Holiday Inn Express - Ocala Midtown Medical - US 441
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Edgewater, Florida
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My boyfriend and I came into Ocala to do some cave diving, and needed a place tso tay. It was a football game weekend, but not only did Holiday have a great room for us, the price wasnt bad either. The room was spotless, chic and comfy. The continental breakfast was one of the best we have had- fresh pancakes, hot eggs, hot cinnamon rolls and french toast, plus cold cereals, etc. The pool was nice too. Not a super flashy place and yes, the tv remotes are pretty slow, but for the price the comfort, the cleanliness, and friendliness of the staff were top notch. We will be back!

Room Tip: The 'main floor' that you enter on is the second floor, choose the third floor so you dont h...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lecanto, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I was very disappointed in this hotel stay. Its is not a new holiday inn express. Its a renewed hotel. Very old and out of date. Bathroom was small, old tv, and the AC didn't work well. We left the room for 30 minutes and had ants all in our drinks which were closed. For the same amount of money you can go 5 miles down the street and get the new up to date holiday inn express by high I-75. I stay at holiday inns all the time , this had to have been the worst i have stayed at.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank sarah930
Ga.
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Our trip was planned around the Ocala Forest, this hotel is located right in the middle of the Ocala Forest parks. Hotel was easy to find, located in nice part of town. Front desk staff are very friendly and helpful, they gave us local maps to help us find are way around the state forest parks. Hotel is in perfect shape, exterior looks great and is well taken care of, inside is flawless H.K. and maintenace does a great job. Same with the rooms, very clean and well taken care of, beds are really comfortable. I stayed in room 324, nice views and quiet. Breakfast was really nice, lots to chose from. Breakfast attendant was very nice and kept eveything fresh and clean. What a nice touch to offer a great breakfast. General manager should be proud of their staff , they care and it shows. We will be staying with you again, when we return to finish exploring Ocala National forest. Must see is, Hopkins prairie , ask for a Local Forest Map, part of the fun is finding these places. Take a lunch with you, the views are incredible...

Room Tip: Very quiet location
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 27 May 2011

My husband and I decided we were going to stay one night at the Holiday Inn Express in Ocala and one night at the Holiday Inn Express in Silver Springs. Then when we got to this hotel we were thinking of staying there for the two nights. This was on May 23rd, 2011 around 3pm.

I really wish we had just gone on to the one in Silver Springs.

First, the clerk was okay, we explained we wanted to look at the hotel room first and see the pool area. We were scoping the place out for potential future visits with our 3 1/2 year old. We had stayed at a hotel before where the pool area was unsafe, dirty and had security issues.

The location of the hotel is okay, it is further away from the interstate but we knew that since we had researched it beforehand. The hotel is somewhat dated but that is not so bad as they really keep it clean and safe. Very nice!

My issues were raised when we told the hotel clerk that we were staying here tonight and the one in Silver Springs the next night. She was like "Well we treat you like family here why would you want to stay at THAT one." I was a little taken back that she would speak that way about another Holiday Inn Express Hotel. As she was checking us in we decided to go with being Priority Club Reward Members. She told us that the room was going to be $109 and I must have looked at her like "No way!" She says "Oh I am going to give you two a discount since you are becoming Reward Members, I don't do this for just anyone."
I did not buy it, she seemed so fake and I knew that the $109 was way out there.

When we went to our room, I went right away to check and see how much I would have to pay for that night. I could get it for $82 when she claimed it was $109 and she was doing us such a favor and giving us the room for $85.

We had been thinking of staying for two nights until we saw that. Then what really got me upset was getting home on May 25th, 2011 and finding that I had THREE charges pending on my credit card and NONE matched the receipt I had. I called up the hotel, I spoke to some lady. She looked at it and she tells me that she shows that she has at least one charge (which matched my receipt which was $91.80) but I had three charges, $105.57, $101.52 and $101.52. One of the charges was made to my credit card on May 23rd and we had only checked in that day. She tells me that ONLY their General Manager Richard Albrecht could look into this (as it was a billing issue) and that he has been out for 1 1/2 weeks but that he should be back on May 26th. I did ask it their corporate offices could handle this and she said no they could not and would NOT give me a phone number for them. So she would transfer me and for me to leave him a voice mail and that I should give him until after 3pm on May 26th or 27th because he'll have a lot of voice mails since he has been gone for 1 1/2 weeks. I was transferred twice and each time I was disconnected instead of getting his voice mail. So I decided to call the 1-800 number any way and I told them I needed someone in billing. I got Jeremy. I explained the situation to him. He tells me that even if their General Manager is out there should always be someone else to handle this and that could look into it. So he does what he can on his end, gives me a case number and told me to give them at least 48 hours to get ahold of me about the three pending charges. Well, first the two $101.52 charges were taken off by 5-26 in the morning but the $105.57 charge was still there and when I looked again this afternoon that was gone and now I had the charge of $91.80 that did go through which is what our receipt was for. No one bothered to let us know that this was taken care of though.

The whole experience left a bad feeling! Quoting us a $109 charge when it was $82 and acting like you gave us such a deal giving us a room for $85. Saying that the other Holiday Inn Express doesn't treat customers like family and why would we even want to stay there (said it in such a nasty tone and with a sneer). Then the whole billing fiasco, not giving us the 1-800 when we asked, telling us that someone who has been gone for 1 1/2 weeks is the only one who can look into billing issues, etc....

BTW, we went to the other hotel and they gave us a room with a jacuzzi bathtub & shower for $84 and they never acted like they were giving us a discount when it was not. When we told them that we stayed at this hotel they never bad mouthed your hotel either.

Stay there, the hotel itself is really quaint and secure. The rooms are nice. The front counter clerk on 5-23 though, well don't lie to the customers and don't bad mouth your sister hotel with such nastiness. We plan on now coming about 2 or 3 times a month (for the next year) and staying 1 or 2 nights and getting TWO rooms since we have season passes to some parks. Now we'll be staying at the other Holiday Inn Express where Karla the front counter clerk really was the professional all around. They'll be getting our business and that of our other family members who will be coming with us.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank amberskye82
Charleston
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We didn't realize the hotel was a good ways from Interstate 75 (we were tired and must have looked over reviews of a different hotel and mistakenly didn't book one close to the interstate highway). We weren't recognized as Priority members and the staff wasn't friendly on our arrival. The room was fine, and clean. We stay at Holiday Inn Expresses often and this was the first one we had seen a pancake maker at breakfast, which was different and nice. Also, compliments to the woman in charge of breakfast...she was friendly and checked on us often. Check-out women was snippy with me when I asked for a receipt as we left.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Clean and modern looking place. Had a group of 12, and check in and out was expedient. Fairly expensive.

• Stayed April 2011
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 10 February 2011

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and was very satisfied both times. The hotel has recently been redecorated and the room was very nice. There is plenty of free parking, unlike some of the hotels along the busy SR200/I75 corridor. The staff at the front desk were all very friendly and helpful. The hot breakfast was great, especially the fantastic cinnamon rolls! The wifi signal was good and I was grateful for the scanner and printer in the lobby for guest use. This hotel is conveniently located if you are visiting hospital patients and/or residents on the central/eastern side of the city.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple