“Just not very clean”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocala
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Better bargains elsewhere. Staff was friendly enough but obviously not busy enough. As overall cleanliness of hotel was lacking and several mechanical items were broke (ice machine, door locks and toilet).

Basically the hotel needs updating and hire a new staff that is more hospitable to the traveling public. Left with the feeling that we were a bother...

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank rcmojo

Reviewed 26 October 2010

This is usually the last night on the road before we reach our home in southern Florida. It is a very comfortable hotel with a good hot breakfast in the morning. We have never beem disappointed.

After we check in we go to our favorite Mexican restaurant nearby.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2010

We needed a one night place to stay on our drive from Dallas to Disneyworld. After calling several places listed in a coupon book, we decided to call the Fairfield Inn because my husband can get Marriott points for staying. The woman on the phone, LaDonna, was very helpful, looked up my husband's Marriott rewards information and said she had the two rooms we needed and we could get them for the coupon rate of $59. I asked her to hold the rooms while I called the other hotel and canceled our guaranteed late arrival reservation (It was 5:45 so I needed to hurry!) She agreed. I quickly cancelled my other reservation and called LaDonna back. She cheerfully booked our rooms. We arrived shortly thereafter, and had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We came here 4th of July weekend to explore the coast and visit the Appleton Museum. We decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn. We were surprised at how fresh the building looks for being nearly ten years old.
George Steinbrenner is the owner - and his fingerprint shows . There is display case of Yankee items for sale!
The service was great ..... I seemed to have numerous requests, faxes to send etc and they did it all cheerfully.
I am light sleeper, and had the BEST nights sleep in a while. We stayed on the 3rd floor, so maybe the rooms are less used, but they seemed quite new. Not all rooms have fridge, so make sure your's does - it that is important.

The Fairfield has one on the best breakfast bars for a mid-level hotel. Quite complete!
"Nancy" the food Ambassador, from New York, did a great job of keeping the items stocked, with a full-house of hungry guests. I had placed two hard boiled eggs in a breakfast bowl, and while talking with her, I emptied my instant oatmeal packet unto it.
She asked me if that's how I always ate my eggs!? I laughed and said "It is today."
She quickly rinsed off my eggs, and got me a new oatmeal packet.

The ONLY complaint we had, is that for a three story hotel with over 50+ rooms, they only provide ONE SMALL elevator. Checking out on a weekend, it was a bit overtaxed, and the stairwells are at the far end of each wing.
This is a great hotel, and one we were glad to have chosen.

KUDOS FAIRFIELD of OCALA !

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blazer_Guy
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Stopped in here on the way to Disney world. Great place to stay, friendly staff. Excellent continental breakfast. Definately will return on future trips to Florida.

Reviewed 31 March 2010

We were siteseeing in Ocala and ended up staying three nights. Clean, comfortable, very nice staff, good breakfast. Several restaurants within walking distance, just about every casual restaurant within minutes.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2010

I stayed there twice. I gave it a pass the first week assuming the musty halls, and the food encrusted coffee tray I found in my room were the exception, not the rule. I was wrong. stayed here a week later and had hairs floating around on the bathroom floor and soap floating in the 2 inches of standing water in the shower/tub. And yes, the drain was open. I now drive about 1/2 further northto Gainesville and stay in a very nice Springhill.nconvenient, but worth it!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business