“Musty But Trusty” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Venice, Florida
“Musty But Trusty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2009

Pulled off I-75 late and needed some sleep upon getting off the eleavator I also noticed the smell ,in my room they had a bathroom deoderizer on the wall.

The carpet was also dirty and either needed a good cleaning or needed to be replaced, I skipped breakfast I usally do when you have to eat with a full house.

Not up to snuff with the Marriott standards

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Southern California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2008

Excellent staff, great location and nice hotel. We stayed for one night and the hotel was great. Only complaint was that the hallway and room smelled like Mold and Mildew. Not bad for one night, but if you had to stay there a few nights, it might make you uncomfortable. Breakfast was good -- it had fruit, waffles, and the usual fare.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Smell of mold and mildew
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2008

The staff here is un touchable. They were ncie and friendly from the moment we walked through the door. While I was at a meeting my wife got locked out of the room and they were able to call and make sure that she was able to go in. But not just telling her no and helping her went a long way. Even on checkout the Manager was so nice. I look forward to my next trip to Ocala.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank MMPower
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2007

I have been staying at this hotel nearly every other week for the past 2 years. I have stayed at other hotels in Ocala, but have decided to make the Fairfield Inn my home away from home for the following reasons:

First & foremost- the Staff. They are all extremely friendly, particularly the maintenance men & housekeepers. Every time I stay there they greet me and ask me how my stay is going. I have stayed in hotels all over the U.S., and have been a repeat visitor to many, and I've never had the staff be as cordial as they are here.

Secondly- consistency. My room is always clean and comfortable. The breakfast choices are good and more than what I've experienced at some Fairfields: breakfast sandwich biscuits, waffles, etc.

Third- Value. It is fairly priced for what is offered. You get breakfast, free hi-speed internet, free parking, etc.

I will continue to stay here when I travel to Ocala and would recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — Service
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank Trockie
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2007

This is a super excellent hotel, well above expectations. We booked in there because I had a Marriott certificate for one room and paid for the other room. I must say that it was a pleasant surprise. Everything was excellent! You can not go wrong with this property!

• Liked — Super property!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
Festus, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2007

Stayed here for only one night. We are "Fairfield Veterans." In other words, this is usually the first chain we look into when making plans to stay overnight. This was an average Fairfield Inn. Excellent security....an officer manned the front entrance so we felt very secure. The room was average, the cleanliness was decent. The front desk was cordial, but not overly friendly. The breakfast was very good, but the eating area was relatively small. We were one of the first to get in there, but then a mass of people streamed in constantly and folks were looking for a place to sit.

We've stayed in better Fairfields, but we've stayed in much worse. We would stay here again if we needed to.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2007

My husband and I stayed here one night in March of this year. We had a great stay then and decided to get away for Memorial Day weekend. Our first room was near the elevator. We asked if we could move to a area with less foot traffic. They agreed without hesitation and moved us to a quieter section of the hotel.

The room was adequate in size and came with FREE high speed internet. We did have to use a cord and if we brought it back we would not be charged. The bed (king size) is older and sat close to the ground. The linens were clean and the bathroom was amply stocked with towels and supplies.

The free continental breakfast was the usual fare, cereal both hot and cold, bagels, pastries, etc. The highlight is the waffle maker. There was a line but worth the wait. There are many restaurants nearby, a Stake and Shake, KFC and Dunkin Donuts within walking distance. Across the street there was a Burger King and shopping center.

The hotel is right off the interstate I-75 but we didn't hear any highway noise. We would stay here again if in the Ocala area.

• Liked — The free internet
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple