“Make sure you ask for a room away from stairs.”

Red Roof Inn Orlando West - Ocoee
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ocoee
Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

I have already reviewed this hotel and gave it a good review last time. This time, I was disappointed. My husband and I arrived very tired, in fact the lady at the desk commented on how tired I looked, and she gave us a room next to the stairs on the 2nd floor. When we arrived, the room next to us had their door open with the tv on loud. I should have asked for a different room right then but was too tired. I didn't have a hard time falling asleep but was woken up very early by banging doors. The stairway has a loud door and it was constantly being used. I could hear people talking outside my door and our shower was dripping loud. I finally realized what it was and closed the bathroom door which helped but couldn't do anything about the noise outside. I guess you get what you pay for, but tonight I am staying at comfort inn and suites in davenport. I paid less and the room is much nicer and quieter! Worth the 20 minute drive!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank roseofsharongardener
OrlandoOcoeeHotels, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando West - Ocoee, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Dear Ms. Gardener:

We appreciate your constructive feedback and take your concerns seriously. Our maintenance staff has adjusted our stairwell doors so that they close quietly. We have also repaired the dripping shower faucet. In fact, we have taken this opportunity to check all of our shower faucets and make any necessary repairs. We hope that you will give our Inn another try during your next visit to the Orlando area.

Paige Albright

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Janice was extremely hospitable and more than willing to assist us. We found her very polite, helpful, always smiling and very hard working. The Red Roof Inn was the first hotel we encountered in Orlando and to our pleasant surprise, the best since arriving in the US. The room was very comfortable. We will certainly recommend this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: Good location if you drive. Surrounded by good, value for money restaurants.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2012

On a business trip this summer, I selected Red Roof Inn because of the value. On subsequent trips, I would select Red Roof Inn West in Ocoee, FL because of the service. While all staff was good, Tangie was especially good. The right thing to do is the right thing, but sadly, all service attendants do not have that philosophy...by all means, Tangie has learned well how to give good customer service. Thank you, Tangie, for making my 4 day stay so pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights and had a decent stay. The hotel staff were all very nice and friendly. My room was cleaned and comfortable. The only things I didn't like was that my room key was faulty since it had trouble opening my door and the AC was controlled on the wall and it was confusing to set the temperature. The room got too cold after awhile. But overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay around the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2012

i stayed in the 2 queen bed on the second floor right above the door. it was a nice room and i didn't hear a peep from the door or road. the staff here was nice, the location and rooms were very clean.the room is comfortable, i slept like a baby. its not far from disney. this is where i always stay when i come to this area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel is clean and has comfortable beds. Great if you need a place to rest, but don't plan on eating in the room because there is no refrigerator or table. Which is fine if you just plan on sleeping here. It's perfect for a couple with small children who are planning to see the Orlando attractions as long as you have a car or rented a car. It's probably about 15 minutes

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stay at the Red Roof Inn in Ocoee. Our daughter lives in Ocoee and this like an extenion to her home. We stay a week about twice a year. We have been very pleased with the clean rooms. The prices is great and the staff always very nice. Keep up the excellent service. I noticed that one person did not recommend this for families but I really do not know why. Unless the person wants to keep this nice place to themselves. Guess I can't blame them for that.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocoee
Edgewater Hotel
#1 of 5 in Winter Garden
Quality Inn & Suites
#171 of 341 in Orlando
Best Western Orlando West
#243 of 341 in Orlando
Florida Center
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Been to Red Roof Inn Orlando West - Ocoee? Share your experiences!