“Staff is welcoming....room terrible.”
Review of Quality Inn Ocala

Quality Inn Ocala
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Cape Coral
“Staff is welcoming....room terrible.”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Mold on the ceiling of bathroom - due to exhaust fans not installed in the bathroom. Bed sheets had long black hairs (a lot) between the sheets although no one in our family has black hair.....I read all the reviews before booking this hotel. I am not certain which room the other "review travelers" stayed at because my room was not clean and pleasant. Staff did refund $20. off the bill....which was nice but still over priced for the condition of the room and the lack of sleep due to the worry of what else we were sleeping on.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kim S
FLC42, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Ocala, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Kim S:

On behalf of the entire team at the Quality Inn, I would like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations. I have shared this review with my housekeeping and maintenance department and we are currently handling this unfortunate situation. I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We had the pleasure of staying here for one night on our way to southern Florida.
We were greeted with a smiling staff member .She made us feel welcome and thanked us for
choosing to stay with them.After showing them our Choice Rewards card we were upgraded
to a very nice room.So nice that we were ready to stay here longer .Nice beds very clean.
Great hot breakfast .Service beyond the expected.We would highly recommend this inn.
Would stop there again and again.Keith I

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate 75
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
FLC42, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Ocala, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Keith I:

Thank you for the great review about our hotel! I'm glad that you really enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The staff at this location is Amazing! The rooms are clean and roomy as well as modern. We were not there on pleasant circumstances (loved one in Hospice @ Legacy House) and our stay was the duration of over 2 weeks and during Christmas and New Year’s. Everyone was very compassionate with us and aware and concerned pertaining to our situation. Christine is completely AMAZING as well as well as the Pamela’s, whom treated our son with so very much kindness as well as compassion and we feel as if they were family and look forward to seeing them again of course with better circumstances. The FREE Breakfast is OUTSTANDING; the attendants of the kitchen are also very wonderful as well! If you EVER need to stop in Ocala I HIGHLY suggest this location. Even if you want to get away from the Hustle and Bustle the countryside is close to this as well. We enjoyed our time with them and promise to always come back to stay at this location!

Room Tip: rooms 102 through 112 are 2 rooms suites and I HIGHLY suggent if traveling with a child.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
FLC42, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Ocala, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Andrea and family:

From ALL the staff at the Quality Inn Ocala thanks for the great comments about our hotel and staff! You guys are truly amazing! I'm glad you chose to stay with us even though you weren't here on pleasant circumstances. May your family find peace knowing the memories that you guys shared will linger on forever. We look forward to having you again and again in the near future!

Christine Edwards
Ontario
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This hotel is just far enough away from I-75 that you don't have to worry about any highway noise. The rooms are quite nice but if you want a micro/fridge room make sure that you choose that as the standard rooms don't have them. They do charge an extra $4/night for them. All the rooms are outside access as well. The only complaint about the room is that the bathroom sink/counter is a stand alone & is quite deep so you can't get real close to the mirror. The breakfast has a good variety: all the usuals + apples, oranges, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy and yogurt.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The employees are so customer oriented it catches you by surprise. Our first night here, we were rewarded for our Choice Rewards membership with a two-room suite. It was incredible! Two identical spaces seperated by French doors, one a spacious bedroom, and the other a livingroom with a wet bar, table and 4 chairs, sofa and upholstered chair, and a massive closet. Seperate heat/cooling controls, too Teriffic! The breakfast room off the lobby was large enough to serve everyone, and breakfast was great. Very clean, very quite, and comfy bed. We lov this place!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsMarx
FLC42, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Ocala, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
MrsMarx:

Thank you for your recent stay with us! I would also like to thank you for all the great comments about our staff and I'm glad you enjoyed your suite. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Ocala!
fairmont, WV, United States
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This hotel has the friendliest people from the desk clerk to the laundry personal to the house cleaning staff to the Maintenance. I cannot say enough about this hotel..should be given the gold seal of approval from Choice hotels. I have stayed in at least 150 hotels this year. I would know. The management was so helpful. VERY clean rooms, very reasonable rates for the quality. I stayed their 3 different times before I wrote this review. I will always stay there when in Florida. You cannot go wrong with this place. Thank you for having such a wonderful staff..makes road travel so much easier!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
FLC42, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Ocala, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Marlinda D!!!!

I'm glad that you really enjoyed our hotel and staff. You have such a great personality and we enjoy every time you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Ocala.
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

From check in to checking out was a great stay. My favorite hotel in Ocala Fl. It is always clean, Fresh baked cookies in lobby nightly. Nice selection for breakfast. I recommend this hotel to all my friends & co workers. The price is very reasonable as well.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mrskerrdog
Mrskerrdog:

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and our evening milk and cookies! I would also like to thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Ocala.