“Good Overnight stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocala
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed 8 January 2014

A great member of the Marriott chain - after a three hour delay on I-75 (don't even ask) and a long drive in the pouring rain, this hotel was a welcomed sight to both my wife and I. The staff was friendly, check-in was a breeze and the room was really comfortable. Beds were great, and we had a great overnight experience. Morning breakfast was good and then back to I-75.

One thing you might want to do is ask for a room in the rear - not facing the highway.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We like this Fairfield. The clerk recognized us as being Gold members and they were going to give us an upgrade but their upgraded rooms are by the Interstate. We have stayed there before and asked for a quiet room away from the road. Last year we stayed by the road and it was pretty quiet but we didn't want to take a chance. The breakfast was really good. The scrambled eggs were fresh and tender and the home fries with sausage, peppers and onions were pretty good too. The tv channel list did not correspond with what actually was on. When we asked for an updated list we were told they just had an upgrade and the cable company had not provided the lists. I don't know why Marriott properties don't have a TV channel guide showing what's on.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stopped unexpectedly due to excessive traffic on I-75 and found the location right off the highway convenient. The room was large,but the bathroom tiny . The TV had a narrow channel selection with many analog channels and the HD was out (said to be a cable outage).Marriot chain needs to improve TV IF THIS CHAIN WANTS TO ATTRACT THE HILTON crows.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We were supposed to stay at the LaQuinta down the road but that is a whole other story I will talk about in their review. After getting out of that mess, we found this place. We were staying here with friends. Fairfield had a King room with sofa and desk and chair. IT also had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. It was a really nice room with all the fixings! The staff members I talked to were all very nice and friendly. My only complaint about the room is when we first walked in it was very damp in the air. It was almost like the AC had been on forever and it made it mildew smell. It was fine once we walked in and turned off the AC for a bit. The bed was oh so comfortable and the shower and bathroom was clean. We would definitely stay here again. I saw other reviews that said it was noisy or loud. I did not encounter any of that while staying on a Saturday night. Our room faced the parking lot and around the corner from the elevator and I never heard any racket!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I went down to Ocala Florida on Saturday 10/26/2013 to see the Ocala Pumpkin Car Show. Now I could have seen the show and returned home just 2 1/2 hours away. But I decided to stay the night once I found a price I could live with. And the Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocala had a rate of $99.00 + Tax = $106.92 I went to the car show early and left to drive over to my hotel to see if I could check in. It was 2pm I believe check in was 3pm but instead of calling I wasn't very far from the hotel I just drove over. And once inside at the front desk I asked if my room was ready. And after a call on a walkie talkie. My room was ready I had asked for a high floor facing the busy I-75 Interstate? Like I told the young lady at the front desk "I would rather have a view of something then of nothing." She had no problem giving me the room. She said most customers ask for rooms not facing I-75. Once inside my room I looked around the room and went over to the A/C and turned it on I looked out the window at my view of I-75 and enjoyed it seeing the vehicles driving South & North on I-75 in Florida. I then put some bottle sodas in the small refrigerator which was one of the problems it didn't seem very cold? So I looked for it's controls and saw something I really couldn't make out as a temp control but I turned it anyway. I then got ready to use the tub after walking for hours around the car show. I needed a good soak. The hotel had a pool & whirlpool but they were outside. Now I'm 6'3 250 pounds and the tub was small but I made do. Now whats weird when I showered the next morning I saw some stains in which I didn't cause the day before it looked like dry blood or something from the tile work that was done in 2012 when this hotel was remodeled? I didn't tell the front desk about my small problems this is what TripAdvisor is for. The only problems I had with other guests is some felt they had to slam their doors. And a couple of older guys that were showing their cars at the Ocala Pumpkin Car Show decided that Sunday morning 10/27/2013 at 7:30am it would be best to let their engines warm up in their old cars for about Ten Minutes? I didn't call the front desk for this problem also. When I was sleeping I didn't hear I-75 North or South the whole night. But I could sure hear the old cars warming up. I went down for the breakfast that came with the hotel rate and it had a lot of choices. I toasted some bread and had a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. I also had a hard boiled egg and a coffee cake muffin. Once back in my room I went to get my last soda in the refrigerator. I was dripping with water and warm these little refrigerators some times are very bad. If I would have been staying longer I would have brought my own cooler and used the ice from the hotel to make my drinks cold. Checking out wasn't a problem and i had till Noon but left around 10:30am. I would stay at this Fairfield Inn & suites Ocala again, like I said the problems I had were small.

Room Tip: Unless you sleep light I-75 isn't that loud. Check your refrigerator first off if you plan to us...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here because the first 3 hotels we stopped @ were full. The room was clean and comfortable, but the sink/mirror area was small. Only room enough for one person at a time to brush teeth, makeup, hair etc. Not sure if we stayed in an updated section or not, because even with ear plugs we heard people walking up and down the hallways all night and some dull roar, which turned out to be the ice machine down the hall. I couldn't get the 'free" internet to work, spoke to desk about it once and was told that I was probably entering the code incorrectly and I needed to use 20+ alphanumerical code. After trying numerous times it was still a no go, so I gave up. The free breakfast was tasty and a nice surprise.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My son and I stayed here last weekend after the Gator game. The hotel was pleasantly up to date. The staff was polite and accommodating. Having elite platinum status with Marriott, we were automatically upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite, which was nice. We will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family