“Close to everything in Ocala”

Holiday Inn Express - Ocala Midtown Medical - US 441
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Excellent location and friendly staff. The moring breakfast was pretty good. The hotel was clean and our rooms were cleaned nicely. The front desk staff was very helpful in advising us as to what to see and do in Ocala and surrounding areas.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
GMOcala H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Ocala Midtown Medical - US 441, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

It is with sincere appreciation that we express to you our gratitude for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us a detailed and wonderful review. Thank you so much for inspiring us to continually seek excellence by appreciating all our efforts to give our valued guests the best service like no other hotel can. We are delighted to hear that your experience with us was a good and comfortable one. Please know that we are truly committed into giving you an excellent service as well as give you the best value for your money. The appreciation you gave pertaining to the excellent location, the friendly staff as well as the overall cleanliness is indeed heart-warming. We hope to welcome you back here on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

we stayed at this hotel sept 6th for 1night a lady called Sonny was at the front desk well this lady is a treasure we asked her countless questions about directions and even had to go back as we got it wrong but she was cheerful and helpful all the time. The room we had was beautifully clean and the pool was lovely I had it to myself which was an added bonus will definatlly go back if we are in the Ocala area we are a couple of English seniors and love all things American ESPECIALLY HELPFUL SONNY!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
GMOcala H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Ocala Midtown Medical - US 441, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

We wish to express our sincere gratitude for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us a wonderful review. Please know that this is of great help to us for we always want to hear the voice of our valued guests to gauge our overall performance. Thank you so much for taking notice of the room cleanliness, the pleasant and helpful staff, as well as the comfort you felt with regards to the accommodation in total. Our goal is to give excellent service and we always work hard to make each guest feel that we are committed into going above and beyond our call of duty to achieve that. Thank you for expressing the interest for a return visit. We couldn't wait to be of service to you again very soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel while venturing 'to and fro' while peregrinating to Key West and our subsequent return.
Proved very affordable, clean and a delightful complimentary breakfast.
Most highly recommended to all 'weary travelers' !!!

Room Tip: somewhat off the highway but, patience, and you'll soon locate the property !!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
GMOcala H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Ocala Midtown Medical - US 441, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Your faith and trust in our ability to serve you well means so much to us, thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing to us your overall appreciation. Your heart-warming feedback pertaining to the entire experience and the notice you gave for the reasonable price, the cleanliness and the delightful breakfast offered truly inspires us. You can be assured that we will work hard to maintain all the positive feedback you mentioned, for we are committed to giving you the best service there is we can offer. We couldn’t wait to be of service to you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This Holiday Inn should be condemned. The first room we were checked into was on the first floor and it had mold growing up the side of the entertainment center. We asked for a room on a higher floor hoping that the damp, musty, moldy smell would not exist on a higher floor. Not so! The room looks clean so it's hard to tell where the smell is coming from....A/C filters not being changed??? Carpet shampooed but the water not extracted so mold grew in the pad??? If that were the only problem, it would be enough not to stay here. However, there are two ice machines and neither of them work. The toilet rocks back and forth like a ride at Disney. The sink stopper is missing and the tub doesn't drain. What a horrible experience.

Room Tip: There is no good room in this hotel. We have tried four different rooms. We travel a lot and can n...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Joni H

Thank you for making the effort of giving us your detailed feedback following your recent stay with us. It is however disheartening to hear that we fell short in giving you our goal of service, and we sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you had to go through. We wish to let you know that there will be an escalation of this issue; furthermore we will conduct meticulous room inspection so that we may correct the issues you raised with regards to the needed repairs of our facilities and amenities as well as the cleanliness and the room smell of the accommodation in total. Your comments will be highly utilized to ensure that certain areas will not be overlooked and the future occurrence of such incident will be prevented. We hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel because it was right across the street from Munroe Regional Hospital where my mother was undergoing surgery. Sonny at the front desk was spectacular at check-in. Upgraded my room as per my platinum elite status. The room
Was clean, newer furnishings and overall nice. The A/C was a bit loud but anyone who travels to Florida in the summer knows, they don't turn off until October. I actually turned the A/C off and cycled on the heat to remove the humidity from the room. Best thing you can do to remove any smells from humid air. I have to travel down to Ocala again and I will stay here again. The neighborhood did look a bit sketchy but I had no issues.

• Stayed: August 2013
GMOcala H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Ocala Midtown Medical - US 441, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

We truly bank on giving our guests the best service they deserve and we ensure that we go above and beyond what is needed, for you to notice and appreciate all our hard work is indeed heart-warming and very inspiring. Thank you for making the effort to share to us your valuable feedback. We couldn’t be more pleased to know that we are doing a great job in making our guests happy. Thank you for the points you raised regarding the air conditioner, this matter will not go unnoticed and we will surely find ways to address it without delay. We certainly hope that we could be of service to you again very soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I had the most wonderful experience at a hotel in Ocala. Delightful staff, clean wonderful room heck even the weather was great.

I cannot say more about the staff at the hotel. The housecleaning staff greeted me with good morning, how are you? The room was super clean, well decorated.

I love this hotel. It has become my favorite in Ocala, will never stay anywhere else unless of course the place us booked up, which would not surprise me in the least. This hotel is that good.

I travel alot, about 80% of my work time, so I appreciate a good value when I see it, and I saw it here.

Thanks to all my new friends at this hotel!!!! Keep up the super job.

You all are a blessing to the weary traveler.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

The comfort and satisfaction of our valued guests means so much to us, and to be able to ensure it without fail is our primary goal. We truly appreciate the time and the effort you gave to share to us your positive experience. To hear that we have served you well is rewarding enough for us already. Thank you for expressing the desire to stay with us again. We wish to let you know that your heart-warming feedback regarding the customer service and the overall accommodation, serves as an inspiration for us to further excel in the delivery of our services. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

A rash, smoky towels and chunky milk?!?!?

I'm completely disappointed in my recent stay at this hotel. We arrived late at night after 17 hours on the road and really didn't need much - just a bed, shower and nice breakfast. When we first arrived in Ocala, we were immediately concerned with the location of the hotel. It appeared to be in a run-down neighborhood with an elevated potential for criminal activity. We parked our van in the best-lit spot we could find, but still felt uneasy.

The person working the front desk couldn't have been nicer or more efficient. She checked us in quickly and gave us a bag with a bottle of water and cookies. As we walked to our room, we noticed the hotel had a low-quality feel to it, and had an odor one might expect from a cheap hotel. When we got to the room, we noticed right away how loud the A/C unit was. However, since we were so tired, I convinced my family that we wouldn't have any trouble sleeping and chose not to ask for a new room. I regret that decision, since most of us found it very difficult to sleep.

When we woke in the morning, my daughter had a rash of some kind on her cheek - the same side she was sleeping on. She's never had anything like that, so we can only assume it somehow came from the pillow. The rash went away after a couple days. Additionally, the towels had a funny smell to them - possibly smoke.

One thing we really appreciate from Holiday Inn Express is the free breakfast, but this proved to be the absolute worst part of our stay. We arrived a few minutes before the official start time and, although certain items were already out, the person working told us rudely that we needed to sit down and wait until she put everything out - so we wouldn't be in her way. After we waited a few more minutes, she told us it was OK to proceed. I got myself a cup of orange juice and noticed a bug in it. Since the cups were stacked upside down, I can only assume it wasn't in there when I took it off the stack, and that it must have come out with the juice. When my daughter poured a carton of milk on her cereal, she noticed it was chunky. I thought at first it was frozen, so I poured mine. Same thing, and I confirmed it wasn't frozen, but actually chunky. It was difficult to not get sick right there at the thought of drinking/eating it. What if I had simply drank from the carton?!?! I found the person working in the back room and told her about the milk. Her response was not at all what I expected. It was something to the effect of... "Someone else said the same thing. I'm not sure why, since the date on the carton is still a few days away." There was no attempt at an apology, no attempt to make things better, and incredibly, no attempt to remove all the milk. That's when I rounded up my family and left.

On the way out, my son told me his cinnamon roll was moldy. Unfortunately, by that time, I had no way to verify that. As we passed the front desk, the person working (different from the previous night) made no attempt to say good bye or thank you, even though she wasn't helping anybody else and even made eye contact with us. I thought about raising my concerns with her at that point, but honestly felt they would fall on deaf ears.

Holiday Inn Express is our first choice when we travel. We thought we knew what we could expect with each one. On our return trip, our stay in Metropolis IL was perfect - just what we've come to expect. However, based on the Ocala experience, I'll need to be more careful in the future and will need to consider other options. My confidence has been shaken, which is truly unfortunate.

When I returned home, I filed a complaint with the Holiday Inn Express corporate office. It took them 19 days to respond (they said it could take up to 21) and when they did, they simply thanked me for bringing it to their attention and said they would forward it to the hotel's general manager. Are you serious?!?!? That's it?!?!?

Update 7/3/13: Holiday Inn credited my Priority Club acocunt with 15,000 points. It's a nice gesture that goes a long way to restoring my faith in them.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Ocala Midtown Medical - US 441, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Kevin A,