.My room was changed immeditely to a very quiet part of the motel. It seems as if there are a few live in's there maybe out of state worker types. Several truckers seemed to call this place home for a stop over.
The pool is nice & clean & considering proximity to the interstate not noisy at all.

Very pet friendly, with the cheapest rate going for pets. Now if the pet owners would just clean up after their dogs & NOT tie them outside they may keep the rates low. Of course, I am of the mind there should be no fee unless the owners aren't mindful of their dog's behavior. In 2011 the # of people traveling with pets is about equal to those traveling with children most places allow children free. Yet pets don't use the resources kids do & most times aren't near as annoying or destructive.
Give this place a try if you want a decent room for a night or 2. Bring Fido & don't forget to clean up after him.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the back or interstate side unless you want to grill out & party
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank courser
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 August 2011

First of all, let me stay that the economy in Cen Florida has been ravaged. This area has empty storefronts everywhere. Hotel prices in this area are dropping like a rock. Unfortunately, so is the upkeep at this hotel. My favorite room is still quite comfortable. I remain content with that. The bed is still good and the internet connection is still complete. However, the upkeep of the property is wayyyy lacking. Starting to attract questionable characters. The grass is high, etc.
One thing that I should post is that if you choose your lodges by the continental breakfast offered, you may want to steer clear of this place. "It's lacking" is an understatement. It's cereal, bananas, boiled eggs, bagels, plastic wrapped muffins, orange juice and there may be a waffle iron. And the the free coffee ain't real good. Anyway, I'll continue to stay at least once a month until I no longer can tolerate the short comings.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business