“The Nest is the Best!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ocklawaha
The Nest on Lake Weir
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ocklawaha
Austin, Texas, United States
“The Nest is the Best!”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I don’t think I ever got a chance to tell you how much we enjoyed our stay at the nest. It was perfect! You were the best hosts we could have imagined. I have recommended the Nest to everyone. It was a great place to relax, the dock, beach, and paddle boards were perfect. Room 6 and its private porch felt like my own luxury lake house! It was a great retreat from the contest that we were in town for, and even our 12 and 15 year olds had a great time there. Your restaurant recommendations were perfect and all the little attention to detail was so appreciated. My wife is a very picky traveler and was happy and comfortable and would definitely return. We went on to the Waldorf Astoria in Orlando and while there wished we were back at the Nest. If there is a contest next year we will surely want to book rooms and bring our friends!

Thanks again, you guys are truly special people and amazing hosts!
Randy and Viki
Austin,Texas

Room Tip: Get room 6 if you can, but all rooms are great and share the yard, dock and beach.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reesekittymoe
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My husband and i love love being outdoors and near water. This is the perfect place to catch up, unwind and re-connect with each other and nature. The room is beyond expectation and the pictures of the rooms on the web site do not lie. It was a fabulous weekend getaway from all the hustle and bustle, and the tourism we live in everyday. The beds were so comfortable and the bathroom is a delightful retreat. Both David and Lorraine make you feel very welcome from the start and with the use of the kayaks, paddle boards , grill, fire pit, its own beach area and much more adds to the stay. It was a gem that we thoroughly enjoyed.You are in close proximity to walking trail, restaurant, bar and stores. This is fabulous find and my husband and i will be making another trip soon, we stayed in cottage #1 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Room Tip: #1 is a quiet room, even though it is the furthest from the lake. It is still romantic, fun. Cottage...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We LOVE this place! My daughter and I stayed here for several days while she played in a state softball tournament in Ocala. Cottage #6 was wonderful - we had our own porch and view of Lake Weir. Lorraine and David were wonderful hosts, gave us helpful hints for local restaurants and things to do in our spare time, lit the firepit out by the lake at night, and were very friendly. Our cottage was beautifully decorated and felt like home. What a find!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank XraysAroundTheWorld
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I needed to be in the Ocala are to help my parents for a few days. I decided to splurge on a room rather than taking the couch at mom & dad's.

I arrived after a long day of driving and visiting with my folks. This place is beautiful and full of charm. It is an old fish camp that has been renovated into lovely little cottages. It is just the sweetest place. I can only imagine how nice this would work for weddings, retreats and other groups. It is the best of old Florida with every comfort provided.

The rooms are thoughtful. There was bottled water, bagels, milk and cereal. There are real plates, mugs and silverware. I stayed in cabin #1, there was a deep, jetted tub. I loved the interior. I decided right away to stay a second night. As they were a little busy, I moved to the garage studio. I enjoyed it as well. It was a private, quiet getaway.

The owners seem to live on property. They are warm and kind. I got the impression that they enjoy sharing this place with others-isn't that nice?

This time my husband and I will stay in the cabin #6 that overlooks the water. Our teen aged son gets the garage studio (he will love his own space). I am planning to invite my parents out as we are renting the pontoon boat. I can't wait to share this place with my family.

Room Tip: This is a gated facility, very quiet and safe feeling.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Addie T
maitland, florida
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My husband and I went here on our 20th Wedding Anniversary. This would easily compare to a High End Key West Boutique. The owners were at your beck and call. The grounds were impecable. They offered paddle boarding and kayaking at no additional charge. The rooms were professionaly decorated with high vaulted ceiling and ice cold air. The owner lit a bon fire and we sat on the white sand beach under a full moon sipping champagne. There are a limited amount of rooms so it is a very intimate place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1 which was outstanding but when we go back we are staying longer for sure and in...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mpeacock_10
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My family and I went there on a trip to get a way from the everyday life we have in Ocala. The owners were amazing with helping us and their knowledge of the area around them. They gladly openned with "home" to us and allowed my family to enjoy their time away from our everyday life. I would recommend that every family takes time away and at The Nest. Dave and Lorriane will gladly give boat rides around the lake and there are plenty of activities to keep your children or teenagers engaged. I loved the area that the inn is on. The location is peaceful and welcoming. I loved to wake up early to hear the waves crash on the lake shore. I was told that there are wedding that could take place there. All I can say is AMAZING!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank KerriB843
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed at The Nest for the HITS triathlon race. The room and views were amazing and very romantic grounds and setting. The landscaping was nicely manicured with outdoor lighting. White sugar sand beach with a firepit and sitting. Paddle boards and kayaks available for use. Gated property. Dave and Lorriane went way beyond expectations. They got up at 5am to open the gate for the athletes. They went to the race to watch my husband and I finish the race. Helped gather our bikes and ordered food for us. We will definitely be back! The linens were top notch! Nice amenities. We stayed in room #6 and it had a great porch to sit on and look at the lake. Can't say enough good things about this property!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Elijah619
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocklawaha
The Waterfront Inn
The Waterfront Inn
#2 of 2 in The Villages
Comfort Suites The Villages
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages
TownePlace Suites The Villages

Been to The Nest on Lake Weir? Share your experiences!