“IT'S NOT THE RITZ - BUT IT'S CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocala
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
South Florida, Florida
“IT'S NOT THE RITZ - BUT IT'S CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE!”
Reviewed 13 December 2010

I have gotten used to staying in the brand new Fairfield Inns with the cushy beds and brand new decor. This hotel is above average, but it's just not brand new. It is clean, but could stand to have the carpets replaced in the hallways. The beds are comfy, but not those new, cushy beds. My room was very clean. The bathroom is small, but it too was clean. There was a frig and microwave in my room, even though it wasn't a suite.

The front desk staff was very nice and efficient. And, the breakfast room was great. The breakfast area was clean and the lady was friendly and kept everything well stocked.

Location of this hotel is excellent - right off the interstate and has lots of restaurants and stores all around, including a grocery store, Walmart, Target, etc.

I enjoyed my stay here (I stayed a couple days), and would stay again (it is the second time I have stayed here). I just like those brand new Fairfield Inns so much better! :)

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank tczig

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
United States
Reviewed 11 December 2010

Stayed one night on our way to Miami.

We are fans of Marriott and try to stay there whenever practical, if for no other reason than to maintain our Gold status and earn points. I know that Fairfield Inn is far from a high-end Marriott, but that's no excuse for not maintaining some standards. First of all, there was not a single working ice machine in the hotel. C'mon folks... this is FLORIDA where I would think an ice machine would be considered a necessity, not a luxury.

Another complaint, we had asked the evening before if they had skim (non-fat) milk available at breakfast. We were told "yes", skim, 2% and whole milk. The next morning, I didn't see any skim milk at the breakfast bar and because no employee was nearby, I peeked in the back room fridge and saw a whole bagful of skim milk cartons. I went to the front desk and asked if I could get some milk from the large fridge. The front desk person checked with a co-worker and reported that the milk was expired, that is why it was bagged. It had an expiration date of FOUR days prior. FOUR DAYS? They couldn't anticipate guest needs better than that?

Ok, so to some people skim milk and broken ice machines may not seem like a big deal. But when you're traveling, and you a choose a hotel based on past experience, you expect a level of of consistency.

Lastly, the only wifi available was in the lobby. The rooms were wired. We are a couple, each with a laptop. So having just one access point was really inadequate. Maybe it's unfair to criticize them because it is "disclosed" on their website. But still. It's 2010. It's a Marriott. No wireless in the rooms? Grrr.

This Fairfield has room to improve.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SunDiego123
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Better bargains elsewhere. Staff was friendly enough but obviously not busy enough. As overall cleanliness of hotel was lacking and several mechanical items were broke (ice machine, door locks and toilet).

Basically the hotel needs updating and hire a new staff that is more hospitable to the traveling public. Left with the feeling that we were a bother...

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank rcmojo
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 26 October 2010

This is usually the last night on the road before we reach our home in southern Florida. It is a very comfortable hotel with a good hot breakfast in the morning. We have never beem disappointed.

After we check in we go to our favorite Mexican restaurant nearby.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2010

We needed a one night place to stay on our drive from Dallas to Disneyworld. After calling several places listed in a coupon book, we decided to call the Fairfield Inn because my husband can get Marriott points for staying. The woman on the phone, LaDonna, was very helpful, looked up my husband's Marriott rewards information and said she had the two rooms we needed and we could get them for the coupon rate of $59. I asked her to hold the rooms while I called the other hotel and canceled our guaranteed late arrival reservation (It was 5:45 so I needed to hurry!) She agreed. I quickly cancelled my other reservation and called LaDonna back. She cheerfully booked our rooms. We arrived shortly thereafter, and had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We came here 4th of July weekend to explore the coast and visit the Appleton Museum. We decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn. We were surprised at how fresh the building looks for being nearly ten years old.
George Steinbrenner is the owner - and his fingerprint shows . There is display case of Yankee items for sale!
The service was great ..... I seemed to have numerous requests, faxes to send etc and they did it all cheerfully.
I am light sleeper, and had the BEST nights sleep in a while. We stayed on the 3rd floor, so maybe the rooms are less used, but they seemed quite new. Not all rooms have fridge, so make sure your's does - it that is important.

The Fairfield has one on the best breakfast bars for a mid-level hotel. Quite complete!
"Nancy" the food Ambassador, from New York, did a great job of keeping the items stocked, with a full-house of hungry guests. I had placed two hard boiled eggs in a breakfast bowl, and while talking with her, I emptied my instant oatmeal packet unto it.
She asked me if that's how I always ate my eggs!? I laughed and said "It is today."
She quickly rinsed off my eggs, and got me a new oatmeal packet.

The ONLY complaint we had, is that for a three story hotel with over 50+ rooms, they only provide ONE SMALL elevator. Checking out on a weekend, it was a bit overtaxed, and the stairwells are at the far end of each wing.
This is a great hotel, and one we were glad to have chosen.

KUDOS FAIRFIELD of OCALA !

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David M
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Stopped in here on the way to Disney world. Great place to stay, friendly staff. Excellent continental breakfast. Definately will return on future trips to Florida.

• Stayed July 2010